Palin claim on eBay plane sale doesn't fly

Full story: Chicago Tribune

JUNEAU, Alaska - When Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin sought to illustrate her frugality and flair to delegates at the GOP convention Wednesday, she described how she disposed of a corporate jet acquired by her ...
Comments
601 - 618 of 618 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2008
First Prev
of 31
Next Last
independent thought

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

the emperor is naked wrote:
<quoted text>
She sold it for $300K less than she listed it on ebay for. Either way it wasn't the "profit" McCain claimed was it?
Profit is not the difference between what something is listed for and what something sells for. Profit is the difference between what something sells for and what something "costs" or what the depreciated value is.
Mowog

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

LMAO1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You really are too stupid to tell when someone is satirizing you, aren't you?
Uh, um, uh, um....
LMAO.
More proof.
johnny

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Palin didn't have to imply that it was sold on e-bay, there is video that was shown on all of the news networks of McCain saying, with Palin standing by his side, "She sold it on e-bay...and she sold it for a profit". Both lies.
Millie Perry wrote:
If Palin said she "put it on eBay" and you say she implied it sold on eBay, please explain how this "doesn't fly". You made an inference; she didn't imply anything. Is this your big "gotcha"? Does anyone really question the left-wing bias in the media? This is a great example of it. By the way, I'd really like to hear more about what's in those Annenberg papers at UIC, or haven't you bothered with that?
TYn

Reading, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

How come noone is seeing through this. John McCain used Carol and dumped her, used Cindy for power and wealth (to breakthrough) and now Palin has become a pawn to be used to win. She would be powerless as a VP (plain and simple). She is so blinded by her ambitions she cannot even tell.The real VP is already there not Palin. She is just a window dressing.
TYn

Reading, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Early election starts ending september that is about 30% of the electorate and Palin is been hidden from questions this is outrageous.
Ken

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Hello, she said she put it on e-bay. She never said she sold it. She is aware that it was eventually sold for much less than it cost. Get the facts straight first before printing garbage and false information.
KmC

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Ken wrote:
Hello, she said she put it on e-bay. She never said she sold it. She is aware that it was eventually sold for much less than it cost. Get the facts straight first before printing garbage and false information.
actually Ken, both McCain and Palin have repeatedly said that it was sold - McCain even emphasizing that "It was for a profit too!" which is a lie.
Please stay current or shut up.
independent thought

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

KmC wrote:
<quoted text>
actually Ken, both McCain and Palin have repeatedly said that it was sold - McCain even emphasizing that "It was for a profit too!" which is a lie.
Please stay current or shut up.
Proper terms would have been gain on sale of asset. Planes DEPRECIATE, a business concept when I know is tough to understand. Just like that new car is not worth as much a couple years later, same with a plane. Planes can be depreciated 20% for the first year, and 32% for the second year. Let's use 50% for depreciation and $2.6M for purchase price to make math simple. Plane was "worth" $1.3M after 2 years of use, it was sold for $2.1M, which would mean a gain on sale of asset of $800,000.
KmC

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

ok genius, but was it sold on e-bay?
no
so was it a lie?(several times over)
yes

why did she even go there with this comment?
to gain political points

all fraudulent
independent thought

North Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

KmC wrote:
no
yes
to gain political points
all fraudulent
My, aren't we testy - you find the talking points that you are spewing are false, and you don't know what to say. It's OK, I am sure Comedy Central will give you more "ideas" to talk about soon.

“<insert witty comment here>”

Since: Jul 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

KmC wrote:
no
yes
to gain political points
all fraudulent
The only one I have heard who said that she SOLD it on eBay was McCain, once. He has not said it again since. Palin has never once said she SOLD it on eBay. She has said, "I put it on eBay." Granted, she has repeated that statement so many times it's become tiresome like on that excellent SNL skit where "Hillary" says "lipstick" several times before the punch line. But the fact remains that she has no lied once. Now, if you have a few hours to kill, we can go down the list of total lies and shady backroom Chicago politics that your boy is involved in.
KmC

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

independent thought wrote:
<quoted text>My, aren't we testy - you find the talking points that you are spewing are false, and you don't know what to say. It's OK, I am sure Comedy Central will give you more "ideas" to talk about soon.
I didn't say anything false, she did
you didn't answer the question tho

she was trying to make a bigger statement than she was "technically" allowed and it blew up in her face - sorry to spoil it for you, but this is her fault for trying to get one over on stupid people -
apparently it worked for you and the dolt nova

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

KmC wrote:
<quoted text>
she was trying to make a bigger statement than she was "technically" allowed and it blew up in her face - sorry to spoil it for you, but this is her fault for trying to get one over on stupid people -
Dolt? I'm a dolt? Because I actually took the time to LISTEN to what she was saying, and didn't blindly accept what Keith Olbermann and Wolf Blitzer told me? Please feel free to correct me by posting a link to either a video, sound file, or official transcript of where she said that she *SOLD* it on eBay. Good luck finding one.

"Putting it on eBay" means it was listed there, which is true. This has been proven many times, including by eBay verifying it. Whether or not she was actually sitting at the computer typing in the description and uploading the picture, OK, ya got me there. Maybe one of her staffers did it. Guilty. She's a big liar. But if you continue to quote her as saying she *SOLD* it on eBay with no proof, then you are a liar and very much misguided and misinformed (it wouldn't be the first time).
KmC

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

nova , see response #626

testy, testy, testy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

KmC wrote:
nova , see response #626
testy, testy, testy
I noticed you didn't post any links. Yeah, I thought so.
KmC

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

I would or could , but you would only throw back inconsequential biased opinion pieces that are completely lacking in quality or worth or redemption - in other words,
bs

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

KmC wrote:
I would or could , but you would only throw back inconsequential biased opinion pieces that are completely lacking in quality or worth or redemption - in other words,
bs
Uh huh, that's what I thought. If you have no facts to back up your statement, you're wasting everyone's time. Bye!
independent thought

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

KmC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you just proved you cannot listen, or cannot read, but only parrot what your leaders at Comedy Central tell you to think. She said she "put" the plane on eBay - the link to the posting has been her a few times. That is a TRUE statement. That is ALL that she said. She also said she disposed of the plane - that is ALSO A TRUE STATEMENT. The only ones not telling the truth are the ranting fools in the liberal MSM trying to make a store, and of course, kool-aid drinking fools like yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Valdez Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Valdez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Valdez News, Events & Info