Pebble Mine meeting slated

Feb 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Clarion Dispatch

A discussion hosted by a group opposing the construction of Pebble Mine in the headwaters of Bristol Bay will offer residents a chance to dig a little deeper into their case.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
blue_zinc

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

The business of shrewdness: animal rights, human rights, State rights for Alaska? Anglo America is America? or just reliance on the hard life and spirit of the tenacious of Alaska? work for what? pound for pound, compared to the American dollar?, the homeless? what are the pros and cons, the give and take within the limits of Alaska? The people of Alaska depend on what to survive? What? outstripe Alaska to benefit who? What? no work, no money, and in a depress State? What? Alaska people are doing nothing?
blue_zinc

Berlin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

Chicagotribune. April 25, 2009 taken from Los Angeles times, Sept. 1, 2007

The business of the haves ( Alaska ) and have not ( Canada, London )
The haves: Alaska in salmon, feeding millions, gold and copper worth about $300 billion.
" The dilema is whether Alaskans will have to choose between the two" who? the have-nots: Canada and London? A Canadian company has " discovered" North America deposits of 300 billion? or London-based Anglo American, announced it would spend 1.4 for a 50% partnership to mind the metal ( 300 billion ).
Northern Dynasty officials scoff at what they call an alarmist campaign: who is in control of Alaska? the working people, the underclass of Alaska? or the foreign social structure lands of Canada and London? how UNAMERICAN and competitive. What % will the working class, the underclass of Alaska get? after Canada and London are through with Alaska?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Valdez Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Valdez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance