Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#144675 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
You and your partner are not married. It is a flagrant fallacy to say so.
You may not like it......think it isn't a marriage.....but regardless of what you think or feel about it......it is a LEGAL MARRIAGE RECOGNIZED IN MY STATE AND OTHERS AS WELL........so, kindly go fruck yourself.......and that's my right to say!!!
Winston Smith

United States

#144676 Jun 6, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Let's blame religion again and again here on topix. If you want to make a change, so some guts, show up at churches and speak to the masses. Tell them your story and mission in life. make a real difference to make yourself feel better.
Maybe it isn't religion so much as those who use religion to promote the belittlement of a significant yet small portion of the human race. Small minded folk have a tendency to do just that. Look around, take an honest look, and try to deny it. The Old Testament is a clear cut example of this. It is Jewish in origin and isn't intended to be taken literally, it is meant to be taken figuratively. To top it off, parts of the Bible actually involve health issues that modern knowledge render moot.

Religion, like it or not, is evolving. This doesn't entail folks running around from church to church "telling their stories" enlightening the masses. That is pointless. Religion instills a mindset in individuals that is more fixed than any mountain range. Change happens over generations. I've witnessed this in my corner of the globe with regard to interracial relationships. My generation is largely intollerant of them. The next one is more tolerant, and the one following is more embracing. Take note of the difference between embracing and tolerating.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about take a look at the Amish and Menonite faiths. With each passing generation the rules lighten in terms of accepting the fruits of advancing civilization.

The bottom line is that regardless of any state constitutional amendments, regardless of a US Constitutional amendment in the future, times are changing. Closed minds are dying, open ones are being born. We'll reach a point where those suggesting that homosexuals are mentally ill are as welcome as the most outspoken racist. We'll see the same progression that racism has seen. That started out as the accepted norm. Then it became the accepted norm in certain regions while it continued in other places in a bit more covert fashion. Today it continues covertly but it is falling out of favor. The progress is generational. Yours is a dying breed, dinosaurs.
Winston Smith

United States

#144677 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
"I was asked to go there"
A patient's voluntary commitment isn't therapy for therapists.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#144678 Jun 6, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not like it......think it isn't a marriage.....but regardless of what you think or feel about it......it is a LEGAL MARRIAGE RECOGNIZED IN MY STATE AND OTHERS AS WELL........so, kindly go fruck yourself.......and that's my right to say!!!
After DOMA is ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court it will also be recognized by the federal government as well.
Tight Butt Hole

Laguna Niguel, CA

#144679 Jun 6, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
After DOMA is ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court it will also be recognized by the federal government as well.
Why do the fags push their anal sex & oral sex on everyone? We don't care who or what goes into your anal and oral cavatiy.
So you want everyone to know that you are different than what you feel is the norm. We could care less. Just like a spoiled litte sissy brat that need to throw a fit to get attention.
Shove it up your ass!
Chupa Mi Vega

Laguna Niguel, CA

#144681 Jun 6, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why do u bring up religion mr judge and jury? Because im against gay marraige, im a christian hater. I am here to answer back to people that attack me for my opinion. Dan is number 1. want to join?
Why do the fags push their anal sex & oral sex on everyone? We don't care who or what goes into your anal and oral cavatiy.
So you want everyone to know that you are different than what you feel is the norm. We could care less. Just like a spoiled litte sissy brat that need to throw a fit to get attention.
Shove it up your ass!
Chupa Mi Vega

Laguna Niguel, CA

#144682 Jun 6, 2012
Jess wrote:
Woohoo!!
Shove it up your ass!
Chupa Mi Vega

Laguna Niguel, CA

#144683 Jun 6, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
A patient's voluntary commitment isn't therapy for therapists.
Shove it up your ass!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144685 Jun 6, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You should talk ... You and your queer friends are stuck on stupid.
OK Bruno.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144686 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said marriage was 'centered on production'?
Who limited the oneness to physical?
Why the need to dumb down sex?
See what you need to do to equate gay sex and marriage?
Thanks for more than proving my point.
Smile.
Just responding to *your* post genius.

You don't have any poinits dipshit....yuo made a point on one post that infers marriage is for producing babies and having a "oneness" in sexual matters and now you're basically waffling.

