Group advocates for alcohol sales in ...

Group advocates for alcohol sales in Valdese

There are 8 comments on the Morganton News Herald story from Sep 5, 2009, titled Group advocates for alcohol sales in Valdese. In it, Morganton News Herald reports that:

The group trying to get a vote to allow alcohol sales in town say it's needed to help the economic condition of Valdese.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Morganton News Herald.

deejay1

Morganton, NC

#1 Sep 7, 2009
{I posted this comment on another blog concerning passing LBTD in Valdese}

Also, did anyone even consider that if Valdese passes LBTD and beer and wine sales the county will have additional money to help the BOE pay it's legal bills ? You know much of the money generated by alcohol sales goes to the schools and right now the BOE has USED UP a great bit of what they had trying to prove a stupid point. As to the other TIRED OLD EXCUSES on this board - keeping Valdese "DRY" is not going to prevent someone from becoming an alcoholic or require rehabilitation. People can drive and will go to where the alcohol is and still have problems if they are predisposed to. I remember back in 1996 and before when people in Morganton used this argument when comparing us to Hickory. I also remember the days before the eight or ten restaurants which now serve Morganton. When someone says progress and create more eating places it should not be construed to mean that alcohol is the INSTANT SWITCH that makes that happen but due to economic conditions restaurants operate to make a profit and just because some will choose to drink while others choose not to should not be seen as a MAGIC LIGHT that controls progress. What it boils down to is this: The amount of alcohol sold either by beer, wine or mixed drinks SUBSIDIZES what availablity is offered to those of us that might drink twice a year or not at all. As (MaddMax)another blogger stated so well Monday Morning, don't force a 'NO' on everyone. If LBTD is PASSED then those who want to drink will be able to and those who don't can still keep doing what they are doing now. Valdese is at a crossroads and passing LBTD could at least keep the ship afloat ! I glad at the choices we have in Morganton but I still on occasion visit Hickory for restaurants Morganton doesn't have. I would bet anyone that many of the choices in Hickory would NOT BE THERE if LBTD wasn't. Just pass LBTD and move on to the next thing. Like Morganton did in 1996, then MOVED ON and all the GLOOM AND DOOM must have found another target because LBTD has not created the problems so commonly spoken by opponents of LBTD !!
deejay1

Morganton, NC

#2 Sep 7, 2009
In the last paragragh I should have said "am". ex.'I am glad'. My error
the Rhonda Hinson Murder

Clinton, NC

#3 Oct 6, 2009
Why has this case, either not being worked or solved ? Most people who know about the investigation know Suttle- refuses to assist the new people assigned to this case, and HE believes Moose killed Rhonda and refuses to look at the other possibility. There are people who are 100% sure of the Killers ID and I understand there is new evidence in the case which could bring the Killer to Justice. Here we are again- nearing the Christmas Season and the Hinson will go through another Holiday with the unknown. Yes, they are sure of the Killers ID, however are powerless. Too many years have passed and people are dying daily who had knowledge lost. NO IT WAS NOT A COVER UP< BY VALDESE OR THE BC SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. IT WAS a lack of hard work by then SBI Agent Suttle- who simply refused to believe anything except that MOOSE committed the CROME, and told MOOSE he would see that he never got out of Prison for Killing another- unless he confessed to the Hinson Murder. Well as far as I know- Moose remains in prison after a life sentence which usually last 20 years. It has been 28 years and he remains behind bars. I am not saying he should be released for the murder he was convicted of, however if he is being held for a case he has never been charged with and there is no physical or other evidence- he should should not be held on the unknown ! Let's look at the person many people, believe really committed the crime. There are too many questions and ANSWERS about the ACTUAL KILLER, WHO LIVES OUT OF STATE AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE CHARGED IF THE COMMUNITY DOES NOT GET BEHIND THIS AND MAKE SOME DEMANDS ON LAW ENFORCEMENT. TELL THE STATE AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TO DO THIS BEFORE CHRISTMAS 2009.
ShamWow

Saint Cloud, FL

#4 Oct 6, 2009
the Rhonda Hinson Murder, What the hell are you talking about Big Pee? The post is about LBTD... I think that you drunk now!
Uncle Tom

Robbins, NC

#5 Oct 6, 2009
ShamWow wrote:
the Rhonda Hinson Murder, What the hell are you talking about Big Pee? The post is about LBTD... I think that you drunk now!
What are you talking about? Your posting makes absolutely no sense at all. Who is Big pee? If you are this delusional before liquor by the drink I would hate to see you if this passes.
ShamWow

Saint Cloud, FL

#6 Oct 7, 2009
Big Pee is a troll from Fremont NC and postes under several different names. He posted about Ms. Henson which has nothing to do with LBTD
jsmith

Morganton, NC

#7 Jan 7, 2010
so is the rhonda hinson case closed? i live in valdese, nc and im a police officer in training. im curious to know. if you know email me at [email protected]
Truth KoolAid

AOL

#8 Jan 7, 2010
I have to knock down at least a fifth of Jim Beam every night just to be able to tolerate all you inbred, racist, ignorant East Burke rednecks.
I wouldn't need all this liquor if the people around here weren't so damned stupid.
It's your fault I'm an alckyholic.

I'm an atheist too. That's your fault as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Supporters: White Supremacists 7 min State of Florida 69
ERIKA is heading for Florida. 1 hr Yes Liberal 1
Planned Parenthood talks about "live specimens"... 2 hr Yes Liberal 11
Michelle Caldera 3 hr MCML 8
slaw recipe 18 hr Olympic medals 4
RW Group MANIPULATED Planned Parenthood Videos 18 hr Hillary toilet se... 4
trump number one like google Thu Maverick and Iceman 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valdese Mortgages