Vallejo police chief Nichelini announ...

Vallejo police chief Nichelini announces retirement

Posted in the Vallejo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Jun 20, 2012
Vallejo police chief Nichelini announces retirement
After 17 years, former Oakland cop to join Pleasant Hill law firm
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/news/ci_2090...

Lured by a pending legal career and perhaps his own mortality, Robert Nichelini finally made official what has circulated as rumors for months: He's retiring as Vallejo police chief after 17 years, effective July 1.

Nearing 70, Nichelini said it was time to pursue other endeavors. He's expected to practice law part-time in Pleasant Hill.

"I never thought of it as 'I have to retire soon,'" Nichelini said Wednesday. "It's just the way things unfolded. I want the opportunity to try practicing law before I get too old."

Nichelini broke the news to his command staff at 3 p.m. Wednesday.

"It was starting to get out and I wanted to stop rumors," Nichelini said. "I waited until today so I would have a chance to see some of the staff at our regular meeting."

Nichelini said he had not spoken to Mayor Osby Davis or any other City Council members, but said, "I assume" they are aware of his retirement day.

"I have been discussing this with the city manager (Dan Keen) for several weeks," Nichelini said, getting final approval from PERS (public employees retirement system) last Saturday.

Nichelini said he contemplated retiring "about a year ago," but was asked to stay by then interim city manager Phil Batchelor.

"I always assumed I would retire when I was 70," Nichelini said, with a Nov. 29 milestone birthday. "I originally intended to stay until the end of the year."
Dickie the enraged -t-urd

Concord, CA

#2 Jun 20, 2012
This was all part of sammies plan! He made Schivley Meisner lose their elections and the Chief to retire.

sammie is a legend in his own mind.

LOL!

(t)urd enragement!
Relief

Castro Valley, CA

#3 Jun 20, 2012
I bet his son and hand picked successor are quaking in their boots. No more protection.

Thanks Dan Keen, you made my day!

Hmm, and aren't there some negotiations going on now...YESSSSS!
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#4 Jun 20, 2012
Best of Luck Chief Nichelini. Although I believe the Chief's explanation for his retirement I do know many of our local cops feel resentment and frustration over local Court's disheartening attude toward criminals. "Catch and Release", as well as "liberal" "judge's" predictably allowing the words or opinions of arresting officers to carry less weight than those of the defendants. Chasing down potentially dangerous sociopaths who, statistically are becoming more and more willing to lethally fight back, constantly being aware that your every move is probably caught on tape somewhere and the government-controlled, anti-police media is waiting to pounce and convict you in practically every situation, plus the general lack of respect and thanks that WE should all be extending to these men MUST weigh heavily on them, at all times. Cops don't do it for the Money only, most really want to keep our world safe for ALL our citizens, including themselves and their families. Vallejo NEVER had a "problem" with Police salaries or pensions UNTIL the democRATS, State and lOCAL killed our businesses, closed MI and refused to let REAL corporate investment get a chance on our beautiful town. WE have everything here in Vallejo yet the best thing the dolts down at the shitty haul can agree on is a pipe dream of some cut-rate grocery store and an abominable, over-budget parking eyesore dedicated to providing ANOTHER opportunity for muggers, riff-raff, pan-handlers and thieves. How about STARTING by doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to remove the death-grip the Lennar Corp. has on Vallejo and it's CITIZENS??????????
uts

San Jose, CA

#5 Jun 20, 2012
I doubt the Chief would stoop to reading the topics but here it is anyway..

Thank you for your service, and sacrifice.

My dad passed away on Nov. 29, he too wore the VPD badge for many years.

God bless our cops.
Dumb_Azz

Vallejo, CA

#7 Jun 20, 2012
So it all makes sense! Pearsall presenting with the chief tonight is just a way to make himself look like he knows what he is talking about and perhaps be a possible consideration for the position! Damn! Capt Lori Lee almost looks like a preferable selection now!!

The remaining cops would flee if Pearsall was even talked about being considered!
ill tell you what

Vallejo, CA

#8 Jun 20, 2012
standby for a request to spend 50k for a search firm to find a new one. i never did understand that.
Where Is MY Neck

South San Francisco, CA

#9 Jun 20, 2012
uts wrote:
I doubt the Chief would stoop to reading the topics but here it is anyway..
Thank you for your service, and sacrifice.
My dad passed away on Nov. 29, he too wore the VPD badge for many years.
God bless our cops.
Another one of sam's fantasies
uts

San Jose, CA

#10 Jun 20, 2012
Where Is MY Neck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of sam's fantasies
[email protected] you.
ill tell you what

Vallejo, CA

#11 Jun 20, 2012
pearsall couldn't pass a background for the job anyway. let him puff and blow like a big shot in his cheap suit, he's disgraced.
Samuel Kurshan

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Jun 20, 2012
Thank you Chief Nichelini,

For watching over and protecting Vallejo. You are a kind, compassionate and wise person whose leadership and role model ship will be greatly missed and difficult to replace, not only for your officers but for the many Vallejoans who looked up to you. Never let your small group of critics cause you to doubt for even a second, how much you are valued, appreciated and how much you will be missed. May God now watch over you and protect you where ever you are and where ever you go. Good luck to you!

Sincerely,

Sam Kurshan
bailey

San Mateo, CA

#13 Jun 20, 2012
Wanglow,

If you are going to rant at least use paragraphs.
Wanglow wrote:
Best of Luck Chief Nichelini. Although I believe the Chief's explanation for his retirement I do know many of our local cops feel resentment and frustration over local Court's disheartening attude toward criminals. "Catch and Release", as well as "liberal" "judge's" predictably allowing the words or opinions of arresting officers to carry less weight than those of the defendants. Chasing down potentially dangerous sociopaths who, statistically are becoming more and more willing to lethally fight back, constantly being aware that your every move is probably caught on tape somewhere and the government-controlled, anti-police media is waiting to pounce and convict you in practically every situation, plus the general lack of respect and thanks that WE should all be extending to these men MUST weigh heavily on them, at all times. Cops don't do it for the Money only, most really want to keep our world safe for ALL our citizens, including themselves and their families. Vallejo NEVER had a "problem" with Police salaries or pensions UNTIL the democRATS, State and lOCAL killed our businesses, closed MI and refused to let REAL corporate investment get a chance on our beautiful town. WE have everything here in Vallejo yet the best thing the dolts down at the shitty haul can agree on is a pipe dream of some cut-rate grocery store and an abominable, over-budget parking eyesore dedicated to providing ANOTHER opportunity for muggers, riff-raff, pan-handlers and thieves. How about STARTING by doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to remove the death-grip the Lennar Corp. has on Vallejo and it's CITIZENS??????????
Filing For Disability

Vacaville, CA

#14 Jun 20, 2012
Chief Nick is actually going out on a disability and will receive a tax free benefit and full medical that he doesn't have to pay for. So he will be joining the millionaire club.
Filing For Disability

Vacaville, CA

#15 Jun 20, 2012
And gee, did you hear? Crime in Vallejo is the lowest it's been for 17 years according to the Chief. Sort of re-enforces what Schuessel said. Imagine that!
Captain

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Jun 20, 2012
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Thank you Chief Nichelini,
For watching over and protecting Vallejo. You are a kind, compassionate and wise person whose leadership and role model ship will be greatly missed and difficult to replace, not only for your officers but for the many Vallejoans who looked up to you. Never let your small group of critics cause you to doubt for even a second, how much you are valued, appreciated and how much you will be missed. May God now watch over you and protect you where ever you are and where ever you go. Good luck to you!
Sincerely,
Sam Kurshan
Sam, that was a very nice comment. While I'm sure some of your comments are accurate let's not forget that Chief Nichelini has been an extremeley well compensated absantee police chief. When is the last time anyone has seen him out in front of the many issues that deserve his attention/leadership? While he told the VPOA you guys can't do that (cut our numbers but don't touch our pay or benefits) he ultimately endorsed one of the worst contracts imaginable - to the detriment of both the department and the tax payers.

I'm sure he has done many good things for Vallejo in the past but the last several years have been a bust. Best wishes to the chief and his bloated pension - time to move forward.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Samuel Kurshan

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#17 Jun 20, 2012
Captain,

I did not make my comments for the purpose of you analyzing them, criticizing them and then patronizing me, in that order.

I do not wish to have any dialogue occur between you and I. I agree with 100% of nothing you say here.

In the future I will not respond to you directly and
in closing, please drop dead as soon as possible.

Judged:

13

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Recall Is Dead

Vacaville, CA

#18 Jun 20, 2012
I suppose if I were you, I'd try to slink back under that rock you crawled out from under too. All things considered.

You do know that the Chief will never see your comments don't you?
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Captain,
I did not make my comments for the purpose of you analyzing them, criticizing them and then patronizing me, in that order.
I do not wish to have any dialogue occur between you and I. I agree with 100% of nothing you say here.
In the future I will not respond to you directly and
in closing, please drop dead as soon as possible.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Samuel Kurshan

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#19 Jun 20, 2012
Actually He has. I sent them to him directly prior to posting them here.

You sure waste a lot of energy on me here and for what gain? You get no answers to any political questions directed to me and you will never live to see the day that you do.

You are reduced to making fun of me, a person who is not affected and is only slightly amused by you presence.

Keep trolling away though. Please do not stop.

Its a dirty job and someone has to do it.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Where Is MY Neck

South San Francisco, CA

#20 Jun 21, 2012
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Captain,
I did not make my comments for the purpose of you analyzing them, criticizing them and then patronizing me, in that order.
I do not wish to have any dialogue occur between you and I. I agree with 100% of nothing you say here.
In the future I will not respond to you directly and
in closing, please drop dead as soon as possible.
I heard the Captain is organizing a search party to help find your neck Sam
sam is a failure

Vacaville, CA

#21 Jun 21, 2012
I'm sure the Chief would rather you stop expending his resources by acting like a real man and not having to be arrested again or causing people to have to call for assistance because you are behaving badly.
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Actually He has. I sent them to him directly prior to posting them here.
You sure waste a lot of energy on me here and for what gain? You get no answers to any political questions directed to me and you will never live to see the day that you do.
You are reduced to making fun of me, a person who is not affected and is only slightly amused by you presence.
Keep trolling away though. Please do not stop.
Its a dirty job and someone has to do it.
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crooks nab $8,000 in cigarettes from 7-Eleven i... 13 min Mrs Shihsquee ova... 5
Robots could take over 38% of U.S. jobs within ... 43 min Anonymous 10
City council to review VMT/Orcem appeal in May 54 min Anonymous 11
Carmen Cassius: Dr. Bishop's triumphs 2 hr Mrs Shihsquee ova... 6
Faraday Quits Vallejo 6 hr Here we go 12
Police are leaving in large numbers 6 hr Here we go 82
Robots could replace 1.7 million American truck... 13 hr the old chinaman 3

Vallejo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vallejo Mortgages