Sewage backs up in ND town

Sewage backs up in ND town

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 17, 2009, titled Sewage backs up in ND town. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Valley City's mayor restricted water use today after businesses in the flooded city began filling with sewage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mark Wagner

Hastings, MN

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Eh, North Dakota is full of crap anyways.
Build in the poop

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 17, 2009
When you build in the river you will get flooded.

Why is there a dam there? Get rid of it.
Why subsidize these welfare ripoff artists when they build
in a flood plain.
VCSU Student MN Resident

United States

#3 Apr 17, 2009
This is the first time that Valley City has flooded this bad in over 500 years. 500 years! That isn't a every 10 year bull that Fargo and Grand Forks go through. Fargo is a freakin dried up lake. Our town has been sand bagging and preparing non-stop for over a month now. The truckers have been hauling clay around the clock for over a month now as well. We even had buses going to Fargo to help out with sandbagging ontop of our own sandbagging. Yes it is along a river. However I do not want everyone to think this is a yearly thing. Most of the people in Valley City did/do not even have flood insurance because it has never happened before. Luckily there was enough warning that people could change there insurance plans before any damage had happened. Look at a map of Valley City once, check out how much of the river goes through the town. We are known as the "City of Bridges." All but one of them is closed right now. I believe the normal level of the river is about 12 feet. Flood stage is 15 feet. The first crest was 17 feet. Right now the 2nd crest is at 22 feet. It is expected to hold for 2 full weeks before it goes down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Nidoe 25
News Carl Casale, president and CEO of CHS Inc. Jan '15 carl 1
Valley City Music Thread (Oct '13) Jan '15 Musikologist 7
News Wall disagrees with high risk status (Mar '07) Aug '14 Anynomous 5
Coming up to Valley City. (Jan '14) Jan '14 MCD Registry 1
News Travel Alert for Area (Jan '14) Jan '14 MCD Registry 2
Review: Hi-Line Wholesale Supply LLC (Dec '13) Dec '13 Trucker Man 2
More from around the web

Valley City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]