Slow progress on the mayor's property irks Vally Park aldermen

Jul 26, 2008 Full story: North County Journal

While Valley Park is trying to crack down on property-code maintenance violations, some city officials are violators - according to some city officials.

Full Story
Elizabeth

AOL

#1 Aug 2, 2008
Everyone with an ounce of common sense KNOWS that Alderman Drake is just running his mouth. With his position as Alderman coming up for re-election this coming April, I personally believe that he thinks that the more he 'runs' his mouth, the more exposure he gets and will, in the end, win more votes? Prior to the new mayor being elected, he never said a word at the Board of Alderman's meetings. Now that there is a new Mayor 'on board', it appears that Mr. Drake is a whole lot disgruntled and is willing to do anything to destroy the town and the new Mayor. My thoughts are that he wouldn't do it if the previous Mayor wasn't behind 'stirring up trouble' and using Mr. Drake and Mr. White's mouths to do it! He has no real thoughts of his own, he has Mr. Whittaker manipulating him, forming his thoughts for him and telling him what to say and do. He is useless.

Mr. Whittaker, please GO AWAY and let the community progress rather than digress when you were in office. You are nothing more than an evil do-no-good person who will stop at nothing to destroy the current administration. You brought this community down financially when you had your sexual affair with your secretary which will cost the taxpayers in the end. And, Mr. Drake wanting to hire a special prosecutor for just 1 persons house violations and it just happens to be the Mayor, who has until 2009 to complete his repairs?? Is this how you want to spend tax payer money, MY TAX MONEY?? WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT ARE YOU ANYWAY when our money could be spent on beautifying the town, fixing the storm sewer problems, things that COULD benefit the citizens of our town? Is it because you live high on the hill and don't have those problems? I'll bet if you did, you'd want the money spent on fixing the problems that pertained to you. Since storm sewer problems dont effect you, you want to spend it on hiring a special prosecutor? Why don't you think of your neighbors on the other end of town instead of destroying the progress the new Mayor is trying and succeeding to make (succeeding when you KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT). Ohhhh, that's right, the citizens of Ward 1 scare you and you dont go any further than the city hall when traveling east of the railroad tracks! What a wimp. You're an alderman SUPPOSED to be working for the betterment of the ENTIRE TOWN, not working against us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 29 min rightoutofmymouth 1,062
Jefferson County, Mo Leash Law 1 hr Poor Dogs 5
Possible New Residents-- 7 hr Armed Moma 11
Fox C-6 BOE election (Jan '14) 10 hr PDot 11
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) 12 hr Carter Theatre 44
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) 18 hr 77warrior 1,505
Fox Audit 20 hr Eileen 20
Valley Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Valley Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 am PST

NBC Sports 9:08AM
Kendall Langford visiting the defensive tackle-less Lions today
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
Kendall Langford: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent DT
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 6:35 PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip