Kia Plant Facts

Full story: The Macon Telegraph

The facility will contain two assembly lines. The types of vehicles to be assembled in Georgia has not been announced.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
edward

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2006

where do i apply for ajob
chris outlaw

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2006

where do i apply?
Trouper98

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2006

When the GA Dept of Labor has all the job qualifications from KIA, they will be handling all the hiring.
phillip m halsey

Roanoke, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2006

i would like to go to work on building this plant. i worked in montgomery building the hyunda plant.
Bill

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2006

Jobs that pay $50,000 for a high school education or equivalent are GROSSLY OVERPAID. It's a "slap in the face" to all the dedicated students that studied hard, did well on their SAT's to get into college. Don't waste your time and money on a college education!!
Just Me

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2006

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Jobs that pay $50,000 for a high school education or equivalent are GROSSLY OVERPAID. It's a "slap in the face" to all the dedicated students that studied hard, did well on their SAT's to get into college. Don't waste your time and money on a college education!!
College graduates are GROSSLY OVERRATED. 50% can't name the first President of The United States. and 40% are unable to solve simple math problems. These jobs are about performance and dedication. successful employees should be compensated for there work regardless of there education.
I'll give you an example. The Plant Manager and the janitor both take a sick day at work...who do you miss?
Lurker

Valley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2006

Bill wrote:
America's workforce needs both the highly educated worker and the highly skilled worker. I'm glad to see the jobs coming for skilled workers so that the many folks that do not have college education in this area might have a chance.
chris

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2006

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>

College graduates are GROSSLY OVERRATED. 50% can't name the first President of The United States. and 40% are unable to solve simple math problems. These jobs are about performance and dedication. successful employees should be compensated for there work regardless of there education.
I'll give you an example. The Plant Manager and the janitor both take a sick day at work...who do you miss?
AMEN
josh

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2006

where do we apply for a job
josh

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2006

when will kia start taking apps for jobs
Just Me

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2006

josh wrote:
when will kia start taking apps for jobs
I don't think anyone knows for sure. Keep checking with the Georgia Dapt of Labor
DebbieD

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2006

I heard last week that Kia is NOT going to build in the plant in LaGrange/West Point. I that truth or bad rumor?
Webb resident

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2006

Bill wrote:
Maybe you can sleep a little better.
Like all this KIA fiasco so far this has been mis-reported.
Here is the pay scales, as stated by a KIA official, on our local LaGrange T. V. station last week.
Starting pay -unskilled $14 to top of $21 an hr after a number of years
Skilled workers Starting $19 to top of $25 an hr
With 2,080 hours in a 40 hr week for a year that is $29,12o a yr and @$19 x 2080=$39,520
Assuming the ever open, and if so they operate like there sister plant in Montgomery[Hyundai], they will work 10 hr shifts,. Obviously that will provide overtime. Montgomery operates two 10 hour shifts daily.
Everything is still very much uncertain about the fate of the KIA/ West Point plant.A lot of the so- called experts think we will start to know something after the South Korean elections next Wed, the 31st
Webb resident

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2006

DebbieD wrote:
I heard last week that Kia is NOT going to build in the plant in LaGrange/West Point. I that truth or bad rumor?
Locals think we will have things clear up in early June, one way or the other. At this stage things are not looking good for the Chungs.
If their candidates win it could get brighter for them.
ellen

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2006

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the same "just me" that post on the other forum from Monrovia,Indiana?
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2006

ellen wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the same "just me" that post on the other forum from Monrovia,Indiana?
I am the same...I'm in West Point. I dont know why it does that. sometimes it shows Monrovia IN , Columbus GA , LaGrange, GA and West Point?
Grayhill club

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2006

Webb resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Locals think we will have things clear up in early June, one way or the other. At this stage things are not looking good for the Chungs.
If their candidates win it could get brighter for them.
Bad news for us. 15 of the 16 candidates who won wednesday were not the ones the big
companys were backing{ Samsung, Hyundai, Daewoo etc} Oh well it looking real bad for us.
Upset

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

I would propose legislature that says any foreign company wanting to build and take advantage of USA (State or Federal) tax dollars must put up a bond for the amount of the costs. If they fail to follow through on their commitment then the state receives the money by default to offset their losses.
What I see is a state that has bent over backwards to accommodate a company that can not even set a date as to when they will break ground. I was told that KIA pulled this same stunt in Brazil and walked away leaving them holding the bag. I have not been able to validate this accusation, but from what I am seeing, I have to believe that it is very possible.
Educated and Skilled

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2006

We are both; do you think we would be valuable assets to Kia??? We love Georgia! Smile.
concerned

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2006

It bothers me that the employees at West Point Stevens mills have know idea if they will have a job tomorrow.Some of the people working there have been there all their lives,and that's all they know.I know some plants have closed in surrounding areas but I have a relative who is worried sick,and trying to hang in there untill the end, and then move on.I hope this Kia plant will be A good opportunity to those who need jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valley Discussions

Search the Valley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Give Him a Brain 84
More details: Ft. Mitchell mother, daycare work... (May '13) Jul 20 mom 4
Review: Premier Obgyn Jul 20 amber 4
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 11 freedom 201
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Jul 10 Will Dockery 228
Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light Jul 10 Carlos 2
Sound Off for Saturday, July 5, 2014 Jul 5 SpaceBlues 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Valley Jobs

•••