of 2
Next Last
Shawn

Phenix City, AL

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Shawn

Phenix City, AL

#2 Jul 10, 2012
Please help us apply pressure to the City Council by signing above petition. We demand improvement in services,competition in the Phenix City and East Alabama area. Customers are over paying for services that are comparable to a decade ago.
SGT Jones

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2012
Recently moved here from Fort Bliss, TX and bought a house in Fort Mitchell. The way east alabama has a lock on cale is ridiculous, I can't get any other internet service in my neighborhood and east alabama cable makes you get their cable if you want the internet, but there cable is not up to par. What can be done about this, we have Soldiers that are moving here spending good many and are getting a bad product here in eastern alabama.
Shawn

Phenix City, AL

#4 Jul 10, 2012
I totally agree Sgt Jones, I myself am a SSG in Us Army just moved down from Fort Drum. Time Warner up there gave me 30mbps down and 2 mbps up for less than the 60 bucks for internet that East Alabama charges me and did not require me to have there cable TV service. I will hit this 75gb data cap in 2 weeks i bet, I purchase all my pc games from online services like steam and orgin and stream from Hulu, Netflix and Amazon prime, because the channels and picture quality are better. I am paying for those subscription. With those services I can pick and choose what I want to watch reason i dropped time warners cable tv package and stuck with just there internet package which was a killer deal even for there fastest teir package.

East Alabama cable how can you justify charging us 60 bucks for your top tier internet package for just 6mbps down and 768 upload with a insanely low bandwith cap of 75gb. You are making a killer profit here I can tell you. Your service is on par with 2002 standards. I had these speeds with no data cap back in 2002 in Omaha, Ne with Cox communications. The people in the area need to stand up for change. It seems too many are either unware this service sucks or do not wish to do anything about it. I for one will be attending city council meetings pushing the issue. I may even consider legal action due to the fact they told me I could monitor my bandwith useage on under my account settings login. Well it says usage unavailible.How can you put a cap on my service without the customer being able to easily monitor how much traffic and bandwidth they are using, there has to be something illegal about that. The Better Business Bureau barely rates East Alabama cable a B. I don't even think they deserve a C rating. Spread the word and lets do something about this.
Roger Sherman

Concord, GA

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Shawn wrote:
Please help us apply pressure to the City Council by signing above petition. We demand improvement in services,competition in the Phenix City and East Alabama area. Customers are over paying for services that are comparable to a decade ago.
Charter Communications is currently installing their own lines (they're allowed by the FCC to use existing lines, but said those were insufficient for there future customers). When they will be in the Ft Mitchell area is unknown. I've lived here fo 60 years, and you are correct about the monopoly on the cable. There is also one on the newspaper (Citizen). Both are owned by the same man, Roy Greene. He has control over too many people, and has always gotten what he wants. He has made sure, until now, that no other newspaper or cable company could open up in town. City Council is in LOVE with Mr Greene, so until we replace them (which will happen in August), a million signatures wouldn't make a difference. The Council even made reference to Mr Greene at it's July 3rd meeting, thanking him for always being there and doing anything the city asks of him.
Shawn

Phenix City, AL

#6 Jul 12, 2012
I have had there cable tv service for only 1 week, I have already hit 40gb of bandwith. All I have done is play xbox360 with my son and streamed some tv shows and downloaded a game or 2. I do not consider myself a power user. This is 2012 most media content is digital these days. Who has a cd collection of music or dvds anymore sitting next to there entertainment center. At this rate I will use 160 gb of data and at $1.50 for every gb over I will be paying a additon 127 bucks in charges putting my cable and internet bill at 250 dollars. How can Mr Greene and his company think this is not highway robbery. There cable tv is horrible this is 1980's quality. I watched Robin hood on a standard channel and it was so pixilated I was going to throw up.The HD channels look okay but there is major lack of them. My 7 year old could build a better channel browser and webpage I may add. This guy has gone so cheap. Oh I bought a house here to find out after I bought it Mr Greene was the owner after the fact. We had a inspection and it was appraised for price we paid, but he could not even put money to put in a new privacy fence. The fence is falling down and has no gate, but he fixed the pool which is brand new. I talked to the men that he contracted to fix the house and he gave them a bare bones budget to flip the house for sale. I can tell this man is poison for the community. These services are not even up to 2002 standards. I will be sitting in on every city council meeting fighting the fight until there is improvement or competition brought in. I have been dis-satisfied with many companies, but this CTEVA by far takes the cake.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#7 Aug 7, 2012
Roger Sherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Charter Communications is currently installing their own lines (they're allowed by the FCC to use existing lines, but said those were insufficient for there future customers). When they will be in the Ft Mitchell area is unknown. I've lived here fo 60 years, and you are correct about the monopoly on the cable. There is also one on the newspaper (Citizen). Both are owned by the same man, Roy Greene. He has control over too many people, and has always gotten what he wants. He has made sure, until now, that no other newspaper or cable company could open up in town. City Council is in LOVE with Mr Greene, so until we replace them (which will happen in August), a million signatures wouldn't make a difference. The Council even made reference to Mr Greene at it's July 3rd meeting, thanking him for always being there and doing anything the city asks of him.
Wow... Charter is going to give it a shot in Phenix City?
Down with CTVEA

Phenix City, AL

#8 Aug 8, 2012
Hurry Charter! People will be banging down the doors to,give you their money!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#9 Aug 12, 2012
Down with CTVEA wrote:
Hurry Charter! People will be banging down the doors to,give you their money!
Some competition is a good thing for everyone... of course others have tried in the past and Phenix City Cable has always come out on top.
Brandi

United States

#10 Aug 12, 2012
I think I signed it. We need to make a protest on Phenix City Court House Steps! Text me if you want to try to get one started., thanks, Brandi
Shawn wrote:
quincey

Salem, AL

#12 Aug 21, 2012
i have been a ctvea member for a few years and there the sorryest cable co. on the face of the earth ..sorry just plain riping people off and city keeps renewing there contract with the sorry ass bunch...the FCC shoulda gotem years ago from the leaking RF into the air .... our internet is always powering off and they never fix it .....phenix city is just closes there eyes ...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#13 Aug 31, 2012
Shawn wrote:
So, how is this coming along, Shawn? I haven't seen you post here in a while.

Maybe with a new Mayor for Phenix City some changes will come along?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Rolly

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 6, 2012
I too am curious about the legality of what ctvea is doing. Just how far is Roy greens family tied into everything...
Basic cable has raised up to $67 a month. Absurd and a ripoff I'm canceling ASAP.
Martha S

Phenix City, AL

#15 Dec 6, 2012
It hasn't come very far. We are hoping to present something to the new mayor and city council. If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed let Shawn know. I am his wife and we are tired of being ripped off month after month.
Rolly

Ellenwood, GA

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Martha I see that the petition had 9 signatures. The main problem is, I as well as many others had no idea there was even a petition going on. Got to spread the word somehow. Facebook, myspace etc
Why is ctvea so scared of competition?
Martha S

Phenix City, AL

#17 Dec 15, 2012
Rolly wrote:
Martha I see that the petition had 9 signatures. The main problem is, I as well as many others had no idea there was even a petition going on. Got to spread the word somehow. Facebook, myspace etc
Why is ctvea so scared of competition?
The problem is they can not keep up with other companies in regards to speed and services offered. So allowing competition in would drive them under.
Adam

Phenix City, AL

#18 Dec 15, 2012
EFF YOU ROY GREENE! and your garbage ass cable company.....every time it goes out I'm calling your repair line and writing ANOTHER BBB complaint.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#19 Dec 16, 2012
Rolly wrote:
I too am curious about the legality of what ctvea is doing. Just how far is Roy greens family tied into everything...
Basic cable has raised up to $67 a month. Absurd and a ripoff I'm canceling ASAP.
What could be illegal about it?
ferterbrans

Phenix City, AL

#20 Dec 19, 2012
The company was sold to knology 2 years ago. So knology ain't the answer. Ctvea was better 2 years ago. Ha ha ha.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#21 Dec 19, 2012
ferterbrans wrote:
The company was sold to knology 2 years ago. So knology ain't the answer. Ctvea was better 2 years ago. Ha ha ha.
Wow... this is a pretty well kept secret, if true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light Sep 18 Stone 4
Review: Premier Obgyn (Feb '14) Sep 17 brittany 5
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep 17 Annonymous 85
P.C. Utilities / Water Meters Sep 17 DadGum 1
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Centrist 242
Candace Dingler Sep 16 Dolores 1
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Sep 11 grumpy 231
•••
•••
•••

Valley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••