15 arrested in Playland melee over head scarves

Aug 31, 2011 Full story: LoHud 383

* Beshar Ali, male, 20, of Brooklyn, second-degree assault, a felony; resisting arrest, obstruction of governmental administration, and disorderly conduct.

Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Aug 31, 2011
Great muslim ideas. When someone says or does something you don't like, physically attack them! Park rangers were injured.

Those rides have safety restrictions. They would have gladly accepted the money for tickets, they weren't doing it to be mean.

Since: Jul 10

Mineola, NY

#2 Aug 31, 2011
Let them ride anyway, who cares if they choke. The organizers are idiots and swine herders for not thinking that this might be a problem from the beginning.
Paul WV

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Aug 31, 2011
CAIR will sue, wanting proof the scarves are a choking hazard or may derail the cars.
Muslim2Christian

Sayre, OK

#4 Aug 31, 2011
Who cares if they sue it was Safty policy, muslims think evrything is about them, but this is the Largest Christian Nation In the World!!! WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD, AND HIS NAME IS JESUS!!!!!!
Cherokee Chief

New York, NY

#5 Aug 31, 2011
Just posted the same subject. I guess all of us are outraged over the idiocies these people practice. It is not just they who could get hurt, not that this would bother them. I hope they throw the book at them.

“We are what we think!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Anger has no eyes!

#6 Aug 31, 2011
Seems they are retarded but this would be good way for these men to KILL their wives and collect $$$$$$ from playland.
Paul WV

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 Aug 31, 2011
Muslim2Christian wrote:
Who cares if they sue it was Safty policy, muslims think evrything is about them, but this is the Largest Christian Nation In the World!!! WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD, AND HIS NAME IS JESUS!!!!!!
They will sue, and the DOJ will back them, and they will all come out with a hefty settlement.
Paul WV

Elizabeth, NJ

#8 Aug 31, 2011
Does God want muslim women to go on the rides? Is it their duty as muslims to go on the rides or to obey civil law? If God wants them to wear the scarves and obey the law then they should take it that God does not want them on the rides; it would be a sign of their devotion to God and not worldly pleasure.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#9 Aug 31, 2011
12:58 pm, Wednesday, August 31, 2011:
RE: 15 arrested in Playland melee over head scarves
Muslim2Christian wrote:
..... Only those nations are under God, whose residents always do what God wants them to do, and who never do what God does NOT wants them to do.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Aug 31, 2011
Maybe words were exchanged.
muslims: persecution! They won't let us on the rides!
ride operators, not the cream of society: Get lost, r..hed.
I can see how this might escalate....
Safty Auditor

Sayre, OK

#11 Aug 31, 2011
Fact: You cant ride the ride if you have any type of head wear on, period... why are you loyalist to muslims so irrational about this. if you dont like it go to a islam nation, which this is not, Wear your head dress and get your head tore off because your a idiot, lol. Maybe youll come back as one of the 70 virgins to be raped, and molested, for all etrinity.....
It truly takes a brain washed person to believe this junk. I for one believe in womens rights, Like a right to life... that life superceeds tradition's yes even religious traditions.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Aug 31, 2011
last year a woman was beheaded in front of her children by her hijab while she was on a go kart.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Sep 1, 2011
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#14 Sep 1, 2011
Let their dumbazz's ride it then any way they want and whatever happens.....happens.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#15 Sep 1, 2011
This is a Christian nation. Not a muslim nation.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Sep 1, 2011
Pieces of the story keep popping up. At least 1 of the park rangers was female.

This could have been much worse. It was a Tues. a lot of the other park patrons were probably idle young men.

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#17 Sep 1, 2011
I was asked to remove my ticking vest. Who can I sue?
special eed

Kings Park, NY

#18 Sep 1, 2011
Dumb camel jockeys common sense doesn't prevail.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#19 Sep 1, 2011
Are amusemet parks islamic? Are there any amusement parks in islamic countries?
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#20 Sep 1, 2011
The pics of the women involved show them in the shawl type of loose flappy hijab, not tightly tied down. Common sense tells you that is not good for a lot of the rides.

6 flags allows tight hijabs. Some now asking was this intended to start a provocation? Organizers knew beforehand of the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Cottage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sept. 11: 9/11, Ray Rice and Andrew Cuomo 12 hr moishela 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 12 positronium 6,427
Hey al notso sharpton Sep 11 reality is a crutch 1
Who be takin care Sep 9 whatever 1
Preservationists: Help save historic estate of ... Sep 8 Ms Mack 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 8 positronium 6,387
•••

Valley Cottage News Video

•••
•••

Valley Cottage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Valley Cottage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE