Vallejo's Glen Cove hit with double s...

Vallejo's Glen Cove hit with double shooting homicide

Posted in the Vallejo Forum

Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Vallejo's Glen Cove hit with double shooting homicide
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/news/ci_2169...

What appears to have been a Glen Cove neighbor dispute ended with the shooting deaths of two men Wednesday night.

Police arrested Martin Hohenegger, 65, of Vallejo, about 45 minutes after a police hostage negotiator convinced him to surrender. The names of the two victims, ages 50 and 58, were not immediately released.

Hohenegger, apparently a resident from one side of the 300 block of Foulkstone Way, allegedly crossed to a neighbor's driveway to confront the two men, while wielding a firearm, Vallejo police Lt. Jim O'Connell said. The type of firearm used was not immediately provided by police.

The incident occurred around 6 p.m., with neighbors reporting they heard six to eight shots, police said.

Soon after the shooting, apparent family members and friends of the victims huddled close together for comfort outside police caution tape, wailing in anguish when word of the double deaths reached them.

One visibly shaken neighbor said he knew the victims, and they were always sitting outside their garage. Other neighbors described the suspect, who had a U.S. Marine flag flying in his front yard, as a man known to possess guns.

The investigation continued after sundown, with portable lights brought in to illuminate the crime scene.

The deaths were the 17th and 18th homicides of 2012 in Vallejo.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#2 Oct 4, 2012
Retired Vallejo Marine kills 2, police say
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Retired-V...

A Marine was arrested for allegedly shooting and killing two of his neighbors in Vallejo, police said Thursday.

Officers received reports of shots fired on the 300 block of Foulkstone Way in the city's Glen Cove neighborhood at 6:09 p.m. Wednesday, said Vallejo police Sgt. Jeff Bassett.

Police found two men, ages 50 and 58, dead at the scene. Their names were not immediately released.

Officers identified a neighbor across the street, Martin Hohenegger, 65, as the suspect and summoned a negotiator to talk to him, Bassett said. A California Highway Patrol helicopter hovered overhead.

Hohenegger surrendered about 45 minutes later, police said.

All three men knew each other, Bassett said. Police did not disclose what led up to the shooting.

Hohenegger's home has a American flag and U.S. Marine flag out front. According to online profiles, Hohenegger served in the Marines from 1966 to 1968.

Police said he was known to own several guns.
dbcooper

San Rafael, CA

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Send him straight to prison see ya!!!!!!!
Anonymous Neighbor

Vallejo, CA

#5 Oct 13, 2012
This was a very tragic sense less shooting which has affected the entire neighborhood. We all new the victims and the shooter. There are so many factors which can't be explained. They were buddies who drank together almost every night, yes they argued about politics, and Vietnam, but none of us saw this coming. I was talking with them 5 minutes prior to the shooting and never seen it coming. I head the 5 shots and thought business as usual for the Vallejo area. I grieve for all three families who lives have been destroyed. Our neighbor hood will never be the same without the daily smiles and waves from Mike. Martin suffered from PTSD, to many medications, and alcohol.
As a veteran myself I see some major changes necessary from the VA who is treating PTSD. I also think veterans who have 100% VA disability for this should be better monitored, and I don't think they should have guns while being treated. This is a problem nationwide and too often returning veterans do not adjust well and snap.I will take these issue's to the VA to hopefully get the VA to make changes on how these veterans are monitored, and many need additional help. I put much of the blame on the VA system for not checking these veterans with home visits and ensuring they can't be a danger to themselves or society.
I have many friends who also have PTSD and the VA
gives them way to many drugs, but thy are pretty much on their own . Its very sad indeed
Got rest in peace Mike & Doug. I ask my neighbors to not hate Martin who has helped all of us neighbors, Forgive and lets hope Martin gets proper medical care. Martin will spend the rest of his life thinking about what he has done. So to me I lost 3 friends.
I am personally having a hard time coping with all the tragedy. Our close neighborhood will never be the same. All will be missed
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#6 Oct 13, 2012
"PTSD" is nothing but a PHONY excuse for people to abdicate THEIR Responsibility for their actions. More and more veterans, school age kids, and early retirees are using this absurd cop-out to excuse themselves from handling life's challenges and difficulities. Bogus claims to the Social Security Admin have grown exponentially over the past four years and far outpace the historic experience with this subject. Americans are getting softer and softer and less inclined to solve their own problems while expecting the "government" (that's US, the diminishing taxpayer) to mommy them and PAY them for doing nothing. "PSTD" my aching ass; get a life loosers.
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#7 Nov 25, 2012
Hey Wanglow, why don't you try serving for your country in a combat zone to protect assholes that don't deserve it like yourself, and then come back to people who don't have one ounce of appreciation for what they've done for you. My mom served 10 months in Afghanistan and pulled body after body off of a helicopter every day and nursed about 5 percent back to health because the other 95 percent were either already dead or mortally wounded. Why don't you try living through something like that and then speak from experience? You sound like a pompous jackass and have disrespected the entire military population that fight for your "right" to say stupid shit like that. If you want talk a little more about it, email me at [email protected] fucker.
Wanglows secretary

