Mechanicville fights underage drinking

There are 7 comments on the Mar 27, 2008, Times Union story titled Mechanicville fights underage drinking. In it, Times Union reports that:

“Underage drinking here is a growing problem”

The city is cracking down on underage drinking by ticketing teens at house parties and trying to pass tougher alcohol laws. via Times Union

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Union.

Scott BBBBB

Schenectady, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2008
Hell the mickyville cops sell half the beer they get back to their underage friends.some of them drink with kids underage, smith is one of the worst half the cops in town are just ex juvies.
sit on central ave and watch a speed trap for awhile kids will race by their buddy in the cop car doing 50 and wave and the cop waves back and two minutes later the cop pulls over some one else for doing 38mph. I wonder what they do with all the drugs they take from the kids??????
bill

Schenectady, NY

#2 Mar 28, 2008
It's all who you know in mecanicville If you have friends in power you can get away with anything if not they throw the book at you. those kids probably didn't pay off the arresting cop
RockHard

Hobart, Australia

#3 Mar 30, 2008
Please! this is a joke,,, if someone is going to drink they are going to drink... cutting down on house parties means increase in parties in the middle of the woods and more dangerous places.... if you want to solve underage drinking then get rid of the drinking age and leave the kids alone...
BoBo

Schenectady, NY

#4 Apr 2, 2008
Yea yea yea BFD ,the 19 and 20 year olds get arrested, They get their names in the express, The cases get dismissed,time and time again. nobody really gets in trouble in mechanicville Amazing that the kids that got away are all friends or reletives of the cops HMMMMMMM
heyyy

Troy, NY

#5 Jun 30, 2008
heyyy, i like the Rockhard person :D
although i REALLYYY hate the girl
that got in trouble. maybe if she had
a mom that actually cared what she
does then she wouldnt always be in
trouble this way and she wouldnt be
the town slut!
gman1

Schenectady, NY

#6 Jun 20, 2010
Rediculious, mechanicville cops suck at there job. they prolly smoke and drink the kids alcohol or pot
Citizen X

Albany, NY

#7 Jun 21, 2010
Hey gman1
YOU SUCK!
You are the kind of person who trash talk Police Officer's until something happens to you! Then you want a Police Officer to drop everything to take care of your problem.
If you don't like the Police Officers in Mechanicville - move to Albany, Schenectady or Troy - your pick looser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study: Economic future is bright for the N.Y. C... Apr 16 Rich M 1
News Touting home-field retail edge (Dec '09) Apr 7 Marc S 8
mechanicville police department (Aug '12) Mar '15 Rediculous 29
News Cops: Mechanicville burglar's jump was in vain Mar '15 Affluent 1
News A hole in the heart (May '10) Aug '13 Bernard Continelli 14
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Valley Falls, NY (Aug '11) Aug '11 Patricia Hebert 2
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Mar '11 Get it right 7
More from around the web

Valley Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]