First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Nothing Is Free In This World”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#41 Dec 7, 2012
pappy wrote:
Wellfolks, it sure does not take much to figure out a budget of $10 dollars per hour. A weeks pay is gone in a day or two. By the time a person pays for gasoliine, car , water, electric, sewer, trash pickup, clothing, doctor billlsor use the emergency rooom and get your check garnes., hair cut once in awhile, an unless you are on food stamps you have nothing left at the end ofthe week. And do not forget fica taxes, and the IRS. And if you are getting that unearnd incpme well the republians have ben talkng about doing away with that ittle bit of unearned inome. And do not forget the cost of kis if you have any. AND then to save money you gottta live with someone or your parents to survive as it is almost impossibe to make it on ten dolllars per hour. Is that you SunRise. So you folks have a nice day and GOD BLESS. I have been down that road before there was food stamps. And if you live in South east Oklahoma I doullbt you are even making $10 bucks an hour.
So, are you advocating foods stamps as the only remedy to ending individual poverty, Pappy? If that is you answer, well, quite frankly; you're an idiot. Everything I read in your post is an excuse. If you're earning $10.00 / hour, you should be learning how to increase your earning capaciy, by educating yourself, whether it be college, learning to weld or frame houses. Instead of moping around and merely accepting food stamps as a "way of life" and normal.

In your equation where is the other half of the earning family? You always mention a singular person, making $10.00 / hour, where is the husband or wife, so; they should be making $20.00 / hour right? However; you would find an excuse for a family making $20.00 / hour, too..........

Location hidden

#42 Dec 7, 2012
Tish wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't bitchin about the price of health care. I was giving an example of why people might not move. I have several friends and family members who live in and around dallas. Every thing is higher there than here, for God's sake property taxes are very high in certain areas. I agree with you that career opps. and growth are better there. The only ignorance I see is in you for thinking that your life dicision is best for every body else in S.E. Oklahoma. And don't pity me I am as well off or better off than you and I have lived here all my life.
It is not my life decision that is good for you, it is merely a business decision, that anyone should consider for themself. If a person aspires to make more money and have more opportunity for their childrem, they should consider their options. Yes, there are more options, besideds Welfare and Wal - Mart.

I realize 8 lane highways and skyscrapers are intimidating, however; you can adapt, unless; you like Welfare, Wal - Mart and all the cultural values of Hugo, Oklahoma? Unless you're scared of Airports, Art Museums and 5 Star Restaurants? Even if you must live on the range, with cattle eating in you backyard, you can purchase that too.

Hugo, Oklahoma is not a powerhouse economy or an economic engine of growth. If people like you would learn to understand that, you might see the world a little different. There is big, huge, world outside of Hugo, Oklahoma. People should encourage their children to at least experience another place, besides; Hugo, Oklahoma, so; they realize their choices. Instead of merely accepting Wal - Mart, Welfare and Good Old Hugo Way, which; by the way is Poverty.

Now, go "start" on someone..........

Location hidden

#43 Dec 7, 2012
would like to know wrote:
Hey Rhetoric, it is so refreshing to hear from someone who truly understands about choices. You are absolutely correct, "don't stay in Hugo if you are not able to make a comfortable living at what you are doing". There is always a way out, been there, done that, for over 40 years have had to figure things out, whether it was moving on, moving up, giving up, you get the picture. For those who want to say, "But you don't understand my situation?", I may even understand better than you. Been from one end of the income spectrum to the other, and back again. Have had a heck of a ride, loved every minute of it. Now, kicking back and enjoying "getting back to basics". Fortunately, my little old place is paid for, just have to worry about utilities, groceries, necessities. But that's okay, because I will be fine. If I can't pay for something, then I probably don't need it. I eat as healthy as possible, exercise regularly, don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs, and I DO NOT EXPECT ANYBODY TO TAKE CARE OF ME, NOR DO I EXPECT UNEARNED INCOME, ENTITLEMENTS OF ANY KIND. AND I DO NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT TELLING ME HOW TO LIVE, HOW TO SPEND MY MONEY, NOR WHAT I CAN OR CANNOT BELIEVE IN.
I have gone from having to work 1 full time job plus 2 part time jobs, to making over $100k per year. But I did it on my own, working my butt off, not from anybody taking care of me. And my children were raised with those work ethics, and they do not expect to be taken care of either. And I did this with a husband who was alcoholic and is now a drug addict. Tried for 25 years to keep it together, had to finally give up on that marriage.
This country of ours, people have gotten soft, whiny, expectant, lazy, and just downright greedy. That covers a huge part of the population. We need more people who understand what it is to make choices, and be accountable for those choices, NOW, before it is to late.
Unfortunately, it is a simple concept, most people cannot or will not accept:

It is easier to offer excuses as opposed to accepting responsibility. When the true reality of failure is typically the failing individual, not; the failing system.

