brooks county sheriff cars
OMG

Moultrie, GA

#44 May 12, 2012
tired of taxes wrote:
<quoted text>
give me a break when my daughter with my young granddaughter gets a gun pulled on them In quitman and when questioned the say they want to go home safe too. That stupid And what your saying is too. Over a speeding ticket. I've served my country for 8 years and I'm a small weapons expert 4 years overseas in harms way so don't blow smoke. By the way most police and deputies in brooks don't know the gun laws and as far as my wife and daughter and granddaughter they shoot straight so keep your gov bs we don't need it
What i'm saying is NOT stupid, it is fact. It's not my opinion; however, everything that you have written is YOUR opinion. I'm only correcting your misguided idea of having NO or fewer local law enforcement and allowing a few Troopers to do everything.

I have no idea what happened to your family, I don't really care. I just think if you're going to say something as fact know what you're talking about. Another fact is ALL law enforcement officers regardless of where they work ALL have to go through the same police academy to be POST certified to work in Georgia. So if Brooks county and Quitman deputies and officers don't know gun laws then no other law enforcement officer in the state does either. As a concerned citizens you should probably contact the state and inform them that they are certifying men and woman that do not know gun laws.

Before you start, no i'm not in law enforcement, no I have never been in law enforcement, no I don't want to be in law enforcement, yes I do repsect them, EMT and Firemen for all they do and the little pay they get to do it and YES I love and support my husband that's puts on a uniform and goes out everyday to protect me and even you, although you don't need him or want him to, he does it anyway diligently and faithfully.

Nothing in the post is my opinion it is all fact, facts that if you put a little time into it you can verify for yourself. You can argue my opinions vs. your opinions all day but facts are facts.
OMG

Moultrie, GA

#45 May 12, 2012
tired of taxes wrote:
<quoted text>
and as far as if I get in an accident I could care less when law enforcement gets there as long as the emts get there Don't get me wrong I respect the law just not the ones that think they are the answer and we can't survive without them and everyone that don't carry a badge is a bad guy and all civilians owe them
Keep in mind that law enforcement officers are first responders also!!! They may just be the ones that save your life in the case of a wreck if they are close by and an ambulance has to come from over 20 miles away. In any job regardless of what it is there are always people who think they are above everything and everyone else. That's NOT just a law enforcement problem that is a personality flaw in that specific individual. Don't judge all officers and the entire profession based on a few.
tax payer

Adel, GA

#46 May 12, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>What i'm saying is NOT stupid, it is fact. It's not my opinion; however, everything that you have written is YOUR opinion. I'm only correcting your misguided idea of having NO or fewer local law enforcement and allowing a few Troopers to do everything.

I have no idea what happened to your family, I don't really care. I just think if you're going to say something as fact know what you're talking about. Another fact is ALL law enforcement officers regardless of where they work ALL have to go through the same police academy to be POST certified to work in Georgia. So if Brooks county and Quitman deputies and officers don't know gun laws then no other law enforcement officer in the state does either. As a concerned citizens you should probably contact the state and inform them that they are certifying men and woman that do not know gun laws.

Before you start, no i'm not in law enforcement, no I have never been in law enforcement, no I don't want to be in law enforcement, yes I do repsect them, EMT and Firemen for all they do and the little pay they get to do it and YES I love and support my husband that's puts on a uniform and goes out everyday to protect me and even you, although you don't need him or want him to, he does it anyway diligently and faithfully.

Nothing in the post is my opinion it is all fact, facts that if you put a little time into it you can verify for yourself. You can argue my opinions vs. your opinions all day but facts are facts.
you make my case you and your uniformed man don't care what happened to my family. As far as knowing facts I looked up ga gun laws and then started Asking different law officers and received different answers from all of them. As far as pay they receive more than the average civilian. I do respect the ones that act professionally and do there jobs.
tax payer

Adel, GA

#47 May 12, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind that law enforcement officers are first responders also!!! They may just be the ones that save your life in the case of a wreck if they are close by and an ambulance has to come from over 20 miles away. In any job regardless of what it is there are always people who think they are above everything and everyone else. That's NOT just a law enforcement problem that is a personality flaw in that specific individual. Don't judge all officers and the entire profession based on a few.
your right and I don't judge that cop that Hides in berlin ga he's just doing his job making money for his town. Lets not talk about morven or several other little towns around and no I've not gotten a ticket in any of them but I did get broken into once.No they didn't catch them oh! we need more law inforcement. Give me a break
OMG

Moultrie, GA

#48 May 13, 2012
I'm choosing to end this pointless conversation with you. I wish you all the best in your future endevours.
BNTHRSNITDNIT

Valdosta, GA

#49 Aug 22, 2012
I'd like for all county commissioners, and concerned citizens, to inquire about how many Brooks County city and county employees drive city and county owned vehicles home every night when they are not on call. One should not be allowed to use a government owned vehicle for the sole purpose of getting to and from work - and using government bought and paid for gasoline in that vehicle. It's a sweet setup if you have it, but I, as a Brooks County taxpayer, co-own that vehicle and the gasoline put in it with other taxpayers. If you can drive it for personal reasons, any taxpayer should be able to drop by and take it for a ride any day or night. Let's stop it and save money. My taxes are high enough!
smtyherityu

Hahira, GA

#50 Aug 22, 2012
BNTHRSNITDNIT wrote:
I'd like for all county commissioners, and concerned citizens, to inquire about how many Brooks County city and county employees drive city and county owned vehicles home every night when they are not on call. One should not be allowed to use a government owned vehicle for the sole purpose of getting to and from work - and using government bought and paid for gasoline in that vehicle. It's a sweet setup if you have it, but I, as a Brooks County taxpayer, co-own that vehicle and the gasoline put in it with other taxpayers. If you can drive it for personal reasons, any taxpayer should be able to drop by and take it for a ride any day or night. Let's stop it and save money. My taxes are high enough!
Mr. High and mighty tax payer the reason for the take home car is so that the officers can respond quicker to an incident, let me give you an example when the father snatched the child in very cold weather from his parents car deputies were dispatched from their home and able to go straight to the scene instead of wasting valuable time going to the office and then to the scene. The squad car is their office all the equipment they need are inside the car. So before you talk about an officer taking the car home put yourself or your loved ones in a bad situation and wonder in an extreme emergency why it took so long for all deputies to get to you.
brooks

Carbondale, IL

#51 Aug 22, 2012
smtyherityu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. High and mighty tax payer the reason for the take home car is so that the officers can respond quicker to an incident, let me give you an example when the father snatched the child in very cold weather from his parents car deputies were dispatched from their home and able to go straight to the scene instead of wasting valuable time going to the office and then to the scene. The squad car is their office all the equipment they need are inside the car. So before you talk about an officer taking the car home put yourself or your loved ones in a bad situation and wonder in an extreme emergency why it took so long for all deputies to get to you.
Do we not have a 24hour department? Why are Deputies being dispatched from their houses?
smtyherityu

Hahira, GA

#52 Aug 23, 2012
brooks wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we not have a 24hour department? Why are Deputies being dispatched from their houses?
If you would have read and comprehended the above statement you would have gotten the statement! Let me break it down for you. When an emergency comes about such as the snatched child by his Meth Head father the Sheriff called everyone in to try and get the child before the cold weather took a toll. Many emergency situations can and have arose that requires Deputies to be called in from their home. Just for your information a Law Enforcement Officer is never off duty he or she is subject to be called in at anytime 24 hra. a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
brooks

Carbondale, IL

#53 Aug 23, 2012
And you called someone else "high and mighty". I am guessing you are a law enforcement officer due to your knowledge of specifics. In that case, I would say your interpersonal relations skills are sub-par. Making a point or argument CAN be done in a way that does not make you sound like a jerk off.

To add, I comprehended your failed statement just fine. No where in it did you ever indicate that the dispatched deputies were for added support. Your statement reads like the on-duty deputies were dispatched from their houses.

Your failure in articulation and candor oozes rookie. I hope you don't prepare your criminal cases in the same way.
tired of taxes

Valdosta, GA

#54 Aug 23, 2012
smtyherityu wrote:
<quoted text>If you would have read and comprehended the above statement you would have gotten the statement! Let me break it down for you. When an emergency comes about such as the snatched child by his Meth Head father the Sheriff called everyone in to try and get the child before the cold weather took a toll. Many emergency situations can and have arose that requires Deputies to be called in from their home. Just for your information a Law Enforcement Officer is never off duty he or she is subject to be called in at anytime 24 hra. a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
what a bunch of bs so everyone that drive a car home is on 24 hour call? What if they have a beer among other things like go out of town come up with something better
smtyherityu

Hahira, GA

#55 Aug 23, 2012
tired of taxes wrote:
<quoted text>
what a bunch of bs so everyone that drive a car home is on 24 hour call? What if they have a beer among other things like go out of town come up with something better
Then they are responsible enough as I would hope you are to call their respective supervisors and let them know! Bottom line is take home cars always have and always will be in our communities due to our population!
smtyherityu

Hahira, GA

#56 Aug 23, 2012
brooks wrote:
And you called someone else "high and mighty". I am guessing you are a law enforcement officer due to your knowledge of specifics. In that case, I would say your interpersonal relations skills are sub-par. Making a point or argument CAN be done in a way that does not make you sound like a jerk off.
To add, I comprehended your failed statement just fine. No where in it did you ever indicate that the dispatched deputies were for added support. Your statement reads like the on-duty deputies were dispatched from their houses.
Your failure in articulation and candor oozes rookie. I hope you don't prepare your criminal cases in the same way.
read from the statement the Sheriff called everyone in! on duty as well as off duty. you read it wrong slow down and try again it will make sense then you are to quick to put down on paper something negative.
tired of taxes

Valdosta, GA

#57 Aug 23, 2012
smtyherityu wrote:
<quoted text>Then they are responsible enough as I would hope you are to call their respective supervisors and let them know! Bottom line is take home cars always have and always will be in our communities due to our population!
I have no problem with some of what you're saying but it kind of blows it out of the water when you see non emergency cars taken home and see them in other county's and in other towns that is not in brooks. But I didn't know that it was such a high crime county or I wouldn't have moved there.
brooks

Carbondale, IL

#58 Aug 23, 2012
smtyherityu wrote:
<quoted text>
read from the statement the Sheriff called everyone in! on duty as well as off duty. you read it wrong slow down and try again it will make sense then you are to quick to put down on paper something negative.
Please show me where it says 'the Sheriff called everyone in". Go back to school rookie.

And to answer the other guy's observation, the crime is not that high here. Our Law enforcement just blows chunks, take for instance this moron who can't even quote his own statement.
tired of taxes

Valdosta, GA

#59 Aug 23, 2012
brooks wrote:
<quoted text>Please show me where it says 'the Sheriff called everyone in". Go back to school rookie.

And to answer the other guy's observation, the crime is not that high here. Our Law enforcement just blows chunks, take for instance this moron who can't even quote his own statement.
lol thats what I was trying to say there is no crime wave in brooks that's why I love living there. Btw why does the lowndes dog catcher drive there truck to quitman? They might have an emergency? Oh that's where they live.
Fact

Hahira, GA

#60 Aug 24, 2012
tired of taxes wrote:
<quoted text>
lol thats what I was trying to say there is no crime wave in brooks that's why I love living there. Btw why does the lowndes dog catcher drive there truck to quitman? They might have an emergency? Oh that's where they live.
You sir live with your eyes wide shut! No crime here come on!!!! there is more theft than you can shake a stick at! Ask any farmer better yet get a scanner and just listen. The object is not to take cars home for pleasure but instead if needed they can respond quicker if needed. If they shave 15 minutes off getting to certain calls it could mean life or death think of it that way. Deputies make less than 12 hr. here for putting their life on the line, you might look at as a little more money saving their gas to come to work.
brooks

Carbondale, IL

#61 Aug 24, 2012
He said "no crime wave" not "no crime".
Fact

Hahira, GA

#62 Aug 24, 2012
brooks wrote:
He said "no crime wave" not "no crime".
Again read it dont just look at it. It is obvious you have a problem with law enforcement so I will say goodnight this conversation is going nowhere
brooks

Carbondale, IL

#63 Aug 24, 2012
If you can't handle a debate, go get your sippy cup, blankie and take a nap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdosta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court of Appeals 8 min Good Blue 26
Melt Thread II (Jan '16) 1 hr Southern 2,961
Court of appeal 2 hr TOM67 2
Take a knee 4 hr TOM67 415
Lol at Supremacists > 5 hr Southern 48
RIP Tom 5 hr Southern 23
maga (Nov '16) 5 hr Southern 1,894

Valdosta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance