Man shot in face, airlifted to hospital

Man shot in face, airlifted to hospital

There are 51 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Nov 22, 2009, titled Man shot in face, airlifted to hospital. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Emergency crews and an unidentified person transport a man who was shot at 1500 Napa St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“DEATH Takes Everyone!”

Since: Nov 09

Vallejo, CA

#1 Nov 23, 2009
That area is not "pretty safe". I have visited that neighborhood on several prior occassions. With the continued reduction in the police force, I will visit this area again soon.
October 26

United States

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Police look into shooting, crash
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:00 AM
More Most Viewed >>
<< Prev | Next >>
Vallejo police are investigating reports of an alleged shooting Friday night.

Shortly before 7 p.m., police received reports of a woman who had been shot on the 1800 block of Napa Street alongside reports of a traffic collision in that same area.

When police arrived, they found the woman had not been shot, but likely injured by a car airbag, police said. She was one of two passengers of the blue Thunderbird in the reported accident, police said.

The driver of the blue car told officers that as he was driving on Illinois Street and turning onto Napa Street, an unknown suspect came running at him and fired shots at him, police said.

The shooting allegedly caused the driver of the car to veer into a brick retaining wall, police said.

Though shell casings have been recovered, there were no shooting victims, police said.

No witnesses have come forward, and the driver and female passenger were uncooperative with investigators, police said.
Grissle

Vacaville, CA

#3 Nov 23, 2009
I guess Gomes was right Vallejo does not have a crime problem. Wow she is just right on the money on every topic. She must be getting inside information from Persall.
raven

Vallejo, CA

#4 Nov 23, 2009
DEATH Esq wrote:
That area is not "pretty safe". I have visited that neighborhood on several prior occassions. With the continued reduction in the police force, I will visit this area again soon.
It's all a matter of perception.
I love Vallejo

Vallejo, CA

#5 Nov 23, 2009
Grissle wrote:
I guess Gomes was right Vallejo does not have a crime problem. Wow she is just right on the money on every topic. She must be getting inside information from Persall.
hey grissle, you must be seething that gomes got the most votes of any candidate even with all of your psu smears huh?
too bad you can't vote here, maybe you should join the vacaville police force instead....... oh thats right they don't pay as much!

“Learn From Your Mistakes!”

Since: Oct 09

Vallejo

#6 Nov 23, 2009
Society will have to grapple, somehow, with the "Not Cooperative" epidemic within our society. The "No Snitch" mentality, combined with any lack of personal conscience or sense of responsibility, make it nearly impossible for law enforcement to effectively investigate crimes. This is a national problem, from Compton to Oakland to Chicago to Philly to good 'ol Vallejo. Contrary to what some readers will want to hear, the "War on Drugs" has also played a part in the growth of this mentality. Folks understand cops and swat teams busting down doors for meth, crack and heroin. But the usage of such heavy handed tools for marijuana has used up any residual good will many communities might have had for officers. Mix in assured retaliation against those who talk or drop a dime, and we've got ourselves worked into a corner. Sadly, when gang-bangers shoot things up, half the time they don't even hit the right party, but hit innocent people like Matt Garcia in Fairfield or young Yesenia Vasquez here in Vallejo. So while strict prohibitionist minded persons while scream and vent and insult proponents, or folks like myself for even opening the discussions about decriminalization, a nice side effect might spring as a result. Also, the reduction in power to the Mexican Cartels would be substantial, a benefit to all of us. Meanwhile, the folks in this neighborhood will reap what they sow by not cooperating: More trouble along the line. Hopefully the police can piece this together and make the correct arrests.
DHH

Coronado, CA

#7 Nov 23, 2009
Once proud Navy town is turning a ghetto war zone!
Cedric

United States

#8 Nov 23, 2009
Vallejo... a family oriented community with spacious living space for all. But no bullet proof amenities, yet.

Outside perps, make this your home away from home, either foreign or domestic.

Bring your deviant ways to our once fine abode and test our Liberal ways with your unwanted presence.
Cedric

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2009
DEATH Esq wrote:
This a Union ad or a cynical reminder?
FVH

Lafayette, CA

#10 Nov 23, 2009
Yep, more violence in Vallejo. But our City Council thinks it's okay to lay off 7 cops now, plus 10-20 more in the spring. Great way to fight crime!

Vallejo is #43 on the list of the most dangerous, crime-ridden cities in the country (out of 400 cities), topped locally only by Oakland #3 and Richmond #14 (SF is #98). See the article in the Chronicle.

DON'T LAY OFF POLICE! This town is scary enough as it is!
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost

Pleasant Hill, CA

#11 Nov 23, 2009
Grissle wrote:
These reports seem to support Gomes, Some interesting news that debunks PSU claims that Vallejo's crime rate is as high as Oakland and Richmond.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/c...

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/Population_Ra...

Oakland is number 3, and Richmond is 14th....
Angry Eyebrows

Fairfield, CA

#12 Nov 23, 2009
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost wrote:
<quoted text>These reports seem to support Gomes, Some interesting news that debunks PSU claims that Vallejo's crime rate is as high as Oakland and Richmond.
Shanus your a typical Vallejoan in denial!#43 out 400 cities is just under the top 10% of the most violent cities in the US. With Oakland, Richmond and Compton ahead of us that would make us the 4th most dangerous city in CA! Oakland and Richmond only top us because they have more murders, but we actually have more crime! WOW! I'll bet if you look at # of Officers per capita (that means per person)Vallejo will be in the top 5 if not # 1 for the lowest # of Officers for the population! You're proof that Vallejoans don't get it! Thanks for proving that Vallejoans are in denial! Afterall, denial helps you sleep better while the wolves are outside your door!

Vallejo, CA

#13 Nov 23, 2009
<quoted text>These reports seem to support Gomes, Some interesting news that debunks PSU claims that Vallejo's crime rate is as high as Oakland and Richmond.
If you think being #43 out of 400 cities is "good" you need to have your head examined. Vallejo is right next to New Orleans on the list, and well above SF at #98.

Vallejo, CA

#14 Nov 23, 2009
The City Crime rankings show the rate of violent crime for cities over 75,000. Vallejo is #43 most dangerous out of 400 cities.

Here is the link to the 2009 City Crime Rankings in pdf:
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009/CityCrim...

If you are interested in reading the Methodology, or seeing other statistics, here's the main page:
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009/CityCrim...
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost

Pleasant Hill, CA

#15 Nov 23, 2009
Your desperation to make Vallejo appear more crime ridden than it really is, is shameful. Oakland is 3rd and Richmond is 14, the same methodology was applied to all 400 cities.

Vallejo, CA

#16 Nov 23, 2009
Your desperation to make Vallejo appear more crime ridden than it really is, is shameful. Oakland is 3rd and Richmond is 14, the same methodology was applied to all 400 cities.
I'm only citing FACTS while you're apparently trying to make Vallejo look like Mayberry. Vallejo is one of the most dangerous cities in California and the nation. And we're about to lose a whole bunch of police officers. Those are FACTS, but yes, the city is desperate, and about to get even more despondent over the sickening increase in crime. My guess is that Vallejo will be in the top 10 in 2010...
waR

Belmont, CA

#17 Nov 23, 2009
when the odds catch up to your sorry brit ass, it won't matter to you what order of ranking we are.
Snoops

United States

#18 Nov 23, 2009
I love Vallejo wrote:
<quoted text>
hey grissle, you must be seething that gomes got the most votes of any candidate even with all of your psu smears huh?
too bad you can't vote here, maybe you should join the vacaville police force instead....... oh thats right they don't pay as much!
Oh yeah, Gomes is good for Vallejo. This shooting was just blocks from Gomes house. Maybe she heard the gunshots, heheheheheh
Snoops

United States

#19 Nov 23, 2009
calor_playa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only citing FACTS while you're apparently trying to make Vallejo look like Mayberry. Vallejo is one of the most dangerous cities in California and the nation. And we're about to lose a whole bunch of police officers. Those are FACTS, but yes, the city is desperate, and about to get even more despondent over the sickening increase in crime. My guess is that Vallejo will be in the top 10 in 2010...
The problem now is that you have a Vallejo city council and city manager who are making public safety for all Vallejo citizens and visitors a LAST priority. Vallejo city leaders have failed us and they are putting all of us in great danger. If you poll the normal citizens of Vallejo on the streets, 100% will tell you they think Vallejo is unsafe and very dangerous. I have spoken to many residents in the last month and not one feels safe. They also dislike the Vallejo city council. And yes to the final question, most of the people polled did not vote. They all believe that Vallejo city council will not listen to them, so they don't get involved. Vallejo, what a great city in the HOOD
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost

Pleasant Hill, CA

#20 Nov 23, 2009
calor_playa wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Oakland 3, Richmond 14...no Vallejo.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Brown Traded More Diesel Pollution For Hi... 2 hr Anonymous 1
California's Construction Workers Make Less Tha... 2 hr Anonymous 1
UC kept secret $175 million reserve as it raise... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Possible signs of life at Vallejo's long-dorman... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Woman discovers dozens of dead dogs while walki... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Jim Spering: Employees the priority 2 hr Anonymous 1
Vallejo's Raley's supermarket to close for good 4 hr Samalamadingdong 35

Vallejo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance