Family seeks help to bury slain teen

Family seeks help to bury slain teen

There are 98 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Family seeks help to bury slain teen. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Damario Watson's aunt still can't believe her nephew is gone. Watson, 19, was gunned down last week while pumping gas at the Valero Fairgrounds Gas Station at Gateway and Fairgrounds drives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
duke

Fayetteville, AR

#1 Apr 24, 2009
why doesn't the funeral home donate services???....guess the mortuary is only interested in cold cash.
Daughter in Sacramento

Sacramento, CA

#2 Apr 24, 2009
The truth is, if the Funeral home donated for this family they would have to do it for every other family, that doesn't have their child insured or can't afford to insure their kids. I attended a service where, the monies hadn't been paid and they took up a collection right there at the service (twice) to help pay for the young mans service. It's sad. My prayers go out to the family, no one should have to bury their child. Folks in Vallejo, STOP the Violence!!!!!!!
THE REAL

United States

#3 Apr 24, 2009
Maybe Valero could donate a few bucks, they are strapped for cash. But they wont!
what about the pimps

United States

#4 Apr 24, 2009
why don't the pimps, drug pushers, rap stars, shay, cc sabthia, all the school teachers and principals, homeless, section 8, the Mayor, Omegas, Marina Vista, Country Club Crest home owners Ass., and all the other fans of this kind of violence and it's result each give one dollar, that should do it.
Nightfly

Oakland, CA

#5 Apr 24, 2009
This is sad, I’d give a few bucks, and the family has been through a lot. But no mention of either his mom or dad? Don’t under estimate the fallout of not having both parents involved in a kids life.
crybabies

United States

#6 Apr 24, 2009
this is the ultimate in the entitlement thinking for some in our country. free cheese, welfare, free housing, free medical, free school, and now free burial. WOW
Obsessed Oakland Stalker

Vacaville, CA

#7 Apr 24, 2009
what about the pimps wrote:
why don't the pimps, drug pushers, rap stars, shay, cc sabthia, all the school teachers and principals, homeless, section 8, the Mayor, Omegas, Marina Vista, Country Club Crest home owners ****., and all the other fans of this kind of violence and it's result each give one dollar, that should do it.
Sybil if all your personalities gave a buck, that would take care of it.
welfare mentality

Fremont, CA

#8 Apr 24, 2009
More welfare mentality. Maybe Obama can pitch in.
Shay58

Martinez, CA

#9 Apr 24, 2009
Just wait til dark, bring a shovel and bury him when no one is looking.
wow

United States

#10 Apr 24, 2009
Ok I really don't want to talk bad about anyone but, if I were in their situation I would not want the newspaper to beg for me. I would have a garage sale and sell everything I don't NEED. I would ask my church body for help and I would pay every penny back. Where is the pride. This aricle is soooo ghetto it's embarassing!! Get a damn job or get some of his dope dealing buddies to pay the difference. I'm sorry but this is what you get when you want to live the "Thug Life" and now the very citizens he victimized or mean mugged are supposed to donate??? I don't think so. Good luck to the family and sorry for YOUR loss.
obsessed oakland stalker

Belmont, CA

#11 Apr 24, 2009
wow wrote:
Ok I really don't want to talk bad about anyone but, if I were in their situation I would not want the newspaper to beg for me. I would have a garage sale and sell everything I don't NEED. I would ask my church body for help and I would pay every penny back. Where is the pride. This aricle is soooo ghetto it's embarassing!! Get a damn job or get some of his dope dealing buddies to pay the difference. I'm sorry but this is what you get when you want to live the "Thug Life" and now the very citizens he victimized or mean mugged are supposed to donate??? I don't think so. Good luck to the family and sorry for YOUR loss.
i agree with this logic. our city is indeed on edge with all the thuggery and ghetto hip-hopping, crack, prison cred cultural tolerance that is on display anywhere you go, and now they want the rest of us to "step up"?
i don't think so.
Sparky

Sebastopol, CA

#12 Apr 24, 2009
what about the pimps wrote:
why don't the pimps, drug pushers, rap stars, shay, cc sabthia, all the school teachers and principals, homeless, section 8, the Mayor, Omegas, Marina Vista, Country Club Crest home owners ****., and all the other fans of this kind of violence and it's result each give one dollar, that should do it.
If each hooded ghetto rat(hoody) would give up one 40 oz. ole english, and donate the money to the cause, he could have a presidential funeral!
Cedric

