Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

You are so right,but I have learned that getting on here YAPPIN as you say,can bring out the worst in a lot of our topix readers!!! That as you say,perhaps is not a small thing in another persons world,so yappin, on any subject should be allowed.So I will keep reading the yappin that goes on !!!
The real imitator

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

What a great idea. A positive round table. Most of the time I don`t enter those top four entries on topix because it creates so much negative energy, I wind up felling worse for it. They`re not going to change the way I vote anyway. Sometimes,while reminiscing the past,I wonder what would have happened if I had done something differently or if someone else had but I always get back to the point that we make our beds and have to be happy with our choices. I couldn`t be like the Daddy in "Slingblade",but it`s because I don`t want to be, Now I achieve my best feelings by being nice to other people or trying to help them someway and not worrying about the past.
good news

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

Something positive, my baby girl just told me she is expecting after trying 10+ years. Those are words that I never thought I would be hearing. Well by the grace of God, I have heard them and with his blessing, she will have a happy healthy baby. She waited till after the 1st trimester to spread the news due to the complications with getting pregnant in the first place. Well anyway, it is finally happening!! Thank you Jesus for making this me maws dream a reality!!
Sir Lancelot

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

Heartfelt congratulations on the good news.My Lord is a great God indeed. Keep us posted as time passes. There is nothing to compare to the feeling of your little two year old granddaughter hugging you tightly when she awakes from her nap or when she calls you PaPa. Hope you get to spend a lot of time with yours as it will give you a new lease on life.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

good news wrote:
Something positive, my baby girl just told me she is expecting after trying 10+ years. Those are words that I never thought I would be hearing. Well by the grace of God, I have heard them and with his blessing, she will have a happy healthy baby. She waited till after the 1st trimester to spread the news due to the complications with getting pregnant in the first place. Well anyway, it is finally happening!! Thank you Jesus for making this me maws dream a reality!!
Congratulations meemaw.I uderstand perfectly how you feel.My sister went through similar challenges while trying to concieve.Doctors even told her it would be impossible.She had just about given up when she became preganant with a boy.A short two years later,she had her second boy.That convinces me that a little faith and prayer goes a much longer distance than medical advice most times.Have fun spoiling the little one kiddo.
Sir Lancelot

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

On this thread Spartan will henceforth be known as King Author and Farmer girl as Lady Guinevere. Proclaimed this 17th day of August in the year of our lord; 2011.
candidate

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sir Lancelot wrote:
On this thread Spartan will henceforth be known as King Author and Farmer girl as Lady Guinevere. Proclaimed this 17th day of August in the year of our lord; 2011.
How do I go about getting a title from Camelot so I can publish on this thread?
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sir Lancelot wrote:
Whoa,that's deep.I'm an open minded guy though,,,not real quick to rule anything out.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

candidate wrote:
<quoted text>How do I go about getting a title from Camelot so I can publish on this thread?
Come up with a catchy sounding screen,get a twelve pack,and learn to type fast.
Farmer Girl

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sir Lancelot wrote:
Oh MY LORD I guess I'm going to have to do some research on Lady Guinevere,I don't believe I remember much on this LADY!!!! Now something positive ,got all the hay in before it rained, and kids all LOVE school this year, even the pre- schooler !!!!
Sir Lancelot

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

candidate wrote:
<quoted text>How do I go about getting a title from Camelot so I can publish on this thread?
With King Author`s permission,first you must research Camelot,chhose a character(not yet taken) and publish a fifty word essay telling us how you will use the thread positively and contribute to the well being of such. King Author will be the judge and let you know. It was a beutiful sunset as I was walking my little dog today and now I am eating strawberry shortcake.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sir Lancelot wrote:
<quoted text> With King Author`s permission,first you must research Camelot,chhose a character(not yet taken) and publish a fifty word essay telling us how you will use the thread positively and contribute to the well being of such. King Author will be the judge and let you know. It was a beutiful sunset as I was walking my little dog today and now I am eating strawberry shortcake.
Sunset,shortcake and a puppy you say.Who says you can't have it all??? I fought the whole day yesterday with a hangover.Perhaps I'll outgrow this foolishness one day,but in the mean time,I'm havin' fun.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Farmer Girl wrote:
You are so right,but I have learned that getting on here YAPPIN as you say,can bring out the worst in a lot of our topix readers!!! That as you say,perhaps is not a small thing in another persons world,so yappin, on any subject should be allowed.So I will keep reading the yappin that goes on !!!
I have been considering your point and have come to a conclusion.Topix friends may in fact be a bit eccentric,(with their screen personalities anyway)however they will not steal your goodies while you are in the bathroom,interrupt you in the middle of a statement,show up at inopportune moments,or con you into giving them a ride somewhere.I seriously doubt that it can get any better than that,so join in and ignore the negativity.After all,we're your friends.
Sir Lancelot

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

spartan wrote:
<quoted text>I have been considering your point and have come to a conclusion.Topix friends may in fact be a bit eccentric,(with their screen personalities anyway)however they will not steal your goodies while you are in the bathroom,interrupt you in the middle of a statement,show up at inopportune moments,or con you into giving them a ride somewhere.I seriously doubt that it can get any better than that,so join in and ignore the negativity.After all,we're your friends.
King Author,with your permission,you must sign in as King Author!
King Author

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sir Lancelot wrote:
<quoted text> King Author,with your permission,you must sign in as King Author!
Just did catch that it was Author instead of Arther.Nice twist on the 'round table' theme.However,if I proclaim to be King,and sit at a taller chair,then the purpose of the round table has been defeated.But,I'll be more than happy to roll with it if nobody catches on.Thanks Lancelot,I'm honored to have thinking like yours at the table among mine.
Farmer Girl or Guinevere

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

spartan wrote:
<quoted text>I have been considering your point and have come to a conclusion.Topix friends may in fact be a bit eccentric,(with their screen personalities anyway)however they will not steal your goodies while you are in the bathroom,interrupt you in the middle of a statement,show up at inopportune moments,or con you into giving them a ride somewhere.I seriously doubt that it can get any better than that,so join in and ignore the negativity.After all,we're your friends.
Yes you are right in all the above,and can use all the friends I can get,I doubt if it can get any better than the above post,well maybe another beer, and all the kids in bed !!!!!!
King Author

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Farmer Girl or Guinevere wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you are right in all the above,and can use all the friends I can get,I doubt if it can get any better than the above post,well maybe another beer, and all the kids in bed !!!!!!
Everything in due course,good lady.Patience and contentment go hand in hand.Just like drinking and driving when you're in your twenties.One ain't no good without the other.
King Author

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Lady Guinevere, I found you on you-tube. Did you research your history? Clue (19-23) Sir Lancelot
good news

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations meemaw.I uderstand perfectly how you feel.My sister went through similar challenges while trying to concieve.Doctors even told her it would be impossible.She had just about given up when she became preganant with a boy.A short two years later,she had her second boy.That convinces me that a little faith and prayer goes a much longer distance than medical advice most times.Have fun spoiling the little one kiddo.
May God bless you and your family. Thank you for the kind words.
good news

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sir Lancelot wrote:
Heartfelt congratulations on the good news.My Lord is a great God indeed. Keep us posted as time passes. There is nothing to compare to the feeling of your little two year old granddaughter hugging you tightly when she awakes from her nap or when she calls you PaPa. Hope you get to spend a lot of time with yours as it will give you a new lease on life.
Yes indeed, God is good. So far, things seem like it will be a problem free pregnancy. God willing. Thank you for the kind words and heres hoping God blesses you and your family. Will post from time to time on the future of my new grandbaby and my daughter. Thanks again for the kind words. You don't read kindness that often here in the forum:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 509
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valley Station Discussions

Search the Valley Station Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrea McAllister (Jun '12) 4 min kickbutt 54
Free School Lunches 5 min Shepherdsville momma 21
Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes 13 min Robin 3
Wreck involving school bus on 61 at Belmont 18 min imposter 7
Republicans 40 min Fedup with Obama liberals 19
The Chit Chat Channel 48 min bob Dillon 57
Mitch McConnell 1 hr little church girl 25
•••
•••