Posted in the Vallejo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Vallejo's first impression
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/letters/ci_2...

I have written many times about the lack of care our city gets from Caltrans. Why are our city freeways not taken care of like other cities? I travel enough through other city's freeways, and don't see the neglect in property maintenance that I see here in Vallejo.

Look at the Interstate 80, 37 interchange, where thousands of visitors to our theme park visit, and thousands go from one area of Northern California to another. Just look at our off-ramps.

Again, I ask, where is our city council? Mayor? Our newly appointed city manager (who in our city is the boss, hired by our elected officials)? Where is he and his administration in changing Vallejo's image as tourists? The I-80 corridor and the Highway 37 corridor make a major part of how people passing through look at Vallejo.

We should be as clean as Napa, Danville, Dixon, and any other part of this system. It is time for Vallejo citizens and our city government to stand up and demand our needs.

Demand our tax dollars go to clean and enhance our city freeways and interchanges.

This is vital to Vallejo's image. We do not need to look like a slum.

Colin Hagerstrand
Vallejo
fureal

San Jose, CA

#2 Jan 5, 2013
But we ARE a slum
anon

Vallejo, CA

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Caltrans replaced that gawd awful rest stop. Took a year and a few $M.
jd miller hungover

Vallejo, CA

#4 Jan 5, 2013
yeah, make the roads into the city more attractive for the clown cars this spring, lol. statistically, every clown car has at least one gun on-board. maybe the cvb can start selling ammo on the side, what do they do anyway but waste our money?
Dickie the enraged-t-urd

Vallejo, CA

#5 Jan 5, 2013
Unfortunately this is what happens when council after council used 80 percent of the general fund for safety employees. Now we have a council that is trying to make a difference, but they have been faced with inept employees forgetting to send letters to negotiate, forgetting to code new hires into a new more affordable pension system, and lastly a stubborn union that lives by the mantra "cut as much staff as you like, we want to be paid".
jd miller hungover

Vallejo, CA

#6 Jan 5, 2013
jd, you won't have that many to pay in six months. have you calculated the percentages yet? as revenues continue to fall, the cost of employee will go up unless you either cut more staff, or give them a big haircut. you see what promising a trip to the barber from gomes did to the police recruiting, right?
anon

Vallejo, CA

#7 Jan 5, 2013
Dickie the enraged-t-urd wrote:
Unfortunately this is what happens when council after council used 80 percent of the general fund for safety employees. Now we have a council that is trying to make a difference, but they have been faced with inept employees forgetting to send letters to negotiate, forgetting to code new hires into a new more affordable pension system, and lastly a stubborn union that lives by the mantra "cut as much staff as you like, we want to be paid".
You are as entertaining as Salty Dog. The condition and appearance of the roadways leading into Vallejo are a result of "employees forgetting to send letters to negotiate, forgetting to code new hires into a new more affordable pension system, and lastly a stubborn union that lives by the mantra "cut as much staff as you like, we want to be paid".? You are even less knowledgeable than Sam Kurshan and have about the same amount of respect. LOL!
FULL MONTY

Forest Park, GA

#8 Jan 5, 2013
post larger exit signs for Marine World AFRICA USA. AFRICA @ any exit gets you there....watch out for bullet crossings.
Up the Sammie

Vallejo, CA

#9 Jan 5, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as entertaining as Salty Dog. The condition and appearance of the roadways leading into Vallejo are a result of "employees forgetting to send letters to negotiate, forgetting to code new hires into a new more affordable pension system, and lastly a stubborn union that lives by the mantra "cut as much staff as you like, we want to be paid".? You are even less knowledgeable than Sam Kurshan and have about the same amount of respect. LOL!
O'RLY, you believe wasting millions is good work if wasted on employee costs that should not have been incurred.....those millions could go to making Vallejo look better...but for a person that wasted money for a degree from Cal when you could have achieved the same stature with your high school diploma is laughable.
anon

Vallejo, CA

#10 Jan 5, 2013
Up the Sammie wrote:
<quoted text>O'RLY, you believe wasting millions is good work if wasted on employee costs that should not have been incurred.....those millions could go to making Vallejo look better...but for a person that wasted money for a degree from Cal when you could have achieved the same stature with your high school diploma is laughable.
I'll repeat myself. You are even less knowledgeable than Sam Kurshan and have about the same amount of respect. LOL!

Cal? When did I do that? Whatever I attained could not have been done with a HS diploma alone.

The condition of the roadways/appearance into Vallejo has nothing to do with COV employees.