Vallejo, CA

#8 Nov 25, 2012
Mr. Wanglpow will be contacting you shortly. He has asked me to ask you if this is your correct email address:

[email protected]
Wanglows secretary

Vallejo, CA

#9 Nov 25, 2012
He would also like to know why it took you over a month to respond?
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#10 Nov 25, 2012
Its [email protected]

and because i just saw this post, felt the need to correct his ridiculous allegation.
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#11 Nov 25, 2012
How soon will he be responding? Also, let him know that although i used colorful language, i'm not looking to attack him. I want to understand why he 1)feels the way he does 2)examples of people he has actually met that are apparently "being paid to do nothing" considering you don't get a check for having PTSD and 3) why he felt the need to post it on this forum which was posted for the purpose of finding out what happened in this neighborhood. Please pass the message, thank you Wanglow's secretary.
pass this to your mama

Vallejo, CA

#12 Nov 25, 2012
Kaleigh Basso wrote:
How soon will he be responding? Also, let him know that although i used colorful language, i'm not looking to attack him. I want to understand why he 1)feels the way he does 2)examples of people he has actually met that are apparently "being paid to do nothing" considering you don't get a check for having PTSD and 3) why he felt the need to post it on this forum which was posted for the purpose of finding out what happened in this neighborhood. Please pass the message, thank you Wanglow's secretary.
bioya!
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#13 Nov 25, 2012
What exactly is bioya? Lol.
pass this to your mama

Vallejo, CA

#14 Nov 25, 2012
i agree with wanglow, most of these ptsd cases are scams. if you can't take combat, don't enlist, nobody made your mama enlist, so screw off.
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#15 Nov 25, 2012
pass this to your mama wrote:
i agree with wanglow, most of these ptsd cases are scams. if you can't take combat, don't enlist, nobody made your mama enlist, so screw off.
You seem really educated. My mom didn't enlist to go to war, she's a Navy nurse. Have you ever thought of the possibility that people join the military for other reasons than war? And that people don't get to choose whether to go to war, the Commander in Chief tells them they have to go. They also don't choose to have post traumatic stress disorder, and i will agree that there are a lot of people who use it as an excuse to get the medication. However, that doesn't mean the people who are actually struggling with the traumatic flashbacks of war, and the daily struggles of being a regular person should go untreated and not cared for. So telling me to screw off because you're too stupid to come up with any sort of educated response doesn't reflect badly on me. And to think our soldiers fight for the likes of people like you.
Jim in SF

Benicia, CA

#16 Nov 25, 2012
Kaleigh, don't post your business email address. I know you have some passion for this issue but it is not prudent to expose your employers email system to a public forum like this. Tell your Mom she is a great American and her work is appreciated by those of us here at home.
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#17 Nov 25, 2012
It's a school email. But understandable. Thank you Jim in SF I'll let her know.
11Bravo

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Nov 25, 2012
This combat Infantry vet also wishes to thank all medical providers who provided often the only hope for a future if you took a hit. For those of us who actually had to pull the trigger people who fire cowardly criticism about those who have fought and who help the combatants are irritants who do not have enough courage to do anything with any risk or good in it. If you are a family member of a combatant or direct support for combatants, have pride in knowing that what is accomplished is an honorable calling. PTSD is very real. For those who have been fortunate enough to never experience it, be thankful. For those who criticize from afar, put up or shut up. There is a recruiter office nearby who will help you into combat rotation if you already know so much.
Kaleigh Basso

Davis, CA

#19 Nov 25, 2012
I think i'm in love with you 11Bravo. Thank you for all you have done for me, our country, and the people who don't deserve it. Keep on keepin on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CCRC appeals La Clinica decision 3 hr Enter Username 9
Reflect on the good times in Vallejo past & pre... (Oct '08) 6 hr vallejo native 1,120
Liens loom for delinquent garbage accounts in S... 7 hr anonymos 3
Rand Paul Teams Up With Kamala Harris for Bail ... 9 hr you could do some... 2
Ex-Bill Clinton Pollster Urges Kamala Harris to... 9 hr you could do some... 3
Annual Powwow dazzles on Vallejo Waterfront 10 hr little brown sammie 3
California Judge Continues to Block Trumpís San... 13 hr Anonymous 1

Vallejo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vallejo Mortgages