Next time, call the cops

Sep 30, 2009 Full story: Times Union 7

It had the look and feel of an image Americans associate with terror: a grainy photo, a young man, blindfolded and bound, a sheet of paper taped to his chest detailing his offense.

Full Story

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#1 Oct 1, 2009
I find it amazing when the media comes out to put the criminals story ahead of the victims. A football player is arrested for dog fighting and released after a few months and resumes his multi million dollar job, An actor or actress get their 5th or 6th DWI or get caught shop lifting. Politicians get caught breaking the law and what they all get a slap on the wrist and do a public service announcement that no one ever sees. And the children learn What? Nowadays there are few consequences when you break the law, all you need is a good lawyer,and money and you can get out of anything. No one seems to want to take responsibility for their own actions. this guy took responsibility, He was given a choice, call the police and get a criminal record, have an Old guy beat him up or a little public humiliation. And I'm willing to bet most of the kids that seen him will think twice before breaking the law. We should be more worried about stopping crime than hurting the criminals feelings.
The media should care more about victims than if the criminals are treated well but than that probably wouldn't be "NEWS". There are always people like you whining about criminals not getting their FAIR treatment, their free education, their free cable TV while in jail But what about the law abiding citizen that can't get that because the government spends to much money on criminals and they have to pay more taxes to give to them. I believe that pillory should be a alternate option for non-violent crime it would diffidently cut down on overcrowded jails
RickyT

Gansevoort, NY

#2 Oct 1, 2009
If the guy was arrested, How would he make restitution for that flag??? I'm sure he would not go too Iraq and get one that would have the same meaning as the one he destroyed. Der Beobachter is right I think the children learned a good lesson about Paying for your misdeeds and actions more so than they learn in school or in most homes today.
wow

United States

#3 Oct 23, 2009
interesting
watcher

New York, NY

#4 Oct 27, 2009
i'm watching you
WowYouAre MessedUp

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2009
watcher wrote:
i'm watching you
Hi Matt
watcher

Frederick, MD

#6 Oct 31, 2009
WowYouAre MessedUp wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Matt
try again
watcher

Frederick, MD

#7 Oct 31, 2009
btw as a patron of this vfw a few years back I applaud the actions of Mr. Normile, as well as the ass who did it. He took his punishment like a man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A hole in the heart (May '10) Aug '13 Bernard Continelli 14
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Valley Falls, NY (Aug '11) Aug '11 Patricia Hebert 2
Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Mar '11 Get it right 7
Mechanicville fights underage drinking (Mar '08) Jun '10 Citizen X 7
Which High School has the easiest girls (May '08) May '10 GirlOnGirl WhooHoo 8
Punk Pilloried for Burning Flag (Sep '09) Sep '09 Vindicator 4
Fire bug suspected in Rensselaer County (Aug '09) Aug '09 asdf 1
Valley Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Valley Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News