People simply find it easier to blame their parents, their wife, their employer, when the problem is truly the person and the decisions, he or she has consistently made.

Hey, if you want to live in Hugo, making $8.00 an hour cleaning bathrooms, I have not a problem in the world, with it. However; don't lay aroung complaining about "no opportunity" and "needing more money", when you have accomplished nothing in your life that would allow you to make more than $8.00 an hour and you assess the job market around you and there is only $8.00 an hour jobs available.

Interestinly enough, the same people bitching about making $8.00 an hour and depending on welfare, could get the government to pay for the very education, that would pull them from poverty.

So, back to responsibility and ability, whose; fault is poverty?

It's simple economics, some get it, some don't.

Like I said, "education is the key", some get it, some don't?
single mom

United States

#45 Dec 7, 2012
I Work two jobs to support my kids so they can live in the country where they are happier then they ever were in Oklahoma city. If you choose to live where the jobs are low pay you have to be willing to Work as many jobs as you can to live without government assistance. Obama care is a burden on this country and is Going to bankrupt it. Just look how well movement controlled heath care has worked in other countries not good at all.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#46 Dec 7, 2012
ConfusedByRhetoric wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you advocating foods stamps as the only remedy to ending individual poverty, Pappy? If that is you answer, well, quite frankly; you're an idiot. Everything I read in your post is an excuse. If you're earning $10.00 / hour, you should be learning how to increase your earning capaciy, by educating yourself, whether it be college, learning to weld or frame houses. Instead of moping around and merely accepting food stamps as a "way of life" and normal.
In your equation where is the other half of the earning family? You always mention a singular person, making $10.00 / hour, where is the husband or wife, so; they should be making $20.00 / hour right? However; you would find an excuse for a family making $20.00 / hour, too..........
Confused,$20 bucks an hour just brings home alittle more bacon and some people earning that much might still qualify for food stamps if they have enough elgible bills to pay. And in McCurtain county the majority of people might, just might make $10 dollatrs an hour,. maybe. I know one thing a person can not make a living and pay rent and utilities on ten dolllars a month--they just survive. And another thing they sure can not afford health care at all on that money. And in Oklahoma they garnish your check if you have unpaid bills. Go to McCurtain county emergency room and leave without paying you will have your paycheck garnished--that is just a fact of life

Location hidden

#47 Dec 7, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Confused,$20 bucks an hour just brings home alittle more bacon and some people earning that much might still qualify for food stamps if they have enough elgible bills to pay. And in McCurtain county the majority of people might, just might make $10 dollatrs an hour,. maybe. I know one thing a person can not make a living and pay rent and utilities on ten dolllars a month--they just survive. And another thing they sure can not afford health care at all on that money. And in Oklahoma they garnish your check if you have unpaid bills. Go to McCurtain county emergency room and leave without paying you will have your paycheck garnished--that is just a fact of life

So, hold on, wait a minute. You tell me that $20.00 an hour, "brings a little more bacon". Are you on narcotics, it doubles your earning capacity. According to you, if I make $40.00 and hour and my wife doesn't work, I should be fine and dandy, drawing welfare?

You, Pappy are the problem. Somehow; in your twisted mind, you find it acceptable for someone making $20.00 / hour, to be; on Welfare?

So, have you actually asked, why? Why a person making $10.00 / hour cannot make it? You never ask the questions, why or what? What is the reason for this person to only make,$10.00 / hour at age 42? Why, hasn't he or she, aspired to make more than $10.00 / hour? Wait, because; Welfare allows he / she to make $10.00 / hour, right?

So, if someone was indebted to you, would you; forgive the debt, over and over and over? I mean, what the hell is wrong, with working for free, right? I am sorry, that; you see McCurtain County Hospital as such a burden, for collecting the money, they're owed? Oh, wait, you're a liberal, who; thinks everything should be free or labeled as a government, entitlement, right? Therefore; you aren't responsible for your trip to the Emergency Room, when you need a fix of Loritab or Common Cold? Meanwhile; people that really need medical attention are rotting on the vine, because; they have gunshot wounds and fell victim to a car crash. God forbid, you endure some pain, right?

God, Help Us All, unfortunately; you're a common citizen now, no longer; are you an anomaly?

Admit it, Pappy. You want someone to take care of you from the time your mother births you, until; you drop dead and you want zero responsibility, for anything in between?

If you didn't, you wouldn't need an ALMighty, FeDERal GoVERnment.

Location hidden

#48 Dec 7, 2012
single mom wrote:
I Work two jobs to support my kids so they can live in the country where they are happier then they ever were in Oklahoma city. If you choose to live where the jobs are low pay you have to be willing to Work as many jobs as you can to live without government assistance. Obama care is a burden on this country and is Going to bankrupt it. Just look how well movement controlled heath care has worked in other countries not good at all.
Here it is people, read her quote.

What more do you need?

She understands the concept, why can't you?

You want to live in Hugo, you will sacrifice, plain and simple.

What gives?
gave

Smithville, OK

#49 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Here it is people, read her quote.
What more do you need?
She understands the concept, why can't you?
You want to live in Hugo, you will sacrifice, plain and simple.
What gives?
yeah in hugo you give everything. And their not happy
pappy

Dallas, TX

#50 Dec 7, 2012
huey wrote:
<quoted text>that also means all the small employers go up on price for their workers to have insurance and obama say he is for small bussinesses
HUEY, if a person can not afford to buy insurance(ObamCare) that person will be subsidized for the insurance they select. And you do not have to participate in the program. And thsoe companies that do not want to be in the program do not have to do so--their choice. If they do they will get tax breaks. Alot of people are alredy recoeving benefits from Obama care. When it is set up in Oklahoma and the people fiind out how good it is the grouhyines will come to an end. And Huey, there are no Death panelsin Obama care.That was just a misrepresentation started by the republicans liek Black Helocopters are going to come amd carry peopple away----another falsehood.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#51 Dec 7, 2012
How do you know they will be going up on their prices HUEY, willlllllnot the tax breaks cover the cost of doing business
demo

Valliant, OK

#52 Dec 7, 2012
crowned wrote:
<quoted text> really? My husband has insurance and he doesn't make much over 10.00$ and hour! He pays his insurance and knows he taken care of! Wth! We don't need obama care either. I mean think about it,would you rather have health coverage(exspecially emergencies) or would you rather have cable television, new clothes,ect...all other unessasary items? Cmon how are you living because you either have alot of mouths to feed or some BIG debts. I will be honest he makes more then ten an hour and gets a full 40 hours..but he still manages to pay a hefty house payment,a large truck payment phone and all other utilities and other items we may need around the home. Including 3 kids and 2 dogs..food ect....and he still manages to pay for medical ins. Emergency ins. And life insurance...oh and don't forget the children on the ins. Plan also....MANAGE YOUR MONEY and you won't have shit to bitch about!
ur not telling facts about something because he must make more then ten an hr and he probably works more then 40 hrs a week or u have a well and you live in the dark and your just trying spin it for the republican side give me a break cause theres no way a family can make it on that salary its impossible for a family of 5
pappy

Dallas, TX

#53 Dec 7, 2012
AS for working 2 jobs--alot of people work 2 or 3 jobs because most of the jobs are part time Less than 40 hours. I used to work 80 and sometimes 1000 hours per week. Lots of people are working lots of hours out of necessity-- I call it a necessity to surviove on the meager wages that have not kept up with the times and the inflationary cost of living--hear some people in McCurtain county pay more that 3oo dollars per month on their electricity bill. WE used to live in the heat without even a fan to blowe the hot air around., split and cut our own wood--but back in the earlier days we burned coal in a pot belly stove. Now you talk about haveing a smoking chimney we had one---black smoke,. It was my job to break up thsoe chunks of coal to fit inot that pot belly stover. And I do not ever want a return to thsoe olden times. I still remember that out house and the cold on hiotting my behind. It was not a vey pleasnat event. And folks no matter what one says they are not living in the olden ways of years ago.they still have a lot of modern convenieces we did not have back them . Enjoy that indoor plubiing and that modern johny crapper as that was the guy who invented the modern day flusher.

Location hidden

#55 Dec 8, 2012
pappy wrote:
How do you know they will be going up on their prices HUEY, willlllllnot the tax breaks cover the cost of doing business
Who is Huey? Did you take one, too many Xanax?

Don't tell me prices aren't going up, companies have to provide insurance to all employees, regardless or cut their plan, to which; they pay a penalty. Either way it goes, companies pay.

Furthermore, companies have to provide specific insurance coverage and yes; it costs money. I realize in your liberal - stooge world, these entitlements get funded by a magic fairy. However; in real life, someone picks up the tab, to who; is that person, me? My insurance premiums have risen and will rise in 2013, even more than the project 8%, due to; Obamacare and the mandates that are required of companies and insurers.

Plain and simple, if you actually purchased insurance, you might realize the facts?

Location hidden

#56 Dec 8, 2012
pappy wrote:
AS for working 2 jobs--alot of people work 2 or 3 jobs because most of the jobs are part time Less than 40 hours. I used to work 80 and sometimes 1000 hours per week. Lots of people are working lots of hours out of necessity-- I call it a necessity to surviove on the meager wages that have not kept up with the times and the inflationary cost of living--hear some people in McCurtain county pay more that 3oo dollars per month on their electricity bill. WE used to live in the heat without even a fan to blowe the hot air around., split and cut our own wood--but back in the earlier days we burned coal in a pot belly stove. Now you talk about haveing a smoking chimney we had one---black smoke,. It was my job to break up thsoe chunks of coal to fit inot that pot belly stover. And I do not ever want a return to thsoe olden times. I still remember that out house and the cold on hiotting my behind. It was not a vey pleasnat event. And folks no matter what one says they are not living in the olden ways of years ago.they still have a lot of modern convenieces we did not have back them . Enjoy that indoor plubiing and that modern johny crapper as that was the guy who invented the modern day flusher.
100 hours a week, right?

I suppose you liked giving 50% of your 100 hour earnings to the government, eh?

That is what you think I should do, every week, with your liberal ideology.
pappy

Lancaster, TX

#57 May 15, 2013
Yes Confused I worked a lot of hours aND i PAID MY TAXES BOTH THE LOCAL, THE PROPERTY TAXES ,THE SALES TAXES. BUT i NEVER PAID PAID ANY TAXES IN THE TAX BRACKET YOU MENTIONED. aND i USUALLY USED THE SHORT FORM TO FILE.
pappy

Lancaster, TX

#58 May 15, 2013
aND i USUALLY WORKED 7 DAYS A WEEK.

Location hidden

#59 May 15, 2013
pappy wrote:
aND i USUALLY WORKED 7 DAYS A WEEK.
Your point, Pappy?

So, you worked a lot, apparently you didn't make a lot of money or you would be very familiar with the number, I quoted?

If you add the following taxes, you will get a number close to 50%:

Payroll Taxes: Federal
Payroll Taxes: State
Payroll Taxes: County
Payroll Taxes: City
Social Security: Federal
Medicare: Federal
Sales Taxes: Local
Land Taxes: County

This doesn't include vehicle tags, registration, fuel taxes and city fire dues.

So, when I add all the numbers and compare it to my tax return, my actual tax rate is around 52%. However; you liberals like to talk about effective tax rates, which; is bullshit or the numbers just don't add up.

In summary, before you start railing on about Social Security and Medicare, once again, my money is stolen from me and given to another, who is; receiving benefits now. So, I don't want to hear your commentary about Social Security or Medicare, because; I am forced to pay into the system, that was established, before; I was born.

CBR
agree

Lawton, OK

#60 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Your point, Pappy?
So, you worked a lot, apparently you didn't make a lot of money or you would be very familiar with the number, I quoted?
If you add the following taxes, you will get a number close to 50%:
Payroll Taxes: Federal
Payroll Taxes: State
Payroll Taxes: County
Payroll Taxes: City
Social Security: Federal
Medicare: Federal
Sales Taxes: Local
Land Taxes: County
This doesn't include vehicle tags, registration, fuel taxes and city fire dues.
So, when I add all the numbers and compare it to my tax return, my actual tax rate is around 52%. However; you liberals like to talk about effective tax rates, which; is bullshit or the numbers just don't add up.
In summary, before you start railing on about Social Security and Medicare, once again, my money is stolen from me and given to another, who is; receiving benefits now. So, I don't want to hear your commentary about Social Security or Medicare, because; I am forced to pay into the system, that was established, before; I was born.
CBR
I agree, its time for change plain and simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valliant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hugo City water 2 hr Bloody Hersheys K... 9
now here is a topix yaw all kan say i made (Oct '10) 5 hr Bloody Hersheys K... 19
Shelly Covington 9 hr Jus a grin 2
Are we thinking original thoughts? 9 hr Tarantula On The ... 2
Quater Cooper and renia a tomhas 11 hr Bloody Hersheys K... 6
sawyer pd (Aug '10) 16 hr MRover 8
Carroll Wayne? 16 hr M Prater 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valliant Mortgages