Kaiser nurses in Vallejo set date for strike

Dec 11, 2012 Full story: Vallejo Times-Herald 26

Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center registered nurses will join those of 20 other Kaiser facilities on Dec.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Knowsalot

Vacaville, CA

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Go for it. There are plenty of qualified nurses that will take those jobs at half of what those nurses earn.
Union

San Rafael, CA

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Pay them
we the people

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Dec 12, 2012
The nurses are not asking for more money. They are protesting unethical business practices.

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#4 Dec 12, 2012
You are paid what you are worth.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#5 Dec 12, 2012
we the people wrote:
The nurses are not asking for more money. They are protesting unethical business practices.
What are the unethical issues? Are they truly unethical or a matter of managerial right to make a decision that the workers don't like????
Alex

Vacaville, CA

#6 Dec 12, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
You are paid what you are worth.
Not Jingle Jingle, Jiggle Jiggle.

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Union wrote:
Pay them
Why pay them more I am a home care worker I get paid crap compare to nurses I get no health care benefits at all stop the whinning and do your jobs right. My dad was just in this hospital in Vallejo is care was not up to snuff. To many problems to list so stop putting money over the care of patients. Then have the gaul to go on strike oh please you make me sick. Be lucky you have a job there's many that are out of work

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#8 Dec 13, 2012
Home health workers should be paid more. To put up with the crabby people they have to take care of. They should have benefits, too.
Hooter

San Rafael, CA

#9 Dec 13, 2012
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Why pay them more I am a home care worker I get paid crap compare to nurses I get no health care benefits at all stop the whinning and do your jobs right. My dad was just in this hospital in Vallejo is care was not up to snuff. To many problems to list so stop putting money over the care of patients. Then have the gaul to go on strike oh please you make me sick. Be lucky you have a job there's many that are out of work
You should join the UNION hooray for UNIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Max

Hayward, CA

#10 Dec 13, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
Home health workers should be paid more. To put up with the crabby people they have to take care of. They should have benefits, too.
Home health care should be done by unpaid volunteer church ladies.

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#11 Dec 13, 2012
LOL
Max wrote:
<quoted text>Home health care should be done by unpaid volunteer church ladies.

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 13, 2012
Hooter wrote:
<quoted text>You should join the UNION hooray for UNIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Shows what you know I belong to a union dumbs a** check your facts before you stick your foot in your mouth.

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Dec 13, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
Home health workers should be paid more. To put up with the crabby people they have to take care of. They should have benefits, too.
You got that right I do just as much if not more then most nurses. Most nurse I see in hospitals are flapping there gums and on a computer doing gods know what. Just telling it how I see it.

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Dec 13, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>Home health care should be done by unpaid volunteer church ladies.
Just another uniformed person who knows nothing what in home care givers do. We do the same jobs as nurses aids do for crap wages and no benefits. So before you start quoting sh*t things find out the facts it just show how dumb you really are.

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#15 Dec 13, 2012
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right I do just as much if not more then most nurses. Most nurse I see in hospitals are flapping there gums and on a computer doing gods know what. Just telling it how I see it.
I agree.
Hooter

San Rafael, CA

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows what you know I belong to a union dumbs a** check your facts before you stick your foot in your mouth.
Unions are great that is the facts!!!!!!!!!!
Max

Hayward, CA

#18 Dec 13, 2012
Airtime wrote:
I wish I made over 75,000 a year being a RN or 40,000 a year being a nurses aid. So when they are making my wages then they can really bit*ch till then do your f**king job and shut up and stop whining Jesus Christ.
Then dial 1-800-CRY-WAAA and all your dreams will come true!

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 13, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>Then dial 1-800-CRY-WAAA and all your dreams will come true!
Oh you so funny not don't quick your day job for sure.

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Dec 13, 2012
Knowsalot wrote:
Go for it. There are plenty of qualified nurses that will take those jobs at half of what those nurses earn.
You got that right Knowsalot or they make the wages I make then they would really whine and bit*h for sure.

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 13, 2012
we the people wrote:
The nurses are not asking for more money. They are protesting unethical business practices.
Oh yea right and striking really going to slove that problem. Maybe not treating the sick different if there paying health premiums to the ones that have medicare or medical. I seen this with my own eyes so don't tell me it doesn't happen. Always trying to save a buck on the back of the sick and injury that's really good old American solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One dead in Vallejo’s Hanns Park shooting 7 min Kaay 4
Sam Kershan, more awesome than you? 1 hr Whitey McCrackin 56
New list puts Vallejo among the state’s most da... 1 hr sammite 10
Armed robbery in Vallejo leads to the arrest of... 2 hr Wanglow 2
Discovery Kingdom upgrades animal, marine mamma... 6 hr Anonymous 1
Vallejo school board decides to seek applicants... 15 hr Remember the Redmen 42
Man Arrested on Accusations of Sexually Abusing... (Nov '13) 17 hr Sambo the Fat Fai... 7

Vallejo News Video

Vallejo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Vallejo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Vallejo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vallejo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:38 am PST

Bleacher Report 1:38AM
Poor Execution, Injuries and Lack of Adjustment Derail 49ers' Efforts in Week 16
Bleacher Report 2:08 AM
Chargers vs. 49ers: Full Report Card Grades for San Diego
NFL 5:36 AM
Niners set franchise rushing record, but still can't win
NBC Sports 9:08 AM
Report: Stanford's David Shaw will not entertain potential NFL offers
NFL 9:39 AM
No L.A. team in '15; Raiders to extend Oakland lease