Homeless Vallejo woman found dead, al...

Homeless Vallejo woman found dead, along with her dog

There are 17 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Homeless Vallejo woman found dead, along with her dog. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Some of the people who gave her food periodically offered Johanna Dilag and her dog Muggles a quiet send-off Tuesday after the two were found dead in their tent in a wooded area behind a Vallejo car dealership on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

gimmie gimmie gimmie

Atherton, CA

#1 Apr 25, 2012
a veteran of homelessness, puke puke liberals make me puke. she was a bum, allowed to live a bums life by liberals, she could have been put in a home or hospital but " NO " liberals allowed her to die in the weeds !
Salty Dog

Vallejo, CA

#2 Apr 25, 2012
She was also someone's child and the center of a parent's hopes for many years. She laughed and cried and hurt and found pleasure even in small things.

She became a casualty of life in a smug society that doesn't seem to care too much as the getting and the taking and the toiling takes the place of compassion and empathy.

Rest in peace, Johanna, we will be joining you shortly.
Filthy City

Vallejo, CA

#3 Apr 26, 2012
Too many tax free, non-profit organizations in Vallejo that feed the hungry, the destitute and boldly emblazoned in the front page of the Herald. For sure those who knew her were aware of her problems, I guess Jesus missed her name or she was not even on the list.
Wanglow

San Carlos, CA

#5 Apr 26, 2012
Too bad about the dog.
Anonymous

Escalon, CA

#6 Apr 26, 2012
We didn't know that she moved out from her Aunt and became homeless anyway God knows everything, may you rest in peace Johanna, we will pray for you and your love ones.
wow

United States

#7 Apr 27, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:
She was also someone's child and the center of a parent's hopes for many years. She laughed and cried and hurt and found pleasure even in small things.
She became a casualty of life in a smug society that doesn't seem to care too much as the getting and the taking and the toiling takes the place of compassion and empathy.
Rest in peace, Johanna, we will be joining you shortly.
many of the residents of "Marti Brown's own Tent City will also perish if allowed to live in tents during cold Vallejo winter nights.
bad idea!
GOBs of Money

Vallejo, CA

#8 Apr 27, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
many of the residents of "Marti Brown's own Tent City will also perish if allowed to live in tents during cold Vallejo winter nights.
bad idea!
A very good point. Tent cities are not going to happen in this town. That's the last insane straw from Brown.
Bible Thumper

Vallejo, CA

#9 Apr 27, 2012
Isn't Vallejo supposed to be a town that takes care of its homeless, there's always news about them being involved in starting fires in the bushes and buildings?

Revelations 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
Wanglow

Saratoga, CA

#10 Apr 27, 2012
"and, if no man answers I will go around back, break out a window and steal anything I can get my filthy hands on".
Naso

Vallejo, CA

#11 Apr 27, 2012
Bible Thumper wrote:
Isn't Vallejo supposed to be a town that takes care of its homeless, there's always news about them being involved in starting fires in the bushes and buildings?
Revelations 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
You should start helping the homeless starting today.
Bible Thumper

Vallejo, CA

#12 Apr 27, 2012
But she didn't, she would rather die with her pet dog than steal. After all she is God's creation, not one with a devilish thought.
Bible Thumper

Vallejo, CA

#13 Apr 27, 2012
Naso wrote:
<quoted text>You should start helping the homeless starting today.
After you Nacho, you should lead by example.
Bible Thumper

Vallejo, CA

#14 Apr 27, 2012
Wanglow wrote:
"and, if no man answers I will go around back, break out a window and steal anything I can get my filthy hands on".
But she didn't, she would rather die with her pet dog than steal. After all she is God's creation, not one with a devilish thought.
Naso

Vallejo, CA

#15 Apr 27, 2012
Bible Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
After you Nacho, you should lead by example.
I gave a homeless guy ten bucks and have a homeless woman staying with me for free, your move now stud.
galvezpaulmichae l

Quezon City, Philippines

#16 May 30, 2012
please help us to get the ashes of my sister.she’s a filipina and my sister.we just found out this last sunday night.my mother is grieving for what happen to her.we never thought that this could happen to my sister,she lives in my aunts house MRS ELVISA ALEJANDRO.she has a mental institution,she owns a 4 door appartment and her husband works in the government.a month has passed and we never knew anything she didnt bother to tell us what happened.MRS elvisa alejandro is my moms sister.please give us an info where my sister is you can call us at +639334512830 PLEASE HELP US
Friend of Johanna

Vallejo, CA

#17 May 30, 2012
Paul Michael, Please email Vallejo Together at [email protected] They should be able to lead you in the right direction. Sorry for your loss.
Filthy City

Vallejo, CA

#18 May 30, 2012
She would have been better off working in Japan or Korea instead of the U.S. To become a homeless in this country is to become a victim of hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vallejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report says terminal, cement facility to have n... 53 min Silent Knight 25
One-third of Bay Area residents hope to leave s... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Del Beccaro: My Plan to Solve California’s Wate... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Thousands of California Democrats vie to be pre... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Ralph Reed tells Republicans 'God is at work in... 2 hr Anonymous 1
California budget flunks Moody’s fiscal 'stress... 2 hr Anonymous 1
VMT/Orcem Environmental Justice Report 4 hr Molly 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vallejo Mortgages