John Deere to add workers at Valley City

John Deere to add workers at Valley City

There are 5 comments on the KXMA-TV Dickinson story from Oct 29, 2008, titled John Deere to add workers at Valley City. In it, KXMA-TV Dickinson reports that:

VALLEY CITY, N.D. A John Deere Seeding Grou0 official says the company may double the number of jobs a4 its Valley City plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMA-TV Dickinson.

Oldie

West Hartford, CT

#1 Oct 31, 2008
Working condition at John Deere are horrible. Dirty, with no heat in the winter and no A/C in the summer. I pity anyone who works there.
MarionOhio

AOL

#2 Nov 7, 2008
Working condition at John Deere are horrible. Dirty, with no heat in the winter and no A/C in the summer. I pity anyone who works there. Oldie
Cleveland, OH

You must be out of your mind. I have visited several manufacturing facilities. None compare to John Deere. The facility in Valley City is fairly new, and state of the art. The work is comparable to "light industrial." The wages are excellent. You should pity the unemployed workers in Ohio.
Oldie

West Hartford, CT

#3 Dec 18, 2008
The heating system is so poor that in the winter people working inside have to wear coats, hats and gloves. You could see your breath inside. It has no A/C at all, temps in the summer get above 100 deg. inside. If freezing in the winter or roasting in the summer inside is your idea of "state of the art", you are the one that's out of your mind.
Luther Heggs

AOL

#4 Dec 19, 2008
hay oldee........u seem a bit lazy. ill bet john deere had a big party after they got rid of u.
golddigger

Kenyon, MN

#5 Apr 19, 2009
I work for a company in Minnesota that now builds all the frames that JD uses for their seeder carts. They outsourced them to us last summer. Our welders here make around $30-35K not counting overtime. I have been in the plant at Valley City. It is top notch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Valley City Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov '16 Musikologist 10
Searching (Dec '06) Nov '16 aveselka 13
ATV riding (Nov '15) Nov '15 mwilley8 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Nidoe 25
News Carl Casale, president and CEO of CHS Inc. (Jan '15) Jan '15 carl 1
News Wall disagrees with high risk status (Mar '07) Aug '14 Anynomous 5
Coming up to Valley City. (Jan '14) Jan '14 MCD Registry 1

Valley City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valley City Mortgages