Posted in the Vallejo Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Supervisor Kondylis, it's not your seat
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/letters/ci_2...

I am writing in response to a letter written by Supervisor Barbara Kondylis (Oct. 30) concerning the campaign for the Solano County Board of Supervisor District 1 race.

The tone of Kondylis' letter may be shocking to some, but it comes as no surprise to me. Yes, it appeared petty and below the office of a sitting supervisor. She sounded like a bully and somebody who deals in whispers, rumors, and insinuation.

I know both Kondylis and Vallejo City Councilmember Erin Hannigan as colleagues, as I serve on the Fairfield City Council. But my knowledge of both goes way beyond those relationships. I was a news reporter for years and covered the Solano County Board of Supervisors during Kondylis' tenure. As for Erin, I have known her for more than three decades and also work with her on regional issues relating to stewardship of Solano County's open space. She is a talented leader with a lot of energy and vision.

I have read Kondylis' letter several times. What sticks with me is her opening paragraph: "Why I am not supporting Erin Hannigan in her bid for my seat..." The important words are "my seat." Kondylis operates with a sense of entitlement. It seems she really believes that the 1st Supervisorial seat is "her seat." This is offensive. That seat -- and all elected positions -- belong to the citizens. Kondylis does not get to choose who takes "her seat" -- and that seems to bother her.

The rest of Kondylis' letter attacks Erin for a variety of perceived personal slights. Her attacks don't jibe with reality. Frankly, I don't believe that voters will decide one way or another based on Kondylis getting her feelings hurt then striking out with vanity.

Now let me tell you about Erin Hannigan. She is a leader who looks out for all citizens, works through problems in a sensible fashion, and has vision for a healthy government. She is honest, compassionate and works with everybody -- whether they support her or not. This is something that is important in an elected leader. True leaders don't hold grudges and pander to just one or two groups of folks.

As for Kondlyis' "seat," I urge voters to choose Erin Hannigan to fill it. She is a lifelong Solano County resident with tremendous knowledge of the issues facing Solano County's citizens. I work closely with Solano County leaders and it is important for the county's future to elect Erin Hannigan now.

Catherine Moy
Fairfield City Councilmember
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#2 Nov 3, 2012
a most excellent composition. "my seat", lol, babs was solidly behind miessner last june, why not just pull a seifert and stay neutral now? she really wanted gomes to run but miessner had to be run in at the last minute. so now it's "anybody buy erin", intintoli knows she is insincere but he will dance with the devil for this gig and pension spike. do not reward this man for this mess we live in! miessner or gomes can run against erin in 2016, but do not give tony intintoli this gift out of spite for erin. you can see what he has done to us!
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#3 Nov 3, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Supervisor Kondylis, it's not your seat
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/letters/ci_2...
I am writing in response to a letter written by Supervisor Barbara Kondylis (Oct. 30) concerning the campaign for the Solano County Board of Supervisor District 1 race.
The tone of Kondylis' letter may be shocking to some, but it comes as no surprise to me. Yes, it appeared petty and below the office of a sitting supervisor. She sounded like a bully and somebody who deals in whispers, rumors, and insinuation.
I know both Kondylis and Vallejo City Councilmember Erin Hannigan as colleagues, as I serve on the Fairfield City Council. But my knowledge of both goes way beyond those relationships. I was a news reporter for years and covered the Solano County Board of Supervisors during Kondylis' tenure. As for Erin, I have known her for more than three decades and also work with her on regional issues relating to stewardship of Solano County's open space. She is a talented leader with a lot of energy and vision.
I have read Kondylis' letter several times. What sticks with me is her opening paragraph: "Why I am not supporting Erin Hannigan in her bid for my seat..." The important words are "my seat." Kondylis operates with a sense of entitlement. It seems she really believes that the 1st Supervisorial seat is "her seat." This is offensive. That seat -- and all elected positions -- belong to the citizens. Kondylis does not get to choose who takes "her seat" -- and that seems to bother her.
The rest of Kondylis' letter attacks Erin for a variety of perceived personal slights. Her attacks don't jibe with reality. Frankly, I don't believe that voters will decide one way or another based on Kondylis getting her feelings hurt then striking out with vanity.
Now let me tell you about Erin Hannigan. She is a leader who looks out for all citizens, works through problems in a sensible fashion, and has vision for a healthy government. She is honest, compassionate and works with everybody -- whether they support her or not. This is something that is important in an elected leader. True leaders don't hold grudges and pander to just one or two groups of folks.
As for Kondlyis' "seat," I urge voters to choose Erin Hannigan to fill it. She is a lifelong Solano County resident with tremendous knowledge of the issues facing Solano County's citizens. I work closely with Solano County leaders and it is important for the county's future to elect Erin Hannigan now.
Catherine Moy
Fairfield City Councilmember
babs anointed gomes to succeed her, but when gomes flaked on running she cajoled the naive miessner to believe she could skip local commission and council service to gamble for "her seat". remember babs was solidly behind miessner, not intintoli last june. so now the "anybody but erin" mantra is evoked, even if it means giving a prize to the man that ruined her district along with the rest of vallejo. intintoli is not wanted by any of the existing board members, begging the question, why is that?
SilasBarnabe

Vallejo, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2012
Catherine: You must have been a really bad reporter which might explain why you are no longer in that profession. I attend City Council Meetings in Vallejo regularly and over the last five years observing Erin Hannigan I can say with certainty that Erin has demonstrated absolutly no leadership, often votes with no explanation of her rationale. Her canpaign literature is about as jandiced as your memory of Hannigan where she takes credit for accomplishments she had little or nothing to do with.

If your view of Hannigan is success, your bar is pretty low making you just another underserving politician that serves special interests as opposed to the taxpayers.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#5 Nov 3, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
Catherine: You must have been a really bad reporter which might explain why you are no longer in that profession. I attend City Council Meetings in Vallejo regularly and over the last five years observing Erin Hannigan I can say with certainty that Erin has demonstrated absolutly no leadership, often votes with no explanation of her rationale. Her canpaign literature is about as jandiced as your memory of Hannigan where she takes credit for accomplishments she had little or nothing to do with.
If your view of Hannigan is success, your bar is pretty low making you just another underserving politician that serves special interests as opposed to the taxpayers.
and what about the big serving of cash ($3000 to this point, could be more) given to your boy intintoli by a public employees union not in solano county. care to elaborate, jd?
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#6 Nov 3, 2012
hate them all wrote:
<quoted text>and what about the big serving of cash ($3000 to this point, could be more) given to your boy intintoli by a public employees union not in solano county. care to elaborate, jd?
Sam
What about the money and use of a van that Buck gave you. care to elaborate
Tonys Toast

San Jose, CA

#7 Nov 3, 2012
Right on Catherine.

Put that VIB hag in her place.

Go Erin!

By Tony!
Tonys Toast

San Jose, CA

#8 Nov 3, 2012
"Sam
What about the money and use of a van that Buck gave you. care to elaborate"

What the hell does this have to do with what's going on here?
I Got Your Seat

United States

#9 Nov 3, 2012
Dear Barbara,
If your interest in making sure Tony Intintoli gets "your" seat (to save for Katy after he spikes his PERS?), then why in hell didn't you just endorse him back in June? He would have won easily and "your" seat would be a nice early Xmas gift for Katy, your new protege, since Steph is not going to cut out from her years of service to save "your" seat from some brazen interloper not part of your crowd. Well, turns out your whole crowd muffed the play back in June.
Sincerely,
Maybe I'm Mike
Dirty Seat

San Jose, CA

#10 Nov 3, 2012
Whomever sits in Babs old set better have it fumigated and sterilized first to get the stank out of it.
cootchie coo

United States

#11 Nov 3, 2012
I heard that Babs doesn't wear drawers. Throw out that seat!
ill tell you what

Vallejo, CA

#12 Nov 3, 2012
I Got Your Seat wrote:
Dear Barbara,
If your interest in making sure Tony Intintoli gets "your" seat (to save for Katy after he spikes his PERS?), then why in hell didn't you just endorse him back in June? He would have won easily and "your" seat would be a nice early Xmas gift for Katy, your new protege, since Steph is not going to cut out from her years of service to save "your" seat from some brazen interloper not part of your crowd. Well, turns out your whole crowd muffed the play back in June.
Sincerely,
Maybe I'm Mike
well put, she was no friend of tony last summer and you're right, she could have gotten him elected if not for the vanity play with miessner, the community activist.
with miessner, she could still call shots, not with tony.
the whole lot of them are as corrupt as any.
Im No Expert

Vallejo, CA

#13 Nov 3, 2012
I Got Your Seat wrote:
Dear Barbara,
Sincerely,
Maybe I'm Mike
Well, put. Had she not run Katy, she could have also not been party to two nasty anti-Hannigan letters. It's her own freaking fault Erin might take "her seat", and I hope to hell she does. Reminds me of the last scene in the movie "The Last Castle" ("It's not YOUR flag!") What an arrogant bich!
Im No Expert

Vallejo, CA

#14 Nov 3, 2012
Im No Expert wrote:
<quoted text>Well, put. Had she not run Katy, she could have also not been party to two nasty anti-Hannigan letters. It's her own freaking fault Erin might take "her seat", and I hope to hell she does. Reminds me of the last scene in the movie "The Last Castle" ("It's not YOUR flag!") What an arrogant bich!
Sam
You are the last person who should make predictions or lecture others. What a failure you are. Restraining orders against you,failed Recall and ultimate loser in two elections. What an arrogant bitch you are.
Corporate Hack

United States

#15 Nov 3, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
Intinolli pushes the bar pretty low as well. I am not voting for either. It's disgusting that we have no real choice.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#17 Nov 3, 2012
you know silasbarnabe is jd miller, right? the intintoli campaign treasurer who wanted to fire the new firefighters and close the station we just reopened because somebody on staff screwed up, again!
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#18 Nov 3, 2012
Im No Expert wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam
You are the last person who should make predictions or lecture others. What a failure you are. Restraining orders against you,failed Recall and ultimate loser in two elections. What an arrogant bitch you are.
kondylis and the sea hags really believed katy could win over hannigan and intintoli last june. had they played it conservative and not been so cocky, they could have got behind intintoli and saved her precious seat. i hope the first thing erin does if she wins is have babs' seat crated up and shipped to her as a momento.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#19 Nov 3, 2012
hate them all wrote:
<quoted text>kondylis and the sea hags really believed katy could win over hannigan and intintoli last june. had they played it conservative and not been so cocky, they could have got behind intintoli and saved her precious seat. i hope the first thing erin does if she wins is have babs' seat crated up and shipped to her as a momento.
You know that "hate them all" is sam.

Sam you are the last one to offer advice with finishing last in the past two elections and screwing up your Recall effort that you had to stop it BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.,
you dont say

Vallejo, CA

#20 Nov 3, 2012
"You know that "hate them all" is sam."

Oh and because you said so we should believe you.

Well in that case you're Garman.

Sick beotch.
you dont say

Vallejo, CA

#21 Nov 3, 2012
you dont say wrote:
"You know that "hate them all" is sam."
Oh and because you said so we should believe you.
Well in that case you're Garman.
Sick beotch.
Sam

I am not Garman you vile turd.
What I do know is someone let you out of your cage and you are terrorizing the youngsters of vallejo. Are you still banned from the Mc Donalds on Sonoma Blvd for yelling at the staff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faraday Future - North Mare Island 4 hr sam as it ever was 54
Nonvoters lose their voice in California elections 7 hr Wanglow 5
News New Netflix series to star at least one downtow... 7 hr Wanglow 5
Jerry Hinton: Make VHS great again 8 hr Wanglow 7
Nood Open Carry On Bridge Ok'd 8 hr Legislattors Orifice 1
News Read my lips: Heck no 16 hr Toots Bore 18
News Pension costs, by any measure, staggering 16 hr kidney transplan 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vallejo Mortgages