Mike

Dwight, KS

#1 Jul 2, 2012
I just read a quote from our state senator, and I've gotta vent:“I have always done what I thought best for the conservative cause,” he said in a news release.“It is clear to me that the best way to serve and the most effective way to serve that cause in 2012 is to continue serving the citizens of Kansas’ Senate District 1."

So this guy has the cajones to say to the public, I'm serving to advance my ideology, not serving to help Kansans. I'm a republican, but that just seems crazy. Maybe he's the best to choose from, but it'd sure be nice if we had somebody who wanted to help his community, not a cause.

Sorry, politics sucks, maybe I need to just accept none of these guys give a shit about the people who vote for them.
Ellis

Carbondale, KS

#2 Sep 27, 2012
I agree, it's completely unacceptable. Check this out: http://sabethaherald.com/2012/09/25/candidats...
maximus

Carbondale, KS

#3 Oct 1, 2012
So our senator can't debate without permission from mommy? vote him out. name one piece of legislation that he has initiated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartment scearching May '17 Curious 1
News Donna Hunt: Liberty Bell stopped in Denison in ... May '17 history 1
News Northeast Kansas happenings (Sep '16) Sep '16 Whiny1 1
Mayor of Valley Falls (Jan '16) Apr '16 Katniss friend 4
Mayor Charlie Stutesman was already featured on... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Katniss friend 1
A vote for Charles Stutesman is a vote for wome... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Katniss friend 3
Mayor of Valley Falls makes fun of dead children (Apr '16) Apr '16 Katniss friend 1

Valley Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valley Falls Mortgages