Vallejo 6th On Forbes 2013 Miserable ...

Vallejo 6th On Forbes 2013 Miserable List

Posted in the Vallejo Forum

Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Feb 22, 2013
America's Most Miserable Cities 2013
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45lmhg/6-va...

#6 Vallejo, Calif.
The city finally emerged from bankruptcy at the end of 2011 after nearly 3 years. Problems remain with high levels of foreclosures and unemployment.
Not Surprised

Vacaville, CA

#2 Feb 22, 2013
We have a disproportionately high number of people with tiny vocabularies, almost no education and jobs skills. That is the main reason for the high foreclosure and unemployment rate .

This is the underclass of people the city spends money to attract. They are sad and don't do well in a good economy. In a bad economy, even worse.

The forgotten poor whose lifestyle through ignorance or choice perpetuates their suffering. It's bad for them and everyone else.
SpamTard McRimLicker

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 Feb 22, 2013
The fact that Kurshan lives in Vallejo moved them up the list from 10th to 6th.
Only work here

Vallejo, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Now that is something to crow about, right? Came UP four places? I thought people were making it better? You people screwed yourselves with an addiction to federal grants for affordable housing to attract more and more ignorant poor.
SpamTard McRimLicker

Walnut Creek, CA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Only work here wrote:
Now that is something to crow about, right? Came UP four places? I thought people were making it better? You people screwed yourselves with an addiction to federal grants for affordable housing to attract more and more ignorant poor.
Whe the h3ll are "you people"? You don't know me nor where I live. Why would someone who "only works here" even care?
Only work here

Vallejo, CA

#6 Feb 22, 2013
SpamTard McRimLicker wrote:
<quoted text>Whe the h3ll are "you people"? You don't know me nor where I live. Why would someone who "only works here" even care?
The citizens of Vallejo, farming the poor is the Vallejo trademark out of this area, and it goes on from council to council. Nobody tries to stop the growth of ignorant poor and their criminal issue.
Only work here

Vallejo, CA

#7 Feb 22, 2013
Well, so long everybody. Be careful out there!
SpamTard McRimLicker

Walnut Creek, CA

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Only work here wrote:
<quoted text>The citizens of Vallejo, farming the poor is the Vallejo trademark out of this area, and it goes on from council to council. Nobody tries to stop the growth of ignorant poor and their criminal issue.
I happen to agree with you, has been this way for decades. That is why I no longer live in Vallejo and also why I asked who is "you people"?
Wrong Again

Vacaville, CA

#9 Feb 25, 2013
wonder how vib likes being ranked #6 in the country?! vib was a major supporter of bankruptcy and now they have helped get vallejo ranked as the 6th most miserable city in America. The 4th most violent city in CA, and the 23rd most violent city in America.

way to go vib
You Love It Jim

Vallejo, CA

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Vallejo is past the point of no return. Let VIB run it, it doesn't matter who is in charge, they all keep saying YES to more affordable housing and all the problems that come from farming dumb, uneducated, entitlement-minded goons to roam our city, throw trash around like it's a job, and just take what they want, beat our asses on the streets or whatever.
one voice

Vallejo, CA

#11 Feb 26, 2013
You Love It Jim wrote:
Vallejo is past the point of no return. Let VIB run it, it doesn't matter who is in charge, they all keep saying YES to more affordable housing and all the problems that come from farming dumb, uneducated, entitlement-minded goons to roam our city, throw trash around like it's a job, and just take what they want, beat our asses on the streets or whatever.
joanne schivley just said NO! during her last term on some affordable housing deal, the rest said YES! and are still doing so. i agree that is will not make any difference to our fate if "vib" politicians are the majority, some of them own affordable housing units, they are money makers, everyone likes to make money, or more money. you can't fight human nature.
Campaign Question

Vallejo, CA

#12 Feb 26, 2013
You Love It Jim wrote:
This would be a good question for candidates for November, "do you support the city's mission to "increase affordable housing supply"?(stated as a core value in a city department)
fool me once

Vallejo, CA

#14 Feb 28, 2013
i wasted my vote on gomes, brown, mcconnell, and sampayan. they push the affordable housing like the last majority.
you are a disgrace

Vallejo, CA

#15 Feb 28, 2013
fool me once wrote:
i wasted my vote on gomes, brown, mcconnell, and sampayan. they push the affordable housing like the last majority.
You are a fool. Since the last majority was your GOBs it seems no one feels the way you do.
fool me once

Vallejo, CA

#16 Feb 28, 2013
you are a disgrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool. Since the last majority was your GOBs it seems no one feels the way you do.
huh? no one? you like the city to keep increasing affordable housing? i thought the new majority was for us, but it is clear now they are full of baloney too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vallejo city manager's pay ranks 3rd in Bay Are... 4 min Voice of GOB 21
Anne Carr: VMT/Orcem and Vallejo's gullibility 7 min Wanglow 45
Bay Area prostitution ring busted by feds (Oct '14) 21 min Steven 58
THIZZ Nation gets busted (Apr '12) 1 hr Steven 686
Joseph P. Feller: Get real on Wal-Mart 9 hr sam drives it home 3
Major Changes Coming To California Public Utili... 9 hr screw off 2
News June 23 Vallejo A&E Source Restaurant Review: L... 15 hr Kbsunnyside 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vallejo Mortgages