Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,786

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86615 Feb 27, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Morinin' AB! I already got the garbage taken out, WooHoo!! It's not too hard if I take it slowly. One thing checked off of my list of things to do today! YAY!! Unfortunately, I now have an additional half sink full of dishes to wash, hehe! But the chickens are always REALLY happy of fridge cleaning day, LOL!!
I love those Godvine links. They're SO inspiring! As always, thanks for sharing them with us every day!!
While I was dragging the garbage down what feels like a 50 mile driveway, I noticed that my Daffodils are about 6 inches high now! And my dear little Hyacinths didn't get damaged from those frosts we had!! I was certain that they were toast!!
In about two weeks it might be safe for us to pull back the mulch from fall that protected all of our perennials, you think? So far, no snow here today, but that wind? Whew! It will cut right through you. I'm glad you don't have to go anywhere either today. Stay in and enjoy yourself!!
By the way, I love Kentucky too. SO glad I moved here instead of the other places I was thinking of!! Best place to retire, in my opinion!! Who ever said that retirees never move north are pure idiots!! ROFLMBO!!
Hi "Nope", I was out digging more boxes out of the shed to pack stuff for the shelters, etc..wish I had done this earlier. I have about 3 coats to unload some battered woman somewhere in one of these shelters would probably loved to have. It was a quick 2 trips in and out. Despite the nastiness out there...now just wind, chill, and gloomy overcast, the birds were still singing up a storm. I have stop that minute to thank our Creator for the gift to hear such a sound.

I love those Godvines, and that was probably the only real time I wanted to reach into the computer and slap that ole' fart for making fun of them. However, I knew he was viewing them (and secretly getting a happy moment) by the way he knew what they were. lol Sure miss that ole fart. Mostly the interaction between him and AW, they took us back and inspired us of our memories, whether we experienced them, our parents did, or grandparents. They were very interesting. I think he ended up liking this thread more than the rest, not that I know how many he posted. He didn't get those 36,000+ from 2009 staying on the Scottsville forum. lol

Like you I am watching my flowers and rose bushes for signs of new life. I can't wait to smell the earth again, digging and pruning etc...but most of all those beautiful flowers and scents to enjoy outdoors and in your house. Another thing I stop to show gratitude to the Creator. They brighten even the darkest moments. Can't wait.

I love Kentucky with a passion. Of course my Dad and ancester were from the mining towns in Eastern Ky but he was a military man his whole life and being overseas and other states in our great country it was always known we would settle back in the Bluegrass state. He retired at Fort Knox and most of the family live in the general area, even those who did their military time. Even when I flew the coop and moved a couple different times, I always came home. HOME is where the HEART is and for my family it is Kentucky. I am glad you and lala made it your home too. It is America's best kept secret. Let them all move to Florida. hahaha
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#86616 Feb 27, 2013
My internet has been coming and going since early this morning and I do not have any phone service at all. I have DSL through Windstream. Wonder if the dog messed on the line this morning? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86617 Feb 27, 2013
and the moved me out of Lexington, I don't even recall the trip.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86618 Feb 27, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the song of winter, I'm the falling snow
Can't you hear me calling you whenever the north wind blows
I'm the cool of evening, I'm the velvet sky
Can't you hear me calling you whenever the breeze passes by
Oh, can't you hear me calling, oh, can't you hear my love
Oh, can't you hear me calling you
For wherever you are, I am sending my love
I'm the misty rainbow, I'm a falling star
Can't you hear me calling you, my love is wherever you are
Oh, can't you hear me calling, oh, can't you hear my love
Oh, can't you hear me calling you
On the day you return, I'll be waiting, my love
I'm the song of winter, I'm the falling snow
I'm the cool of evening, I'm a velvet sky
I'm a falling star, I'm a misty rainbow.
Thank you so much. That is beautiful. Stop in anytime and share some love and good cheer. We need more like you. We have a few haters, but that is just because they are use to trolling hate, gloom and doom sites throughout topix. Sad huh? lol

Have a great day. Love your avatar.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86619 Feb 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
and the moved me out of Lexington, I don't even recall the trip.
And your back in record time...hahahaha..no problems here. You could see last night I was posting up a storm. haha
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86620 Feb 27, 2013
Dang that was fast, they put me back in Lexington after 2 minutes. I did not think they could even land a 747 in Nicholasville or especially down here in the boondocks. hahaha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86621 Feb 27, 2013
*You are..
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86622 Feb 27, 2013
Seen this story and had to read it. AW, I am sure you take any guns to town with dog do you? haha

Florida man shot by his dog, police say
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/26/17...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86623 Feb 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Seen this story and had to read it. AW, I am sure you take any guns to town with dog do you? haha
Oh my word! I really hate to "LOL" at that story, but I can't help it! ROFLMBO!! The way they worded it was priceless!!
"Lanier wasn't seriously injured, said Sebring Police Cmdr. Steve Carr, who actually said police didn't arrest the dog because the investigation was pending, the Tribune reported".

And the other lady that was "shot by her friends stove"? JUST KICK ME NOW!! Hehehehe! The worse I've ever done as far as an oven incident was melting the handles on a pot that I'd forgotten was stored in there when I turned it on to preheat. Man oh man...

Bwwaaaahahahahahaha!

(Boy, is it ever good to feel halfway back to normal again! My appetite came back yesterday and now I'm laughing again too?? Everyone's prayers are surely working! Thanks from the bottom of my heart, guys! Literally, from the bottom of my 'ticker', thank you)!!

#86624 Feb 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My internet has been coming and going since early this morning and I do not have any phone service at all. I have DSL through Windstream. Wonder if the dog messed on the line this morning? LOL
I had some pretty strong winds over this way yesterday afternoon and evening, AW. Could you have a loose wire over your way maybe? It really was whipping things around outside on my property. And if I'm not mistaken, you're a bit northeast of me, right? It was all heading east from what the radar was showing. Hope it gets fixed, whatever is causing it!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86626 Feb 27, 2013
Just watching the birds again. Sounds like we will get some snow today. Hope the birds are ready.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86627 Feb 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
hahaha! what he gets for not being a responsible gun owner. i have those kind of gun toting distant relatives that no one claims that habitually shoot them selves in their own foot every once in a while.
really burns me up the stupid few have to make a spectacle of themselves at a time when responsible gun owners really need to make an good examples of them selves. i like the whole no charges have been filed against the dog but i hope the idiot who didnt even know what kind of gun he had on him gets a nice big fine and some community service. people are ridiculous. same thing with pit bull owners, the ridiculous few have to go and ruin it all for the responsible majority......same for shop lifting, tax evaders, and litterbugs.:) end soap box.
i forgot to look for the holes on my way in this morning but i did come that way on the way back this afternoon.... but i didnt see them.... i dont know if i knew where i was looking..... maybe if i could get blueminer to give me some more details. i was pretty sure she said west but was traveling south bound which would be east if her west where to her left or did she mean west as in california, cause that would be right while going south bound, which would make it the opposite if i were coming back home north bound. idk before or after the "hell is real" sign... which i think says something different now....... before of after the s curves of death..... cornfused.
hope every one else having a good night.
a.w. your get best best gas mileage in the country right now ...lol
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86628 Feb 27, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had some pretty strong winds over this way yesterday afternoon and evening, AW. Could you have a loose wire over your way maybe? It really was whipping things around outside on my property. And if I'm not mistaken, you're a bit northeast of me, right? It was all heading east from what the radar was showing. Hope it gets fixed, whatever is causing it!
i once paid wind stream like seventy dollars for a service call to my house because my Internet was going in and out..... they came out while hubby and i were both gone and did work on the lines and when we came back that evening we realized, that their way of fixing things was to tie a black hefty bag around a box on the pole and duct tape it real good, which did not fix the problem. i have Comcast now. their service is not very reliable either, but hen you ask whats wrong they just say "we dont know".... comforting honesty :)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86629 Feb 27, 2013
munchkins will no longer tolerate waiting patiantly for their snack. have a good afternoon

#86630 Feb 27, 2013
Well, my bird didn't fall, but it went missing.
(One of them did anyway). I heard another ruckus out there this afternoon. A lot of sudden cackling, clucking, squawking, wings flapping and screeching. So I grabbed my 20 gage, slipped on my steal toed rubber boots, and ran out the back door.

After an exhaustive search around the fenced property where they hang out every day, one featherhead was gone. Not a trace of her to be found. I was looking for my favorite hen in the flock. She's the one that was M.I.A.

I went back in the house and slipped my .38 into the pocket of my jacket to take along with the 20 gage, and then headed out into the woods.

By this time, I'm beat down like an old rug....

I walked almost everywhere back in there that I could get to without breaking my neck falling down in the mud and wet leaves. The only thing I could imagine was that a hawk or eagle had gotten her and flown over toward the river, because I found no trace of her whatsoever.

Eventually I just got pissed off, stopped looking, and shot my .38 and the 20 gage off for about half an hour. Heck, I was out there anyway, right? And I was mad, really mad. I figured that something airborne had to have carried her away and I'd never see her again. So I trudge home all dejected.

But what do I see when I get back? That Houdini of a featherhead, strutting her stuff like she'd never been gone. There she is standing on the back porch in all of her glory... I put the guns down and stood there just staring at her for a minute in disbelief..
Until I looked over by the shed..

She's apparently scratched just enough of a space underneath of the lattice work that she's the only one who fits under it so far. So she's found her way to a private egg laying/hiding place.. I see just under a dozen eggs back in there. So she's been doing this for a while now and I wasn't aware of it. She's always roosting right with the rest of the flock at night and she comes out of the coop every morning for breakfast. Whatever they all do during the daylight hours is just their "chicken stuff"....

Where she's been spending her days and what she put me through today would make for an excellent David Allen Coe song.... That shameless, feathered hussy.

Oh yeah: I just fixed that lattice work too. She'll not be getting under there again.

Just had a hot shower, put on clean P.Jammies, I'm brewing a nice cup of coffee, and then I'll spend time cleaning and reloading the .38 and 20 gage for 'the next time'.

Man, what a day. So much for planned chores, huh? And I tore a hole in the britches of my fave P.Jammies on a thorn bush while I was out in the woods looking for her too..

Darned featherhead..

#86631 Feb 27, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i once paid wind stream like seventy dollars for a service call to my house because my Internet was going in and out..... they came out while hubby and i were both gone and did work on the lines and when we came back that evening we realized, that their way of fixing things was to tie a black hefty bag around a box on the pole and duct tape it real good, which did not fix the problem. i have Comcast now. their service is not very reliable either, but hen you ask whats wrong they just say "we dont know".... comforting honesty :)
Betty, Wind Stream and I have been battling back and forth for almost 4 years over a bill that I DON'T OWE THEM. I had phone service with them for ONLY two weeks, and had canceled the order for internet and cable that after I went with a bundled package from another provider because Wind Stream told me they couldn't make it out here for another two weeks to install the cable and internet service...
(The other provider that gave me a better deal, made it out here the same day I called them)...

BUT GET THIS: Six month later, I get a bill in the mail for well over $600.00!! They say I owe them for 6 months of cable and internet! I never even HAD cable and internet with then! ROFLMBO!! I can PROVE that I never had it installed and they have NO signature of proof that an installer was ever at my house! I have proof in writing that I had another provider at that time for the services! So Wind Stream is about to get a court summons.... Fact.

Maybe I should take them a plastic garbage bag? HEHE!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86632 Feb 27, 2013
Well, some snow flurries, but nothing serious...the birds seem to be happy about that.

#86633 Feb 27, 2013
Nothing here yet, Roaming. Just some drizzle. But gosh is it getting cold!!
Samson

Winchester, KY

#86634 Feb 27, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text> but what about an extremist leader that would invite armagadden ?
who is the only country to have ever dropped a nuclear bomb on another country?...the United States
what country has the most nuclear weapons in the Middle East?...Israel
what country dictates the foreign policy of the United States?...Israel

so which country do you think is likely to initiate nuclear armageddon? Ever heard of the 'Samson Option'? Guess which country has threatened the entire world with this option? Now you know who the real extremists are.
Imposter

London, KY

#86635 Feb 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Imposter. I feel the same way you do, I think lala and AW miss him too. He was a hoot.
I hope you are doing well and not missing the little one too much. They really grow on you. Like you and Una..lol
Have a wonderful Wednesday!!! Hurry back.
I'm fine sweets, and I hope you're doing well. I do get to watch the little monster every now and again, but you're right, I do miss him and worry about him, cant help it.

You guy's take care of yourselves.
I wont be posting much for a while, took a part time job to help fight boredom and build up my retirement fund.
The old change jar is nearly empty.
So long for now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr (Sep '13) 1 hr The Truth 25
brad jones fern creek 1 hr lmmfao 27
someone stole my son 4wheel 2 hr s12sq 12
when is the shepherdsville walmart going to open? 2 hr JoeSchmo 13
Steven Lewis 3 hr thattrue 3
e-cigarrettes- are they safer than traditional? 3 hr spartan 1
just moved here, what can anyone tell me about ... 4 hr Tim 5

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at February 27 at 2:58PM EST

Valley Station Dating
Find my Match