You don't even know who the hell you are Psycho Sal...LOL!!!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144687 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said marriage was 'centered on production'?
Who limited the oneness to physical?
Why the need to dumb down sex?
See what you need to do to equate gay sex and marriage?
Thanks for more than proving my point.
Smile.

"Sexual intercourse is the most intimate act of marriage, the physical expression of oneness, the only evolutionary union that produces human 'fruit', and you don't want to talk about it?

I wonder why.

Just more ways that marriage and gay unions are drastically distinct."

----Your words shithead...not mine.

Help?
Conservative Republican

United States

#144688 Jun 6, 2012
As a true conservative it is my duty to fight for the rights of the individual against the evil government. The government has no business telling people who they can marry. The next thing you know the government will be telling people they can't own firearms or can't make a certain amount of money!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144689 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was to go there and help depressed psychologists.
Now they always smile when they see me.
Now tell me what your wife said when you asked her if you needed a letter.
They probably smile because they too can't hold in their laughter at seeing your batshit crazy ass trying to navigate through life.

Why would I have to ask my wife for a letter? A letter for what exactly? A grocery list???

Listen Lunatic Lenny...this may shock the ever loving SHIT out of you but probably 97.85% of the population out there doesn't need "letters" stating we're cured of masturbating in public places or whatever got you to need a memo to leave the nuthouse so shaddup already.

LOL!!!!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144690 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
"I was asked to go there"
By whom?

The men in the white coats???

LOL!!!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144691 Jun 6, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really know what you are talking about, first of all, im not registered and have had several imitators using my name. I am not at your level to make that this topix is fun or so important that I would show up in person. It was most likely you that wrote it when one of your threats was exposed.
Riiight.

Well dickless...then it was one of your convenient "imitators" in Elk Grove who posted it.

Nice play. Do somethnig stupid and you can revert to claiming it was one of your several 'imitators'.

If tapdance had a bullshit theme song this would be iut.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144692 Jun 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly don't care what you do in your bedroom or elsewhere.
I'm simply stating reality. Something I have every right to do so and will continue to do so.
You and your partner are not married. It is a flagrant fallacy to say so. It is a physical impossibility. It is a idiotic denial of cultural and religious history. It is a distortion of definition that makes the word 'marriage' meaningless.
And it's only your opinion.

Next...
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#144693 Jun 6, 2012
Chupa Mi Vega wrote:
<quoted text>
Shove it up your ass!
Hey moron,perhaps you better talk to yourself because US heteros partake in anal and oral sex also stupid! Might I add in greater numbers! Seems your working with a very dim bulb in your head! try a 150 watt next time! Idiot! D-U-H
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#144694 Jun 6, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiight.
Well dickless...then it was one of your convenient "imitators" in Elk Grove who posted it.
Nice play. Do somethnig stupid and you can revert to claiming it was one of your several 'imitators'.
If tapdance had a bullshit theme song this would be iut.
He posted it Dan,seems he has a little selective memory! I remember it distinctly! That boy sure knows how to tap alright! LOL

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#144695 Jun 6, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it will and Section 3 of DOMA was dealt yet ANOTHER blow today from another judge.......sooner or later DOMA will be gone!!!

By the way....it's me....RnL2008:-)
peeuke

Bradenton, FL

#144696 Jun 6, 2012
Why do the media think I give a rats ass about gays?

I mean, do YOU care about MY sex life? Well, I digress, my lesbian cousin couldn't keep her nose our of my marriage, but again, I digress.

What. The gay's are narcissitic and think anyone else gives a rat's ass about their chewing on each other? Have at it. But stop shoving it in my face. I don't CARE.

I don't want to HEAR about the 'on again off again' gay drama. Get a life. Apparently gays aren't too satisfied??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Domestic violence allegations from 1996 surface... 22 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 2
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) Fri donaldF895 79
News Essential Politics: Angry, raw and racially cha... Fri Christsharians on... 1
Review: Lisa Merkle Design, llc Fri Mary M 1
maria catalina ibarra (Feb '16) Aug 24 Chuck E 44
News Five Glendale police officers file suit against... (Jan '10) Aug 24 Susan 535
News Council to offer $50,000 reward for Sylmar shoo... (Oct '10) Aug 22 Pacoima Skater 7

Valley Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valley Village Mortgages