New day, new leadership?

Jan 13, 2013 Full story: The Daily Republic 25

The makeup of the Solano County Board of Supervisors changed this week when Skip Thomson and Erin Hannigan took their respective oaths of office Tuesday and claimed their seats behind the dais.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
"Base pay for board members jumped from a little less than $40,000 in 1997 to nearly $95,000 today. With various incentives, each member of the board can expect a six-figures compensation package."

Now we know how Intintoli feels about losing, there goes $95,000 each going to Thompson's and Hannigan's pockets.
kowtow keen

Vallejo, CA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
gomes had her eye on this pot of dough after she retired as well. intintoli was to hold the place for a term or two if his health allowed, then gomes would run with his endorsement. that all went to hell, and gomes is steamed that arch-enemy hannigan took the gold ring. the irony is that had her good friend babs kondylis not run katy miessner back in june of 2012, intintoli most likely would have secured enough margin over hannigan to take the seat, but miessner diluted his count. they aren't that smart after all, or popular as they think. look at what we did to schivley and intintoli, booom! gone. viva vallejo indeed!!
Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

#3 Jan 14, 2013
I really wanted Intintoli to get what he deserved for turning Vallejo into a bankrupt and miserable city. Now we shall see if Hannigan and Thompson can do something about the parolee center by supporting the council's position.
not so fast

Vallejo, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2013
i disagree it is the council's position. it is the will of the majority with no substance to support their tired parroting of "parolee dumping". the parolees are returning to their home cities of record, the county is managing them as before, only in a more centralized and improved program.
the council won't get shidt from the county, irrespective of gomes' nasty tone to our supervisor and deep hatred of hannigan.
it's not the county's problem that we produced so many criminals from bad housing policy.
not so fast

Vallejo, CA

#5 Jan 14, 2013
or allowed our police staffing to fall so low. it's all about the county funding a cop. they should have thought of that before they gave some outsider a quarter mil to facilitate marti's experiment, with money that could put more police on the streets, since we now know we have some resources to draw from.
sammie the enraged -t-urd

Concord, CA

#6 Jan 14, 2013
not so fast wrote:
or allowed our police staffing to fall so low. it's all about the county funding a cop. they should have thought of that before they gave some outsider a quarter mil to facilitate marti's experiment, with money that could put more police on the streets, since we now know we have some resources to draw from.
$250,000? One cop for one year......so why then don't you support the councils resolution to support one Police position funded by the county for multiple years....oh that's right you just hate the council Majority.

LOL!

(t)urd enragement!
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

#7 Jan 14, 2013
We just had a parolee kill his own mother because he was allowed to return to his home of record. I don't think innocent citizens deserve to be murdered by returning parolees gone violent. The council has made a decision based on majority feedback which I also support. These parolees are lawbreakers, past history has proven that they can become criminals again and dumping them in Vallejo will only add to our criminal population. I would not wish anyone's life be put in danger because a parolee happens to be his/her neighbor.
not so fast

Vallejo, CA

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Gay Pride wrote:
We just had a parolee kill his own mother because he was allowed to return to his home of record. I don't think innocent citizens deserve to be murdered by returning parolees gone violent. The council has made a decision based on majority feedback which I also support. These parolees are lawbreakers, past history has proven that they can become criminals again and dumping them in Vallejo will only add to our criminal population. I would not wish anyone's life be put in danger because a parolee happens to be his/her neighbor.
that parolee was outside the category to be managed at the drc. what do you prescribe be done with parolees anyway? they were citizens of our community when they went to jail, you cannot tell them where to live when they get out.
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

#9 Jan 14, 2013
They were in state prison before, far away from Vallejo. To cut cost and prevent overcrowding the state decided to dump them to the counties. So, there is no legal basis for them to be located in their home of record. Someone just made that up to justify locating the center in our city. The parole system regulations are very specific but does not include this home of record mandate.
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Of course they can live wherever they want, I have no problem with that. Just don't make it a requirement that DRC be located where they choose to live.
not so fast

Vallejo, CA

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Gay Pride wrote:
They were in state prison before, far away from Vallejo. To cut cost and prevent overcrowding the state decided to dump them to the counties. So, there is no legal basis for them to be located in their home of record. Someone just made that up to justify locating the center in our city. The parole system regulations are very specific but does not include this home of record mandate.
baloney, they are ordered to check in with the parole authorities in the county of record, and the county cannot tell them where to live or not live. quit spreading shidt, this is getting crazy!
All For Parolee Services

Vallejo, CA

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Gay Pride wrote:
They were in state prison before, far away from Vallejo. To cut cost and prevent overcrowding the state decided to dump them to the counties. So, there is no legal basis for them to be located in their home of record. Someone just made that up to justify locating the center in our city. The parole system regulations are very specific but does not include this home of record mandate.
OK, "dump them to the ocunties". Then where should the county tell them to go live, "anywhere but Vallejo"?
Nuts, absolutely nuts!!
Giant Step Advocate

Vallejo, CA

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Expanded parolee services will be a giant step forward for Vallejo. Isn't that what Gomes' husband said when HE was getting paid to provide them?
sammie the enraged -t-urd

Concord, CA

#14 Jan 14, 2013
Giant Step Advocate wrote:
Expanded parolee services will be a giant step forward for Vallejo. Isn't that what Gomes' husband said when HE was getting paid to provide them?
So John Allen is working for free?

LOL!

(t)urd enragement!
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

#15 Jan 14, 2013
It was Kondylis' last accomplishment before she retired, her spin was that the DRC will provide jobs and revenue and yes a giant step forward. So these parolees are required to report to their counties but all of a sudden a DRC will be created and located in Vallejo? Does that mean all parolees in Solano County will be coming to our city, I haven't heard of any plan to build more of these center elsewhere?

Glad the council has decided against this, majority of our citizens feel the same way because we don't need to add to our criminal population.
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

#16 Jan 14, 2013
The council has recommended that the DRC be located in Fairfield where the County government is, and I agree. Anyone breaking their parole will need to appear at the County Court for re-sentencing.
VIB Hater

Vallejo, CA

#17 Jan 14, 2013
sammie the enraged -t-urd wrote:
<quoted text>So John Allen is working for free?
LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
No, he is getting paid, and Tony is going to see the judge tomorrow! Slap!!
sammie has testicle envy

Concord, CA

#18 Jan 14, 2013
VIB Hater wrote:
<quoted text>No, he is getting paid, and Tony is going to see the judge tomorrow! Slap!!
So with him on the job and on the hook why do we have a parole problem here?

lol!
(t)urd enragement!
Say What

Vallejo, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Gay Pride wrote:
The council has recommended that the DRC be located in Fairfield where the County government is, and I agree. Anyone breaking their parole will need to appear at the County Court for re-sentencing.
You do know that the DRC would be located next to the County Courthouse facility here in Vallejo. These are non -violent offenders who currently report across the street from the courthouse facility here in Vallejo. This would just move them closer to the court and to the sheriffs department located in the courthouse. I guess you figure it is better to provide no services to these people so they can reoffend and maybe next time be violent offenders.

Why would the county pay for a Vallejo police officer when they can use their sheriffs for these non-violent offenders. By the way, the man who killed his mom would not be allowed in this program because he was a violent offender. Got it?
Spin It JD

Vallejo, CA

#20 Jan 14, 2013
sammie has testicle envy wrote:
<quoted text>So with him on the job and on the hook why do we have a parole problem here?
lol!
(t)urd enragement!
Maybe Tony and Bob's neighborhood watch army is not all it's cracked up to be? If they can prevent a crime, then they prevent a criminal, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Group urges Vallejo school board to pick four p... 20 min Sam Whacks Tony a... 30
CalPERS: Pensioners will eventually outnumber p... 2 hr holders people 2
Bay Area immigrant communities filled with exci... 3 hr Hector 6
Blacks , Racism and It's Contradictions 3 hr fuhrman 48
Working Thanksgiving? Proposed California bill ... 4 hr Anonymous 1
Solano County prosecutors may seek to consolida... 4 hr Anonymous 1
THIZZ Nation gets busted (Apr '12) 9 hr Steven M Robinson 506

Vallejo News Video

Vallejo Dating
Find my Match

Vallejo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Vallejo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vallejo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:52 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:52PM
Breaking Down Rams' Game Plan vs. Raiders
Bleacher Report 9:28 PM
Lessons from Playoff Loss to Seahawks
Bleacher Report 4:12 AM
6 Keys to Late-Season Playoff Push
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Seahawks' Week 13 Preview vs. 49ers
NBC Sports 7:30 AM
Charles Woodson named AFC defensive player of the week