What is it like living in Shepherdsville?

Posted in the Valley Station Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Curious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

I know someone who lives in Shepherdsville, she says it is a nice area but drug users are becoming more common. I live in Louisville, in a safe, good neighborhood. I am young woman and I am considering moving there. But there are some things I want to know first. Such as, what is shopping like there? What are the people like? What is the housing like? Going online looking at houses, they look really nice. What is the crime level like? Overall do you like living in shepherdsville? If yes or no, why or why not? Thanks everyone, I hope to get many responses.
just sayin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I have lived here for 28 years . My kids grew up here and the schools are alot better here cause there is NO bussing so if you plan on having kids in the future this is were you want to be close knit town.......moved to Louisville a 2 years and hated it.. Drugs are every were people are you that blind ? If you don't do drugs then you won't attract that kind of friends it's really up to you... we only have one groceries store Kroger and we also have goodies, Cato, s plenty of fast food places... I go to Wal-Mart in hillview to shop it's a little cheaper it's only about 10 mins away... I work in Louisville and drive 30 mins to work but it's worth the drive to me to get to live in a small town like shepherdsville and it is really a nice place to raise your children......hope this helps !!!
yea right

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

schools here do have bussing i rode the bus all through school. we do have a kroger but there is also a sav a lot. when it comes to the younger generation of coarse there are bad ones just like there are bad people in the older generation. anyways i am 23 and i have lived here most of my life. i own a nice house in oak grove and dont have any complaints with my neighborhood. just fyi if you move from jefferson county to bullitt your car insurance will go down as well.
yea right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Just saying acts like she knows everything but didnt even know theres a savalot here. Lmao!
Curious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I'm glad to see posts, it's helping me learn more about Shepherdsville. I just want to be sure I make a good decision for my future. Thanks everyone! I'll check back again soon hoping to see more posts.
Boo

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

yea right wrote:
Just saying acts like she knows everything but didnt even know theres a savalot here. Lmao!
Hello Holly
been there

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

a sewer of drugs, dope dealers, dope wh*res and dirty cops. the high school and middle school is run down, have been ever since I went there. there are a few nice places toward mt. washington. but for the most part shep, lj and hillview is trash
just sayin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Hey ........yeah right....bussing doesn't mean u road the bus...lol.......HELLO it means you don't get bussed from WAY across town like they do in Jefferson co.. some kids ride the bus for 2 hrs in the morning and 2 hours after school to get home....DUH....that what fussing is... btw I forgot about save a lot being in shepherdsville sorry..
nichole g

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

most of the schools have been remodeled now. shepherdsville is a quiet peaceful place to live as long as you dont make the wrong friends. there is one tarc stop by the football field that will pick up in the morning and go to louisville and come back in the evenings if that is what u are looking for.if you live life right shepherdsville is not a bad place if you dont it will drag u even farther down just like any where else.
country

Winfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Shepherdsville is great those of you don't agree please stay in Louisville!

Since: Jul 12

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

They should hang the guy who built the Park Place apartments. They look like crap. They also should fire whoever was on the non-planning commission at the time. Other than that Shepherdsville is great.
ggg

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

been there wrote:
a sewer of drugs, dope dealers, dope wh*res and dirty cops. the high school and middle school is run down, have been ever since I went there. there are a few nice places toward mt. washington. but for the most part shep, lj and hillview is trash
you a lie game over
Blu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Stay in Louisville

“GAME OVER”

Since: Jan 13

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Blu wrote:
Stay in Louisville
they're both the same GAME OVER
daddy

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

You all been trolled. A post by someone who lives ten miles up 65 who has a friend who lives here yet doesn't know anything bout the Shep. Suckers!

“GAME OVER”

Since: Jan 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

anywhere you go is what you make it. it all has to do with the people you are around GAME OVER
rebelgray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

It's not bad. If moving from Louisville to here your child will be behind on the educational level.
Curious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

@ daddy
I'm not a troll. I asked a genuine question and would appreciate genuine answers. The reason I don't know much about shepherdsville is because i've only been there 3 times and the friend I know that lives there, I don't see or speak with very often.

Thanks for the answers so far from those who are being serious. I would like to hear from more people who live there.
hey curious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

This is a very nice place to live......southern hospitality is in shep.....schools are great also ! Lived in louisville for a while hated it...so I moved back to Shep ! Hope this helps! If you like country living you will like shep ky.
truth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Shepherdsville's is a horrible place to live, I hate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valley Station Discussions

Search the Valley Station Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
School To Allow Boy In Girls Restroom 19 min ___Jenny___ 3
Crews working fatal accident on Southern Parkway 49 min Scarecrow 10
Apts 57 min Yourworstnightmare 11
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Phaque 81,543
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Poles 26,164
justin andrew hunter 2 hr curious v 1
Chad Vittitow & Crystal Hayden 2 hr blue lick dave 44
•••
•••