Buy a clue, you certainly cannot get one via critical thinking skills.
WTF

Vallejo, CA

#11 Jan 5, 2013
They clean it up, you can see when they do. And then the pigs that "live" and breed here, trash it again, in the span of 24 hours it looks like nothing has been done. Cal trans will paint over graffiti on 80 twice in a week and by the following Monday it's back up. I bet they spend more time here, than they do in the cities you listed. The difference is the populace. The crime rate isn't the same either. Face it people, our town is being turned into a ghetto by our lovely, ever growing number of welfare recipients. They don't care and they make sure to demonstrate that every opportunity they get.
anon

Vallejo, CA

#13 Jan 5, 2013
WTF wrote:
They clean it up, you can see when they do. And then the pigs that "live" and breed here, trash it again, in the span of 24 hours it looks like nothing has been done. Cal trans will paint over graffiti on 80 twice in a week and by the following Monday it's back up. I bet they spend more time here, than they do in the cities you listed. The difference is the populace. The crime rate isn't the same either. Face it people, our town is being turned into a ghetto by our lovely, ever growing number of welfare recipients. They don't care and they make sure to demonstrate that every opportunity they get.
That is Up the Sammie's diversity workin'
At least Caltrans uses the appropriate colored paint and not whatever someone gave them
Dickie the enraged-t-urd

Vallejo, CA

#14 Jan 5, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll repeat myself. You are even less knowledgeable than Sam Kurshan and have about the same amount of respect. LOL!
Cal? When did I do that? Whatever I attained could not have been done with a HS diploma alone.
The condition of the roadways/appearance into Vallejo has nothing to do with COV employees.
Buy a clue, you certainly cannot get one via critical thinking skills.
LOL!
I didn't realize you knew sam so well, that association speaks volumes. Sorry Dickie but your charade and more importantly your efforts to hide behind anonymity is laughable. You are just not up to snuff for a Cal graduate, and more importantly for a retired city of employee that actually lives in Vallejo your views of handing over what little monetary resources this City has only to employees is indicative of a myopic ninny. You and the bald fat man that wears a hula shirt should get a room together.

LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#15 Jan 5, 2013
Colin wants to "clean and enhance our freeways", and that's a very good idea but it is as they say, "putting lipstick on a pig". Maybe the Best Impression of N-town is to see it in your rear-view mirror.
Dickie the enraged-t-urd

Vallejo, CA

#16 Jan 5, 2013
Wanglow wrote:
Colin wants to "clean and enhance our freeways", and that's a very good idea but it is as they say, "putting lipstick on a pig". Maybe the Best Impression of N-town is to see it in your rear-view mirror.
You, Dickie, and the fat bald man that wears the hula shirt should all get a room together.
Jim in SF

Vallejo, CA

#17 Jan 5, 2013
Up the Sammie wrote:
<quoted text>O'RLY, you believe wasting millions is good work if wasted on employee costs that should not have been incurred.....those millions could go to making Vallejo look better...but for a person that wasted money for a degree from Cal when you could have achieved the same stature with your high school diploma is laughable.
Those of us that have lived around here for a while know that it does not matter how much money you invest in pretty sidewalks, street trees and fixtures. The demographic that Vallejo is catering to will destroy it piece by piece. These people litter prodigiously and have no regard or self respect for their property, let alone, yours.

We have shittty people so we get shittty looking streets.
Mr Hudson

Vallejo, CA

#18 Jan 5, 2013
Some day that old sea wall will give and flush the crappy downtown away.
uts

Vallejo, CA

#19 Jan 5, 2013
Jim in SF wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of us that have lived around here for a while know that it does not matter how much money you invest in pretty sidewalks, street trees and fixtures. The demographic that Vallejo is catering to will destroy it piece by piece. These people litter prodigiously and have no regard or self respect for their property, let alone, yours.
We have shittty people so we get shittty looking streets.
What else can Vallejo do? Remove the troublesome Negroes? The damage is done my friend.
WTF

Vallejo, CA

#20 Jan 6, 2013
uts wrote:
<quoted text>What else can Vallejo do? Remove the troublesome Negroes? The damage is done my friend.
We would have to start at the bottom and the rest would fall into place. Cops, cops and more cops. The crime rate would plummet as it has in Richmond. Word would get out, just as it does when the city is short staffed. They won't want to hang out here anymore, and neither would their bruh's from Oakland. But that's NEVER going to happen here.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#21 Jan 6, 2013
it's never going to happen on gomes' watch, that's a certainty. there is absent interest from the police profession to apply here at any pay/comp. all the howling about the richest deal in the state and still no lines formed when the jobs were offered. meanwhile, the bean-counters slug it out over pay, benefits, and retirement formulas.
citizens are having their assesbeaten on the streets now, their homes burgaled/invaded, businesses robbed, cars stolen, open drug dealing and prostitution running wild.
the word is out, publicly from the chief, that over a dozen more cops are retiring, both he and gomes are citing "grossly understaffed", yet we appear to NOT have the depth of resources to replace those and hire more, not now, not after the vindictive loud-mouth gomes' pledge to give the police a buzz cut in the summer. we can't wait for a council shift in november to make police presence a priority.
this city must FIRST acknowledge the problem, then develop a course of action. no matter where you stand, police supporter or critic, the criminal content is growing, they are coming here from out of town to get a piece of vallejo, our odds of being a victim are going up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage: Where the 2016 candidates stand 2 hr Doh 4
Poll Vallejo Embrace New Bay Area Islamic College ??? 2 hr Duh 22
Poll SUSTAINABLE JOBs/new Business Creations IN Agri... 4 hr Un agenda 21 and ... 8
More than 400 Bay Area educators receive pensio... 6 hr Duh 8
State data shows more Vallejo students graduated 6 hr Doh 6
Riots Break Out in Bay Area Under Union, Occupy... 7 hr Duh 3
Carnevale Fantastico offers Italian flavor in V... 7 hr Duh 4
More from around the web

Vallejo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]