Danville, CA

#13 Apr 24, 2009
THE REAL wrote:
Maybe Valero could donate a few bucks, they are strapped for cash. But they wont!
Why? How about you? How much did you donate? What about the victims of violent crimes fund? How much is too much? Stuff happens!
Cedric

Danville, CA

#14 Apr 24, 2009
crybabies wrote:
this is the ultimate in the entitlement thinking for some in our country. free cheese, welfare, free housing, free medical, free school, and now free burial. WOW
Well said. Consequences can be the final accountability!
Truth

Livermore, CA

#15 Apr 24, 2009
Anyone who denegrates this poor family simply trying to bury their dead son is a P.O.S. - plain and simple...
Sad Times

United States

#16 Apr 24, 2009
Where is the sympathy for the family...Geez.

I hope none of you with the mean remarks face yourself in a similar situation. You all are just as bad as the thugs and gang bangers walking around. Its not them that makes Vallejo a piece of trash, it is the lack of community support.

My Opinion

Azusa, CA

#17 Apr 24, 2009
One Word = CREMATION!
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#18 Apr 24, 2009
crybabies wrote:
SO YOUR TAKE IS BETTER..YOUR BIRTHED U PAY U LIVE U PAY U DRINK WATER U PAY ..U COOK U PAY...U WORK U PAY..U PAY U PAY U DIE U PAY $$$$$$$$$$I KNOW NOTHING IS FREE IN LIFE ..BUT STILL I CAN EMPATHIZE WHEN ANY FAMILY IS FACING A LOVED ONES DEATH AND CANT EVEN AFFORD TO PUT THEM IN THE GROUND..AND WHEN U HEAR OF SUCH THINGS WHERE TO DOES YOUR HEART GO..TO THAT UGLY PLACE THAT JUST THINKS OF ONE THING HOW IT EFFECT YOUR $$$$$$$$$$ BAA BAA BAA
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#19 Apr 24, 2009
wow wrote:
TALKING MORE ABOUT WHAT U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT...WHERE ARE HIS VICTIMS...?? EVIDENCE OF HIS THUG LIFE..IS JUST THAT HE'S BLACK, YOUNG AND HAS A RECORD...FOR WHAT ?? DO U KNOW...WHEN A PERSON WHO IS OBESE DIES OF HEART FAILURE LETS ALL HAVE THIS SAME ATTIUDE LIVE MY THE FAT DIE BY IT...YOU ARE HEARTLESS...AND WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE DIES WHAT WILL CONCERN U ..YOUR IMAGE BEING EMBARASSED????? YOUR PRIDE???? YEAH YOUR OF GREAT MORAL FIBER.....(NOT)
Daughter in Sacramento

Sacramento, CA

#20 Apr 24, 2009
Wow You folks are off the hoo. It doesn't matter about the thugs in Vallejo, or who lives in the Crest. Do you know someone's grandmother bought their first home in the Crest, that was a tremendous accomplishment. Just because some folks are doing bad, doesn't mean you should group everyone together. This type of thinking is why your ignorant tails get mean mugged. Because instead of smiling and speaking , you're running to the other side of the street, scared, like little spineless Jelly fish. I want you to know just because you have a good job and insurance NOW, STUFF can happen. I pray that you won't need a hand out, because, you will reap what you sow. Ignorance, so many of you. The family is not begging, the are grieving and trying to do what's right. I'm going to pray for all of you. You need it. God doesn't like UGLY!!! Which is what most of you are protraying today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maria Silva: Enough with the bond money 3 min Jim in SF 16
Sampayan McConnell Defend Decision to Skip Labo... 11 min sammy sez 227
Supervisors to discuss 2nd phase of Move Solano... 2 hr thanks maria 4
Joseph P. Feller: All I ask is... 8 hr Mrs Shihsquee ova... 21
Tom Ovens: Thank goodness Sun ancient chinaman 5
Brown Signs Bill Making CPR Training A Requirement Sun Anonymous 1
Vallejo Fire Department offers emergency notifi... Sun Anonymous 1

Vallejo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance