30-year-old man found guilty of burglary, attempted rape

Jun 21, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Opelika-Auburn News

A Lee County jury returned a guilty verdict Thursday afternoon, convicting Antonio Nixon, 30, of first-degree burglary and attempted rape.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fan

Atmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

ok
Fan

Atmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

ok!
sam williams

Pike Road, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

antiona nixon grew up as my neighbor.He grew up as a very kid from a very good family.I NEVER NEW HIM TO BE IN ANY KIND OF TROUBLE.We would often talk and laugh about things.to me some body made a big mistake,cause i could never believe antiona my neighbor my best friend son my claccmate son would think of doing some thing like this.Some body made a big mistake. Thank U Sam williams.
New Jersey

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

I have known Antonio Nixon since infancy. I don't believe he tried to rape anybody or beat up a woman. I believe this woman gave a description of a man that fits Antonio description and the police was happy with that, while the real perpetrator is free. Too many men are in jail for looking like someone else because the police did not do enough investigative work. I hope this woman can sleep at night with what she has done to Antonio.
A Close Friend

Rainbow City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

This is a total shock!!! I do not believe that Antonio Nixon committed this crime. This has to be a case of mistaken identity. I went to school with this man. He is a very loving & devoted husband, father, & friend who loves his family dearly. I pray for him & his family because I can only imagine the HELL they must be going through. I pray for the victim because I know this must have been a horrible ordeal for her, but i do believe that the man that committed this act was NOT Antonio Nixon. What a sad situation for everyone involved, I only hope that the real criminal is soon identified.
Home Town Girl

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Antonio is a class mate whom I've known from at least 3rd grade until graduation and I was shocked to hear this. I'm not commenting on if he is guilty or not but my sympathy goes out to his family, friends and the family and friends of the victim. This has to be a horrible time for all parties involved but I truly hope he doesn't do time for this crime if he didn't do it. Even 1 person being in jail for a crime he or she didn't commit is too many!
JAZELLE

Union City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT ANTONIO DIDN'T DO. WHY WOULD A MAN WAIT UNTIL HE GETS FULLY ESTABLISHED IN LIFE,(FAMILY & FINANCIALLY), RISK EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WIFE, DAUGHTER, AND SON ON THE WAY. I DON'T SEE HOW MRS. & MR. DAVIS CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. SHE KNOW'S WHO DID THIS TO HER AND THAT PERSON IS VERY CLOSE!!!! WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK WILL COME TO LIGHT. I JUST HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE TOO LONG BECAUSE ANTONIO NEEDS TO COME HOME ASAP!!!!!!!!!!1
not right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

Judged:

It sure is strange how so many people from so many different states know this man.
Henry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Judged:

I was not there, but one thing i can say that I have known him all of his life, and I can't beleive that he would are have the heart to do something like this. From reading all of the comments and searching for information on this. I can say that something just does'nt seems right. All I can say is that justice will prevail in the end. He is a great person and father and husband to his family.Gods has the last say so in this.
Phil

Auburn, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

Good, another criminal off the streets.
A fellow soldier

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

I was stationed with Antonio Nixon @ Fort Benninng, GA. He was one of our best soldiers. A really nice guy with true morals and values. He was young when he joined the Army and he didn't follow the bad crowd. He always wanted to do the right thing. He often spoke of his family and friends. Antonio was one of the soldiers that we could count on. I pray for him and his family every night. This had to be a case of mistaken identity. Anyone who has ever encountered Antonio, knows that he is a good guy and has a good heart. Hang in there Antonio and be strong. GOD knows the truth and the truth will prevail.
A fellow Soldier

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Antonio was a Soldier of mine while station at Ft. Benning. There is no way in Hell he would have done this. Clearly there was no need! Like the previous posts stated, hopefully, the victim will find it in her heart to come forward and tell the truth. My prayers are with Antonio and the victim.
Brandon

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

ok
Brandon

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

I have posted 2 comments in reference Mr. Nixon's conviction and neither comment posted. Is there a character limit? Please advise.
Donna

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

I do not know all the specifics of the case but when i heard that the crime was violent and aggressive. I didn't believe it for a second...NO WAY that Antonio would do something like this..He comes from a family rooted in the church and I too have never known him to get into any TROUBLE..a mild and mannered man with beautiful eyes. I feel for Antonio and his family..I'm sure they are wondering why would such a thing happen..I just pray and hope that there will be revealing of the truth and that he can recover from this unjust conviction!

Since: Jul 10

Any town USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

JAZELLE wrote:
I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT ANTONIO DIDN'T DO. WHY WOULD A MAN WAIT UNTIL HE GETS FULLY ESTABLISHED IN LIFE,(FAMILY & FINANCIALLY), RISK EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WIFE, DAUGHTER, AND SON ON THE WAY. I DON'T SEE HOW MRS. & MR. DAVIS CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. SHE KNOW'S WHO DID THIS TO HER AND THAT PERSON IS VERY CLOSE!!!! WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK WILL COME TO LIGHT. I JUST HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE TOO LONG BECAUSE ANTONIO NEEDS TO COME HOME ASAP!!!!!!!!!!1
Crack? Greed? Bill collectors getting to be too much? Those could be some of the reasons why a person commits a crime such as this. I do not know the man nor anything about the crime, but have you ever heard anyone say anything bad about a criminal? No, they all say this can't be the one who did it. He/she was such a great person.

If he didn't do the crime, then I hope he gets out and is able to get his life back, maybe even a settlement! but if he is the one, and it looks to be since he was convicted by a jury of his peers, then, he needs to be off the streets and serve the time!
62 fox

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

There is no way Nixon done this, we ate from the same plates and drank from the same cup in the army in the same platoon is room right next to mine we talked from many nights about love,life,and what we planned to do when we got out of the army. I remember when he first met his wife and how much he loved her,I have pretty good charactor judgement because I'm always watching, listening and analysing everyone I speak to and the two of us spoke on duty and off duty I even know some of his secrets, This is so not his doing.
KESO

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

not right wrote:
It sure is strange how so many people from so many different states know this man.
What do you mean strange? Once you finish high school you move right? College right? People from different states go to college and live different places. Oh ok. Ignorant state ment. I'm from Alabama and know ppl on a personal level who live in Cali, Chi-Town, Florida, NY, Virginia, etc..... guess it's strange that I know ppl from other states as well.. Sorry, for going to a University where ppl from other states went as well!
KESO

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

I can't believe this happened. I wouldn't think that Antonio would do something like this at all. By any chance was the woman Caucasion or African American? Just asking. I'm not saying that if he did it, it was right. Totally wrong if he did do it, BUT 31 years when people do worse things like murder and are out in 5-10 yrs?? Hmm..... seems fishy to me plus the area he was in hurts the case as well.. Maybe it's just me, but race could have possibly played an issue in it... May God be with both families..
meek mill

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

yes, she was caucasion. i guess alot of you forget people do change over time. dude was cheating on his wife. period point blank.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valley Discussions

Search the Valley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Court: Phenix City parents caused brain, spinal... 11 hr Bethany 1
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sun Give me a break 203
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
More details: Ft. Mitchell mother, daycare work... (May '13) Jul 20 mom 4
Review: Premier Obgyn Jul 20 amber 4
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Jul 10 Will Dockery 228
Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light Jul 10 Carlos 2
•••
•••
•••
Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Valley Jobs