Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,601 - 76,620 of 81,565 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Slippery elm has relieved my daughter's skin rashes. The powder can be purchased through different stores. See below:) Cannot guarantee that it would work for him. Hope he finds relief:)
It works I'll vouch for that. I have a sponge-bark (the right kind of slippery elm) in the backyard.
The powder, only the slippery elm powder now mind you, can be obtained from ground bark after about six to ten weeks of drying time during summer, in a dry shady place. I was always told it needed a just a little sun too during the drying process, to make it come into its full strength.
I have seen this powder mixed one half tablespoon steeped in hot water and taken twice a day put a persons IBS and Chrones into complete remission within a months time. Its been around six years now and the woman has had no further problems of that nature.
The stuff works wonders!
I'm glad you recommended it- I'll second that motion.
I swear I think it staves off cancer too.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Just hanging out at the house. Wasn't today beautiful???
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It works I'll vouch for that. I have a sponge-bark (the right kind of slippery elm) in the backyard.
The powder, only the slippery elm powder now mind you, can be obtained from ground bark after about six to ten weeks of drying time during summer, in a dry shady place. I was always told it needed a just a little sun too during the drying process, to make it come into its full strength.
I have seen this powder mixed one half tablespoon steeped in hot water and taken twice a day put a persons IBS and Chrones into complete remission within a months time. Its been around six years now and the woman has had no further problems of that nature.
The stuff works wonders!
I'm glad you recommended it- I'll second that motion.
I swear I think it staves off cancer too.
Imposter, hehehe, I have a bag of dried bark here. Sure wish I could send it to Anne. She shouldn't have trouble getting some though. Thanks, glad to hear that event;)
Bless you, hope your ticker is on the mend...
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Imposter, hehehe, I have a bag of dried bark here. Sure wish I could send it to Anne. She shouldn't have trouble getting some though. Thanks, glad to hear that event;)
Bless you, hope your ticker is on the mend...
Misty, thanks for the thought anyway! I think my real problem is tree identification. I seem to have a mental block going on... Lol maybe the next chapter of my life will include things of this nature..

Have a wonderful night and sweet dreams to all of you!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Since this a "birds" thread, how's the hummingbird population around there. Got several privates here and the Red Barron keeps bombarding the poor, hungry little guys! We keep four feeders out in the yard, enough for all, but they just gotta zoom down on one another. Comical to watch, tho.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
Since this a "birds" thread, how's the hummingbird population around there. Got several privates here and the Red Barron keeps bombarding the poor, hungry little guys! We keep four feeders out in the yard, enough for all, but they just gotta zoom down on one another. Comical to watch, tho.
Visual image of Woodstock and snoopy going in to the tune of the Red Barron song-- time for bed

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
I've read time and again about UNA. He must have been really special. I am so sorry he is no longer with us.
He was one of those characters that you had to laugh at even if what he said you disagreed with. I played the role of his Nanny on her-- trying to make him behave and rewarding him with bedtime stories like "The three pigs and the perils of subsidized housing"
It was good times
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

A bad storm around here about midnight with lightning flashing cannons directly over head and big booms vibrating the ground. It seemed similar to some battle such as Pickett's charge or even a taste of D-day.

Smaller mortar rounds as walnuts fell off the tree and crashed onto my metal roof. Then followed by machine gun rain and the screeching of lawn furniture being blown off my deck.

Dog and I hovered in the bunker (in the dark with no electric) fully expecting that the tree would get revenge from all the times we went out to hike a leg on it. But here we are again. LOL Good coffee and I hear that my roosters survived also.(last sentence on topic but who cares? Not me. LOL)
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Someone is in a gently befuddleded state today, making it difficult to get through to them. Believe it or not, you may also be in a rather preoccupied mood now, and not nearly as on the eight ball as you might imagine. Never mind!
now get out there

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

now get out there and pick up the mess in the yard -
- you think any birds died during the storm?
now get out there

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

through all the rain and the pain ..........
you still got to try to smile

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

must of been some dream the moon was sure shining big and bright around these parts.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Out of Area wrote:
must of been some dream the moon was sure shining big and bright around these parts.
Moon shone bright here after the isolated severe storm and your ID tells it.. You are "out of area". LOL Good Day.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself,'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin..'- Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

****Big Stevie would like to say that he wholeheartedly agrees with Miss Lillian. She was the smartest one in that family, that's for sure!****
childhood

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

A home remedy I have used many times for poison-ivy is bleach water. It helps to dry it up and helps stop the itch. I will even put bleach it the tub and take a bath in it. Just don't make the water too hot. This makes it feel worse instead of better. You will have to do it several days to completely dry up but, it helps. Hope this helps someone.
Another hint... to stop the itch of mosquito bites, just wash with soap and water. Run a soapy rag over the area good and rinse. Stops it every time!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

childhood wrote:
A home remedy I have used many times for poison-ivy is bleach water. It helps to dry it up and helps stop the itch. I will even put bleach it the tub and take a bath in it. Just don't make the water too hot. This makes it feel worse instead of better. You will have to do it several days to completely dry up but, it helps. Hope this helps someone.
Another hint... to stop the itch of mosquito bites, just wash with soap and water. Run a soapy rag over the area good and rinse. Stops it every time!
I agree on the bleach. I have also used peroxide on bee and wasp stings.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Do you stand out in the highway just because the cars keep going by? LOL

Since: Jul 13

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Do you stand out in the highway just because the cars keep going by? LOL
How DARE you... be RIGHT. LOL! You're right. I'm out.

(First thread on Topix where someone just bows out gracefully. LOL)
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
He was one of those characters that you had to laugh at even if what he said you disagreed with. I played the role of his Nanny on her-- trying to make him behave and rewarding him with bedtime stories like "The three pigs and the perils of subsidized housing"
It was good times
:-(
:-)

Good memories
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Last night was very dark until that storm cloud moved on. Then, there was that glorious moon! We didn't get any storms though I did think we did when I saw all the leaf/branch debris on the road this morning! Turns out the county road crew was trimming up roadside trees and bushes! Heeheehee!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valley Station Discussions

Search the Valley Station Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) 2 hr Sebastian 54
Cherry st 10 hr mmmhmm 2
Joe Wantland attorney 11 hr I know 26
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 11 hr Latter Day Taints 20
Mitch McConnell 12 hr hovel 106
rapest in bullitt co 12 hr Finklesteeeen 10
The Chit Chat Channel 13 hr QueenOfTheBluegrass 77
•••
•••