Cordova, Alaska's reaction to Supreme Court Exxon Valdez decisi...

Full story: KTVA Anchorage

Shock rippled through Cordova Wednesday when the Supreme Court Exxon Valdez decision was announced.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Dan

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

I still remember a bumper sticker I saw just after it happened...

EXXON
We don't care
We don't have to care

These clowns don't get a dime of my money if I can help it.
TERRYNSV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

sure they were upset, they lost their gravy train, figured they could all retire on the backs of a large corporation accident. imagine that.
tim

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

it seems like you're jealous terry. the chugach corporation went bankrupt because of the spill, many fishermen and women lost income because of this spill. the fact that we are rebounding from this ecological tragedy is a testament to alaskans.
the fact that you think us greedy, lazy alaskans don't deserve any compensation shows your ignorance of life up here. most of us are self sufficient, hard working people, that could survive and thrive where folks like you would shrivel and die. you know your state could have set up a program for the people of california, like the permanent fund in alaska, that would ensure some compensation for the removal of natural resources in your state. it is not our fault that you don't. by the way any amount of monies that would be compensated for the spill would not be enough to retire on. stop whining and get real.
Grace Treffers

Palmer, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

I agree totally with you tim. Terry walk a mile in an alaska Native or even an alaska's shoes, IT WAS THE PRICIPLE!!! As an alaskan and pioneer of almost 41 years, not only did I fish alaskan waters with my father, my mother worked hard in the 20s and 30s in the cannery's.Terry your from CA what do you know about Alaska? You live in a liberal, imoral big brother state. The money that we do recive will NEVER bring back the natural wildlife, the fishing to the fullest, nor the land. What would you know about that.When I was a kid I went to the puget sound for my dinner and you problebly went to your local mCdonalds. Dan Thank you for understanding about alaska from Washington, my other family lives there. Terry keep your opinion to your self unless you have acually lived what tim and I have. Also Please stay in California.

Grace Treffers~Daughter, Sister and Mother of a Third Generation of Fisherman from Cordova
Angillan

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Again, Out of State (drunkard Exxon capt.) Joe Hazelwood representing a Corporate greed Exxon to its fullest without compensating Alaskan's by paying the Supreme Court not to settle is just as saying "it don't matter, it never did", No wonder the United States alway's broke and then the out of State people come up and say "Lot's of money to make up here, good fishing and hunting,the hell with the Alaskan Resident's", This is OUR LAND AND WATER, WE ARE THE REAL RESIDENT'S here.
cynwoman

Apple Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

This does not suprise me at all,even though it is the Supreme Court,they are still controled by the govt. and big oil companys.Just look who is in office George Bush,OILMAN.
Alaskared

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

What a bunch of bull...... Any judge worth His office, would not have let this go on for twenty years to begin with, I would think he must be being paid, If I was a Judge , they would have paid much more just for stretching it out for all of those years, and as a matter of fact, a REAL JUDGE would NOT HAVE LET THEM!!!!!!!!!!
Alaskared

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

What A JOKE<<<<<< <<<< BAD JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
wah

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

tough to get fair decision when this is what we elect to office to reoresent THE PEOPLE ha ha the Table of Contents - George Bush: The Unauthorized BiographyComplete text of the work by Webster G. Tarpley and Anton Chaitkin. Read each chapter online, or download entire book in .ZIP format.
www.tarpley.net/bushb.htm -
click on link great book
Muddy

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

wah wrote:
tough to get fair decision when this is what we elect to office to reoresent THE PEOPLE ha ha the Table of Contents - George Bush: The Unauthorized BiographyComplete text of the work by Webster G. Tarpley and Anton Chaitkin. Read each chapter online, or download entire book in .ZIP format.
www.tarpley.net/bushb.htm -
click on link great book
True...and also, the former half-governor of Alaska chanting "drill baby drill."
Olive

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Valdez Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Valdez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance