Virtual synagogue serves Jews online

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Rabbis Robert Barr and Laura Baum prepare a Torah for a Rosh Hashanah reading that will stream live on OurJewishCommunity.org. Lisa Sharp has always thought of herself as Jewish but never belonged to a synagogue.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2009
TheKotel

Austin, TX

#1 Sep 18, 2009
For an even more immersive Jewish experience, visit tweetyouprayers.info, where you can literally tweet your prayers and have them placed in the western wall without having to go to Israel.
Jason

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 18, 2009
They are finally catching up with the God-fearing Christians who can't be bothered spending an hour a week in church.
Jeremiah

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 18, 2009
What a wonderful gift to those homebound and unable to get to a temple.

Finally, we are seeing that it is a matter of the heart, and that the spirit rests within us and not a stone building.
Midwest Jewess

AOL

#5 Sep 19, 2009
I attended a reform Rosh Hashanah service online Friday night that I very much enjoyed and would recommend.
It came from Florida (Hollywood, Florida). I am over 1200 miles away from that synagogue, but was thrilled to be part of their congregation. Another friend in my town cyber-attended it while we were connected by phone and a third friend in Florida also cyber-attended it with us.
We liked the respectful rabbi and cantor and familiar traditional reform service.
Check out:
http://www.templebethelhollywood.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Cottage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Lol 16,781
verplank deli owner says f__k the U.S. (Dec '12) Aug 27 on looker 11
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 27 Vote Zornow 6,408
Locksmith Bay Ridge (Mar '11) Aug 25 Eugene Dean 4
Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Mar '08) Aug 21 did time with brie 53
Review: Nyack Computer (Apr '11) Aug 16 nyack knows 8
Astorino Announces IDA Support For $90 Million ... Aug 15 brian sten 1
•••

Valley Cottage News Video

•••
•••

Valley Cottage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Valley Cottage People Search