very interested

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Has anyone tried the frozen steaks/chicken/seafood from Great Steak Company. Or, has anyone ever worked or know someone that worked for them. My family has relocated to the Louisville area, and we have an opportunity to buy into the franchise. I was just wondering if you or anyone you know has any experience with this. Thank you so much for your time
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

This moron posted the same thread on the Sheperdsville topix. I notice all the threads are time stamped about 3 hours ago. He must be trying to sell his crappy meat. I bought a box of the stuff from a pretty girl that came to my door a couple of years ago.

I paid about $125 for it and it was so bad the dogs got most of it.
lol

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

What kind of moron would buy meat from a freezer in the back of someones pick up truck anyways??? Lmao! I laugh at these losers all the time.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The girl that sold me the meat was Blond early twenties with blue eyes and built like a brick sh*t house. She could have sold me beach front property in Utah.
lol

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Scarecrow wrote:
The girl that sold me the meat was Blond early twenties with blue eyes and built like a brick sh*t house. She could have sold me beach front property in Utah.
I would have sold her MY meat then, lol...
A Professional

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I have sold meat out of the back of a truck for decades.
It is an honorable profession and there is no reason to "buy into any distributorship".
That is literally throwing money away, throwing it out the window. You might as well light your cash with a match.
Get a pick-up, get a freezer, and the most important thing you need to find is a USDA Federally inspected butcher house. Without the USDA stamp you can't legally cross state borders.
Actually the most important thing is to buy quality meat that your customers will buy again.
It's much easier to sell quality food because your customers will purchase from you every time you see them provided they have the money and a need for what you are selling them
I don't sell cases, I sell individual boxes of meat, pork, chicken, and seafood.
Selling cases of meat with several selections in the case is ripping people off.
The cost can vary depending on what's in the case and the quality of the meat in the case. Most is tenderized like Golden Corral. Seldom will you find anyone that will sell you quality at a discount. It's not a discount if a case costs $80 but they are asking $350.
"We have 1 case left because Joe Blow wasn't home so we will sell it to you for $300, then $200, then $125." You get the idea.
Back to the original question, NO, do not buy a distributorship. There is no advantage to using the company name as it is worthless. I have been in the business for years and I am telling you I have never heard of the company and that means neither has anyone else. So what will you be getting for your money?
Maybe I should charge someone for my 30+ years of knowledge in the business. I could be a consultant.
Tell you what, I will set you up in business, get you hooked up with a legal butcher, even tell you where to purchase everything you need to start your business.
My price will be very affordable.
I am serious.
I am not some loser on drugs like many of the meat jobbers. I know exactly where to buy the good stuff and have a 34 year proven record on how to conduct an honest meat business.
If you aren't making $200 -$300 a day selling quality items then you need to talk to me.
The best part about it?
You can see the same people/customers every 3 weeks and not see one member of the food stamp crowd ever.
A Professional

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Not to downgrade the food stamp recipients but you would have to get set up to do that with the Feds and personally I find it unethical to sell steaks to people on food stamps. That's just my opinion. I have known meat sales guys that only work on the first of the month and when food stamps come out and they do very well. They go to the projects every month when they their customers get their government assistance. I never would do that as again I find that unethical.
very interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Thank you A Professional! I appreciate your thoughts.
real deal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

A Professional wrote:
I have sold meat out of the back of a truck for decades there is no reason to "buy into any distributorship".
. Well, we tried it for a month - we would love to talk to you.... please leave your contact information. Thanks we are looking forward to talking with you.

“We are Legion”

Since: Jul 12

The Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

From my experience, these operations usually have pretty good meat, but the prices are usually too high.
A Professional

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

real deal wrote:
<quoted text>. Well, we tried it for a month - we would love to talk to you.... please leave your contact information. Thanks we are looking forward to talking with you.
Leave me an email and I will respond back to you.
real deal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Mail.bigdaddys@gmail.com - thanks :)
Duh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

A Professional wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave me an email and I will respond back to you.
Beware people! This guy is a complete scammer!
very interested

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>Beware people! This guy is a complete scammer!
<<< how you know? Are there not any normal/decent people anymore??
A Professional

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

very interested wrote:
<quoted text><<< how you know? Are there not any normal/decent people anymore??
Thank you for defending me. I have been on PTO in Florida for the last week and forgot all about this thread. Big Daddy, check your email box.

Since: Aug 13

Searcy Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

I don't know why anyone would buy an old dead animal carcass anyhow...no less from the back of a smoky old pickup truck...blood dripping out the rust holes and stuff!!!
Bob O

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

very interested wrote:
Has anyone tried the frozen steaks/chicken/seafood from Great Steak Company. Or, has anyone ever worked or know someone that worked for them. My family has relocated to the Louisville area, and we have an opportunity to buy into the franchise. I was just wondering if you or anyone you know has any experience with this. Thank you so much for your time
i bought some steaks from a guy about a year ago who was driving a nissan pick up. The whole family got mud butt and Hershey squirts. We were in the bathroom for days taking Obamas

Since: Aug 13

Searcy Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

OMG...Hershey Squirts...whoa lmmfao
Trespassing

Gillespie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

I just ran another one of these guys off. Same van every week, different driver, they must have a high employee turnover. Why pay extra for meat that has probably been frozen and thawed a dozen times when you can just go to the butcher shop and eliminate the middleman? To "A Professional", just curious, why is it unethical to sell steaks to food stamp recipients? Poor people should be required to eat nothing but PBJ sandwiches and cheap hot dogs?
A Professional

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Trespassing wrote:
I just ran another one of these guys off. Same van every week, different driver, they must have a high employee turnover. Why pay extra for meat that has probably been frozen and thawed a dozen times when you can just go to the butcher shop and eliminate the middleman? To "A Professional", just curious, why is it unethical to sell steaks to food stamp recipients? Poor people should be required to eat nothing but PBJ sandwiches and cheap hot dogs?
It's unethical because most jobbers selling meat out of a truck are ripping people off.
When they prey on those less fortunate it's stealing from those that have the least to lose.
Also, they are usually paying an inflated price for meat that can be bought at any grocery store for less. Lastly, I believe it's unethical to make the American taxpayer pay these sham prices. Food stamps are provided for by the government and since I am a taxpayer I am offended.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valley Station Discussions

Search the Valley Station Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) 23 min Sebastian 57
Robbery victim, suspect shot each other on Libe... 31 min wezul6 10
The Chit Chat Channel 47 min bob Dillon 82
POLICE: Louisville dad arrested after 3-year-ol... 2 hr Wow 3
the round table (Aug '11) 4 hr girl 10,176
Middle aged black male public indecentness 5 hr Moe 2
rapest in bullitt co 6 hr worldknowitall 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Valley Station Jobs

•••