Opposing rallies held across from Val...

Opposing rallies held across from Vallejo Police Department

Posted in the Vallejo Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Opposing rallies held across from Vallejo Police Department
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/news/ci_2256...

It was a new twist on a familiar scene at the Vallejo Police Department, where two groups with opposing views on the police held rallies on Saturday.

Unlike prior demonstrations, those protesting the police stood across from the station, instead of at the steps. The steps were occupied by those holding signs in appreciation of Vallejo officers.

"We want to let people know that there's a venue for (those who support the police department)," organizer Sam Kurshan said.

Kurshan added that another such rally will be organized again in the future.

About 25 people held signs and a banner reading "Thank you Vallejo Police Department" outside the main headquarters' door.

Meanwhile, across the street, the opposing group of about 30 people was largely consisted of family members of Mario Romero and their supporters.

Romero was killed in an officer-involved shooting Sept. 2, in front of his home.

The family members have contested police allegations of Romero confronting the officers with what turned out to be a replica gun, and being in possession of Ecstacy.

In the latest demonstration, protesters chanted "No justice, no peace!" and held various signs demanding justice against police brutality.

The relatively peaceful Saturday rallies began at about noon, and lasted about an hour. While the two groups maintained their distance, at least a couple police protesters shouted from across the the street at those in support of the department.

"Thank you for what?" a protester shouted.

The shouts were met with no responses from those standing outside the front lobby.

At one point, Vallejo police Captain Ken Weaver was seen coming out of the station to shake hands with the those gathered in support of the department.
Samuel Kurshan

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Thank you Irma and Chris for your coverage of our rally. We are already planning for our next one, which promises to be bigger! We are starting a Facebook page as well as an "Adopt a Cop" program where individual members of the community can link with a specific officer to check in with them and see what they can do to help instill and maintain a high level of morale. Thank you and God Bless our Vallejo Police and everyone who showed up to support them.
its on now

Vallejo, CA

#3 Feb 10, 2013
i would suggest an opportunity for those without facebook accounts to express support to individual officers. i am one of those oddballs of the modern world that does not participate in social media exchanges, tweet, or walk around staring at a small device in my hand. how about a "page" or whatever for our canine officers and their dogs?
open your eyes

Vallejo, CA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
The Mitchel camp looks like a scene from Jerry Springer. Do these people know thats how they come across? Sad really.
its on now

Vallejo, CA

#5 Feb 10, 2013
"...we silently hope that Christopher Dornor(x-cop fugitive killer) slides through Vallejo and serves up a bit of that Karmatic street justice on these rogue cops.. yep I said it! feel free to judge me...you know by now that i don't care..."-cyndi mitchell.

this comment received almost no reprimand from posters at marc garman's anti-cop website.

joanne schivley famously declared war on our public safety and stephanie gomes is continuing it, with absolute psychos like this on their side.
positive me

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Feb 10, 2013
OMG! This is Wonderful Sam! Way to go! I did'nt know about it necause I would have neen there to support you.I will be there for sure. Thank you VPD! You put your life on the line everyday to protect our city. I am real sorry you have to take so much crap! Crap from folks who can't even begin to understand what you do out there. It just depends what side of the law your on though.We pray for you all the time.And the folks who are causing our city to look like it does.And No not Mayor Davis! He's not makeing the mess either! I'ts time to responsability for our actions! PS... while were praying let's pray that this spirit of entitlement would leave this city. No Vallejo doesn't owe Anyone Anything!!!! Have a Great Day!
positive me

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2013
What does your message mean its on now? Can you explain?
positive me

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Feb 10, 2013
That's sick! What an evil remark! It's on now.I never wish anything bad for anyone!I don't now who you are even though you posted your name.But I wish you a peaceful day.I'm so sad right now, My husband is getting ready for work right now as we speak, he's an officer, I pray he makes it home tonite. He's a really Great officer. I guess good cop bad cop. Really there not all rogue as you put it. Good people bad people.Sad thing about commenting on line is that we can say really hurtful things. Good job Sam

“Here's a interesting thought..”

Since: May 12

Vallejo

#10 Feb 10, 2013
postive me, your husband must have 1 hell-of-a long commute to Vallejo. I mean with a IP location ping from Arvada, Colorado how does he do it? Lear Jet maybe? BTW nice pad job Sam but you should really use a masking site closer to home then Colorado oh village idiot.
tony the traitor

Vallejo, CA

#11 Feb 10, 2013
see, here is one of the top rats now, condemning those who offer support to our police. he is a disgraced former cop that rolled for some gash.
crones disease

Vallejo, CA

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Casper the internet ghost wrote:
postive me, your husband must have 1 hell-of-a long commute to Vallejo. I mean with a IP location ping from Arvada, Colorado how does he do it? Lear Jet maybe? BTW nice pad job Sam but you should really use a masking site closer to home then Colorado oh village idiot.
You need to go to church this morning. Just saying. Ill pray for you okay?
broken record

Vallejo, CA

#14 Feb 10, 2013
It should be said that the Support rally was not in opposition to the the PROTEST by the Mitchels. If it was you would have seen signs saying "officer so and so didnt do it". No it was a quiet thank you to our cops. We want nothing to do with the Mitchels. Personally I dont even disagree with them. Not worth my time. Must suck to have to police that community every day.
Crybaby Union Thug

Vallejo, CA

#15 Feb 10, 2013
fund them yourself wrote:
sammie - you can fund as many police as you want, the taxpayers of Vallejo have other priorities. we value our police and just can't afford too many of them at the present salaries.
forget about having rallies, just organize your 20 foot soldiers and raise money. all in, you'll likely need to put aside upwards of $75K per year for each one you plan to fund - unless you renegotiate their generous salary and pension contributions.
more power to you and the people of vallejo will keep tabs on your success. although we are presently tapped out and will not be able to contribute much to your cause.
god speed, now get going and get your ducks in a row first - unlike your failed recall attempts.
Our priority is to clear the council of you VIBsters in November.
Crybaby Union Thug

Vallejo, CA

#17 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
longtime union family here that supports the positive changes in our v-town.
nothing wrong with unions, out-of-town union THUGS are the ones we don't support ... and there are many of us ready to support the new guard even if we have to do it quietly until the boys club is shown the door out.
Oh, boy, here we go with "Vallejo resident, Vallejo taxpayer, conditional union supporter". Baloney!! You still refuse to acknowledge, like many others, that your biased view is not that of the majority of us here in this town. We demonstrated the sentiments of the good people of Vallejo towards the anti-union crowd of VIB crybabies by taking Joanne Schivley and Tony Intintoli completely out of local politics. You saw that, yet still maintain "the citizens" are up in arms over unions because the membership is mostly out of towners? Wise UP! MOST of the union members across all 4 labor groups live somewhere else.
There's no more than about 300 of you dedicated crybabies representing the myth of wide support for some "new guard", "positive change", and whatever other optimistic yet unrealistic terms you throw out often. You got lucky in the last election, many people did not consider McConnell and Sampayan would join up with you. We won't let that happen again, guaranteed!
Crybaby Union Thug

Vallejo, CA

#19 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Well then the good people of vallejo have nothing to worry about - it was pretty clear to everyone where McConnell and Sampayan stood.
Face it - you spent many $$$ and got nothing for them, that was the beginning of the end for you.
No one is eager to go back to your "good ole days". That gravy train has left the station.
"was pretty clear to everyone where McConnell and Sampayan stood."
Baloney! A whole lot of voters do not follow the antics of the internet wars. People that voted for these two traitors will not do it again, especially Sampayan, a true puppet if ever there was one. Had no comment when Hannigan left, just like Gomes, scurried back to sit with Gomes and Brown when Jess was seated. Ahhh, home again, twirling pencils with Steph and gabbing while business is conducted.
Crybaby Thug

Vallejo, CA

#20 Feb 10, 2013
Crybaby Union Thug wrote:
<quoted text>"was pretty clear to everyone where McConnell and Sampayan stood."
Baloney! A whole lot of voters do not follow the antics of the internet wars. People that voted for these two traitors will not do it again, especially Sampayan, a true puppet if ever there was one. Had no comment when Hannigan left, just like Gomes, scurried back to sit with Gomes and Brown when Jess was seated. Ahhh, home again, twirling pencils with Steph and gabbing while business is conducted.
The traitors are thugs like you and Darden who abuse the people they are suppose to protect.
Crybaby Union Thug

Vallejo, CA

#22 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems someone can't count - the power has shifted back to the people.
The People, united, will never be defeated. Seems you have forgotten about a Measure that passed and stripped you of any remaining relevance you 'thought' you had.
We are in favor of more police - just go see Uncle Sammie for the funding, he is raising money right now for you. Just be careful he doesn't skip town with it.
2010(!)Measure A proponents assured us it would "put more cops on the streets." It was all baloney, we can see that now. Marti Brown will pay for this lie in November. "Hunker down" she said, we have no choice, with criminals roaming the streets, more confident every day.
simon sez

Vallejo, CA

#23 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems someone can't count - the power has shifted back to the people.
The People, united, will never be defeated. Seems you have forgotten about a Measure that passed and stripped you of any remaining relevance you 'thought' you had.
We are in favor of more police - just go see Uncle Sammie for the funding, he is raising money right now for you. Just be careful he doesn't skip town with it.
"the power has shifted back to the people". well then, we can count on the people rejecting the increase in funding to the housing department on tuesday, right? do the people want "to increase affordable housing", as is the mission statement of the housing department? if they approve it, it will just prove that nothing really has changed, or will, with regard to our core problem, poor farming. disagree?
simon sez

Vallejo, CA

#24 Feb 10, 2013
Crybaby Union Thug wrote:
<quoted text>2010(!)Measure A proponents assured us it would "put more cops on the streets." It was all baloney, we can see that now. Marti Brown will pay for this lie in November. "Hunker down" she said, we have no choice, with criminals roaming the streets, more confident every day.
lol, good one thug! that's what they said, gomes and brown. well, where are they? all politicians lie though.
Im Talking Now

Vallejo, CA

#25 Feb 10, 2013
simon sez wrote:
<quoted text>"the power has shifted back to the people". well then, we can count on the people rejecting the increase in funding to the housing department on tuesday, right? do the people want "to increase affordable housing", as is the mission statement of the housing department? if they approve it, it will just prove that nothing really has changed, or will, with regard to our core problem, poor farming. disagree?
These budget adjustments pop up frequently in growing the affordable housing program, always a consent calendar item. No one will pull it or vote to deny and the monster continues to grow right in their own house. The people that advocate and administer these programs do not live here, we are getting the shaft again and again no matter who is on council.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vallejo city manager's pay ranks 3rd in Bay Are... 2 hr ennui 27
Streets closed after chemical spill in Vallejo 2 hr ennui 3
News County will help children's group craft ballot ... 5 hr Kurshan Village I... 4
Vallejo City Council places Measure B extension... 7 hr Kurshan Village I... 13
Anne Carr: VMT/Orcem and Vallejo's gullibility 9 hr sam drives it home 85
SHAME on VALLEJO CITY COUNCIL 11 hr the way it is 2
District 2 hopefuls differ on childrenÂ’s tax me... 15 hr Greedy Union Thug 6

Vallejo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vallejo Mortgages