Former Ala. superintendent of the yea...

Former Ala. superintendent of the year leaves Phenix City job

There are 6 comments on the The Montgomery Advertiser story from Nov 28, 2013, titled Former Ala. superintendent of the year leaves Phenix City job. In it, The Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

The school system announced that DiChiara is no longer with the system following a school board meeting Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Montgomery Advertiser.

emw12

Phenix City, AL

#1 Nov 28, 2013
Looks like the Phenix City school board has been taking lessons from Columbus. Don't tell the tax payers why they are wasting money ---- just do it.
emw12

Phenix City, AL

#2 Dec 10, 2013
Do the tax payers of Phenix City not care how much tax money the school board throws away. The board members are so arrogant they won't even offer any explanations to the tax payers as to why they are throwing away over three quarters of a million of the tax payers dollars. More than that really since the tax payers will have to pay a new superintendent when they already had the superintendent of the year and were very satisfied with the job he was doing. I think some of those old hens on the board need to be put out to nest somewhere else.
emw12

Phenix City, AL

#3 Dec 21, 2013
"Four months before the seven-member board unanimously voted in a called meeting to buy out DiChiara's contract, he had written a document alleging "violations of the Alabama Governance Act perpetuated by certain members of my current board."

It appears that Superintendent DiChiara had the goods on certain members of the school board violating the Alabama Governance Act. What did the school board do? They decided to waste close to a million dollars (or more) of the taxpayer's money to Cover Their A__. And they sre arrogant enough that they will not even explain their wasteful actions to the tax payers. The people of Phenix City had better wake up before it's to late. Hopefully it will go to court and the people will get the whole truth of why the board is wasting this tax money.
emw12

Phenix City, AL

#4 Dec 31, 2013
"Phenix City board investigating outgoing superintendent for 'wrongdoing'"

Now the Phenix City School Board is trying to come up with some reason for their STUPID decision for firing the best superintendent Phenix City ever had. It's not the superintendent that needs firring --- it's the School Board. Phenix City needs an elected School Board. Mayor where are you? As an ex-member of the School Board could it be that you are bias? Larry DiChiara (and I don't know him personally) has demonstrated over the past nine and a half years that he has more common sense, more administrative ability, then the entire Phenix City School Board put together, and that included you, Mr. Mayor.
JAL - PC Tax Payer

Phenix City, AL

#5 Dec 31, 2013
It seems like we need to work on some legislation so we have an elected school board. This way we can hold those members accountable. Having an appointed board by the city council does not seem to be working for us anymore. No recourse for the taxpayer. The only winner here now is Larry DiChiara. Not that I'm blaming Mr. DiChiara. I blame the school board.
emw12

Phenix City, AL

#6 Jan 1, 2014
JAL - PC Tax Payer wrote:
It seems like we need to work on some legislation so we have an elected school board. This way we can hold those members accountable. Having an appointed board by the city council does not seem to be working for us anymore. No recourse for the taxpayer. The only winner here now is Larry DiChiara. Not that I'm blaming Mr. DiChiara. I blame the school board.
I agree with you 100 %. Phenix City needs an elected School Board. Just because some of the spineless females and ball-less males on this board got their feelings hurt because Dr, DiChiara caught some of them breaking state law is no reason for them to throw away over three quarters of a million dollars (maybe more) of the tax payers money. They certainly do not have the best interest of the children or he school system at heart. They wrongly fired the best superintendent Phenix City has ever had and now they are trying to cover their a$$ by saying they are investigating his actions. I though you investigated FIRST and took action SECOND. Not this board..They fire someone and then they try to come up with a reason why. The whole board needs to go for the sake of the school system and the children. The mayor and city council need to stand up and do what needs to be done and do it quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GA doctor indicted in AL for unlawful prescript... Jul 19 Boisclair 3
News Field set for Phenix City municipal races Jul 19 Albert Johnson. 1
News The Taco Bell location at 2059 Hwy. 280 in Phen... Jul 18 Yomama 5
free food!! Jul 17 Misty White 1
Local Gossip (Oct '13) Jul 17 Misty White 4
News Handcuffed man escapes from Lee County deputya ... Jul 17 Dell Gamble 1
News Heckler & Koch to supply .40-caliber pistols fo... Jul 15 Sharpton 1

Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance