Official 2018 Hurricane Season Thread

Official 2018 Hurricane Season Thread

Posted in the Valdosta Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
dwags

United States

#2 Wednesday Sep 5
Hurricane Florence doing work

https://imgur.com/a/m4CmAAh
dwags

United States

#3 Wednesday Sep 5
models are all over the place, with some having it hit Charleston at a cat 5

others have it going back into the ocean

and bad news that water temps off the coast of Africa just got warmer, so we might be in for a bad September
dwags

United States

#4 Wednesday Sep 5
I'm just an amateur, but it looks to me she gone take a turn to the north
dwags

United States

#5 Wednesday Sep 5
though the EURO, who usually gets it right, is not painting a pretty picture

https://imgur.com/a/pVKoShW
dwags

United States

#6 Wednesday Sep 5
here's what Ventusky has her doing next Saturday (the 14th)

https://imgur.com/a/axBrFah
Bart

United States

#7 Thursday Sep 6
Africa bout to lodge another one our way (possible Issac)

https://imgur.com/a/yBWklZJ
dwags

United States

#8 Friday Sep 7
ouch at that EURO, not looking good for NC/VA coast

https://imgur.com/a/ioTwJcS
dwags

United States

#9 Friday Sep 7
oof, that model was from about 11 last night
new models have it pummeling both Carolinas
dwags

United States

#10 Friday Sep 7
I'm still feeling an outer banks/va area hit, if it doesn't turn north

I'm no weatherman though (yet)

Helena and Issac are coming off Africa hot too
Bart

United States

#11 Friday Sep 7
https://imgur.com/a/crt430R

ouch. shouldn't have predicted that now
Bart

United States

#12 Saturday Sep 8
94L forming in front of Florence may make an impact on her behavior

all these guys are meanies

https://imgur.com/a/TJ5zJuQ
Bart

United States

#13 Saturday Sep 8
Ventusky looking like a Van Gogh in the atlantic between US and Africa (two swirlies following right behind Flo)
plmu

Raleigh, NC

#14 Saturday Sep 8
Bart wrote:
Ventusky looking like a Van Gogh in the atlantic between US and Africa (two swirlies following right behind Flo)
R U L E ateing??
Bart

United States

#15 Saturday Sep 8
plmu wrote:
<quoted text>
R U L E ateing??
I don't know what that means, but you better be going to raid the walmart for milk and bread right about now
plum

Raleigh, NC

#16 Saturday Sep 8
Bart wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't know what that means, but you better be going to raid the walmart for milk and bread right about now
You spoke of 'swirls'.

Was attempting to 'be cool' and inquire if you had perhaps consumed 'L'?
Southern

United States

#17 Saturday Sep 8
plum wrote:
<quoted text>
You spoke of 'swirls'.

Was attempting to 'be cool' and inquire if you had perhaps consumed 'L'?
Lol no, not today. Though I think I might have thrown myself over the “casualty threshold” last weekend.

When do I get to drool all over the flowers in my moms garden for the rest of my life?
LilDawg

Douglas, GA

#18 Saturday Sep 8
Southern wrote:
<quoted text>

Lol no, not today. Though I think I might have thrown myself over the “casualty threshold” last weekend.

When do I get to drool all over the flowers in my moms garden for the rest of my life?
Why wait? Luve carelessly. Start today.
Southern

United States

#19 Saturday Sep 8
LilDawg wrote:
<quoted text>

Why wait? Luve carelessly. Start today.
I started that about 20 years ago
plum

Raleigh, NC

#20 Sunday Sep 9
Still liking ventusky(*)com

Can use it's predictive power by setting the date forward to th, fr, sa, su

Maybe look at wind gusts or rainfall?

Said this before... stand with your back to the wind... take your left hand and point kinda behind you... that is the location of the center of the low (the eye of the storm)... quick and dirty.

Since: Apr 16

Location hidden

#21 Sunday Sep 9
plum wrote:
Still liking ventusky(*)com

Can use it's predictive power by setting the date forward to th, fr, sa, su

Maybe look at wind gusts or rainfall?

Said this before... stand with your back to the wind... take your left hand and point kinda behind you... that is the location of the center of the low (the eye of the storm)... quick and dirty.
Well Plum, looks like Florence will miss Jacksonville but,.. it may hit your area. Navy is moving ships from that area on down South.

Good luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdosta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kavanaugh Confirmation 6 min plum 151
New Evidence 30 min edward 3,149
maga (Nov '16) 39 min respect 2,239
NRA Chapter 6 - National Russian Association 46 min respect 29
Take a knee (Sep '17) 1 hr TOM76 759
Fail Train Values 3 hr Bart 1
That Mullethead from Fresno (Nunes) 4 hr Bart 27

Valdosta Jobs

Personal Finance

Valdosta Mortgages