Lenoir Wal Mart Rip Off

Lenoir, NC

#63 Apr 12, 2013
We went to the Wal Mart in Hickory tongiht. Folks..we buy the same stuff every week. Every single item we bought in Hickory cost LESS than what it cost in Lenoir. Every item! Most items were 1 to 3 dollars cheaper in Hickory. So here we are in a poor county with high unemployement....and Wal Mart is gouging us. By the way....eight lines open in Hickory. When was the last time you saw that in Lenoir? When was the last time you saw four lines open in Lenoir? Want to save some money? Go to Hickory.
really

Cherryville, NC

#64 Apr 12, 2013
Lenoir Wal Mart Rip Off wrote:
We went to the Wal Mart in Hickory tongiht. Folks..we buy the same stuff every week. Every single item we bought in Hickory cost LESS than what it cost in Lenoir. Every item! Most items were 1 to 3 dollars cheaper in Hickory. So here we are in a poor county with high unemployement....and Wal Mart is gouging us. By the way....eight lines open in Hickory. When was the last time you saw that in Lenoir? When was the last time you saw four lines open in Lenoir? Want to save some money? Go to Hickory.
Pricing at levels the local market can withstand is apparently wal marts motto. Towns with less competition or occupied by lower overall income customers, as they are less likely to travel very far shopping, always have a higher pricing structure. Each manager sets the local wal marts pricing as explained to my brother by Boone wal marts manager when he questioned why the exact same tv was $20.00 higher at lenoir than Boone and for the record when he ask lenoir for a price match guess what, said low price guarantee does not apply to other wal mart stores, go figure. Lol
DBAB

Lenoir, NC

#65 Apr 14, 2013
Strange thing – we were in the Walmart in Lenoir last evening. All the staff were wearing these odd pins. The pins had a picture of a man in a Walmart uniform. At the bottom of the pin was an acronym: DBAB. We asked our cashier what DBAB stood for and she told us it was part of a recent good-service initiative at the Lenoir Walmart. She went on to tell us that DBAB stood for:“Don’t be a Bob.” Things were busy and she didn’t have time to explain. Does anyone have an idea of what this is all about?
Critical thinking

Lenoir, NC

#66 Apr 15, 2013
Shop somewhere else... Wal-Mart knows exactly what they can get away with. They know 95% of their customers are going to return time and time again regardless of their practices. Don't like it? Shop somewhere else.
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#67 Apr 15, 2013
Today there was 6 registers open on the grocery side, one in the middle, and at least one on the other end. Wasnt bad, aside from waiting for the old lady writing a check...

Am I the only one wondering WTF about that big support pole right in the middle of the express registers? If register #2 is in use, you literally cannot leave when done at register #3...
Again waiting in line

Lenoir, NC

#68 Apr 20, 2013
Standing in line at the Lenoir Walmart………..again. We were stacked up five or six deep with only two lines open. Not three rows over were two supervisors….shooting the bull, not working…totally unaware of the bad customer situation. Finally a lady who was sick of standing in line went over and pointed out to them we were waiting and needed help. After a few minutes these supervisors did get another line open….but they only did it when a customer pointed out the problem. That is…these supervisors weren’t customer-focused at all….and it is doubtful they had been trained to be customer focused….they were totally unaware of what was going on and really didn’t seem to care. As much money as we are all spending at this Walmart in Lenoir…don’t we all deserve better?
Fooling Kim

Lenoir, NC

#69 Apr 20, 2013
Duh wrote:
Today there was 6 registers open on the grocery side, one in the middle, and at least one on the other end. Wasnt bad, aside from waiting for the old lady writing a check...
Am I the only one wondering WTF about that big support pole right in the middle of the express registers? If register #2 is in use, you literally cannot leave when done at register #3...
Kim…just curious. Do you really think this is fooling anyone? You haven’t had six lines open in your entire time in Lenoir…..not even on Christmas Eve. Except…..word out of the store is you did go down to the check-out lines at a change of shift….with a camera….and had the two check-out folks you usually have along with the two cashiers from the next shift…all open at one time. Then…you put regular name-tags on two supervisors and had them stand at registers…and then got a quick picture to prove you had six lines open……for sixty-seconds (but who in the home office would know?). Smart thinking girl!
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#70 Apr 20, 2013
Fooling Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim…just curious. Do you really think this is fooling anyone? You haven’t had six lines open in your entire time in Lenoir…..not even on Christmas Eve. Except…..word out of the store is you did go down to the check-out lines at a change of shift….with a camera….and had the two check-out folks you usually have along with the two cashiers from the next shift…all open at one time. Then…you put regular name-tags on two supervisors and had them stand at registers…and then got a quick picture to prove you had six lines open……for sixty-seconds (but who in the home office would know?). Smart thinking girl!
I just assumed they had a supervisor filling in from another store that day....
Steve

Lenoir, NC

#71 Apr 20, 2013
Kim Hefner slept her way into her management job with some guy at the regional level and she doesn't give a rat's ass about the customers or her employees. All she cares about is her end of year bonus.
She is supposed to give the employees a bonus each year but she doesn't do it because she's a greedy c*nt. She pockets money that doesn't belong to her.
She's completely unqualified for the job, but then so are most people in all levels of Walmart management. I'm sick of seeing kids barely into their 20's being put into positions of authority when they have no experience or education.
That's ok though because every year her totals for stolen and missing merchandise gets higher and higher, which means her bonus gets smaller and smaller. Eventually corporate will take notice and get rid of her.
Running the Numbers

Lenoir, NC

#72 Apr 27, 2013
As an experiment we took our usual, weekly, list and did our shopping at the Walmart in Boone. Sad. We saved well over $20 for the exact same set of items we buy every single week. Doing the math, we saved about 17% by NOT shopping at the Lenoir Walmart. Which is to say, the prices are being raised significantly for the shoppers in Lenoir vs. Boone. Further, there was no wait at all to check out. We checked an entire cart in under five minutes….when was the last time that happened to you with a full cart in Lenoir? The cashier even smiled and asked how we were doing.
a damn shame

Morganton, NC

#73 May 3, 2013
I went tonight, and the old man at the door wanted to see my receipt for something the cashier do not bag. I presented it to him, and because he could not read it correctly he began to question me like a gestapo agent. It was to the point I was about to get pissed off. I pointed out the name of the item on the receipt for him. Do you think if I was going to steal something, that I would pick a jewelry store?
As far as the old man, if I wanted to run out the door his old ass couldn't catch a cold. I think that they need to put these ticket checkers behind a damn register, since they hardly have anybody running them. Thoroughly disappointed with the Lenoir Walmart.
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#74 May 4, 2013
a damn shame wrote:
I went tonight, and the old man at the door wanted to see my receipt for something the cashier do not bag. I presented it to him, and because he could not read it correctly he began to question me like a gestapo agent. It was to the point I was about to get pissed off. I pointed out the name of the item on the receipt for him. Do you think if I was going to steal something, that I would pick a jewelry store?
As far as the old man, if I wanted to run out the door his old ass couldn't catch a cold. I think that they need to put these ticket checkers behind a damn register, since they hardly have anybody running them. Thoroughly disappointed with the Lenoir Walmart.
You don't have to stop at the door, they can't stop you from leaving unless they are formally accusing you of stealing something. They cant require you to show them your receipt any more than you can demand to see receipts from random people as you walk down the street.
not2nerdy4u

Granite Falls, NC

#75 May 7, 2013
Yep, I too shop exclusively at the GF Walmart. The ONLY reason I stop at the Lenoir Walmart is to pick up the Sunday paper (sometimes). I figure that's something they can't f up.

We're a captive audience, people. We've become a Walmart economy. Walmart's here because they've accomplished their mission, run all the other businesses out and sit on pricing.

Oh, and why should the Lenoir Walmart worry about customer service when they're the only game in town?

You can thank our town council for that. They opened the mall and killed downtown, Sky City, Crest and Roses. They moved Walmart in here and killed KMart and the mall.

The GF Walmart is there for one reason and one reason only - and it's not GF - it's North Hickory. It's closer to North Hickory than the Walmart off of Hwy 70, making it more convenient for their customers. Also, cheaper land purchased and lower tax rates = higher profits.

Their customer service is better b/c they realize there's more competition to the south of them. Keep the customers happy and they'll keep coming back. As I stated, face it, we're stuck with Walmart until their management decides we're not worth it anymore.
Some Response

Lenoir, NC

#76 May 11, 2013
Responding to customers and their needs is a basic requirement of any good business. Standing in long lines at this Walmart and never seeing any new lines open shows an almost total lack of response to what we, the customers want. We want to get in quickly and get out quickly. The leadership of this store simply has not learned this basic lesson. This store is no longer “worth the price” when the shopping experience is so unpleasant. And….it is consistently unpleasant to shop at this store. It simply isn’t getting better. If anything, it is getting worse.
Caldwell

Maiden, NC

#77 May 13, 2013
Again waiting in line wrote:
Standing in line at the Lenoir Walmart………..again. We were stacked up five or six deep with only two lines open. Not three rows over were two supervisors….shooting the bull, not working…totally unaware of the bad customer situation. Finally a lady who was sick of standing in line went over and pointed out to them we were waiting and needed help. After a few minutes these supervisors did get another line open….but they only did it when a customer pointed out the problem. That is…these supervisors weren’t customer-focused at all….and it is doubtful they had been trained to be customer focused….they were totally unaware of what was going on and really didn’t seem to care. As much money as we are all spending at this Walmart in Lenoir…don’t we all deserve better?
you are what you eat, pig, shop SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!
Caldwell

Salt Lake City, UT

#78 May 13, 2013
Oh lord be with these walmart people and the customers like the one who stole my name oh lord. Bring amber to him quickly so he can have peace. amen
Bobs Cousin

Lenoir, NC

#79 May 13, 2013
Caldwell wrote:
<quoted text>
you are what you eat, pig, shop SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon Bob! You can do better than this!
straightup

Lenoir, NC

#80 May 13, 2013
The workers at Walmart work their ass's off every single day and if your so worried about the management go get off your ass go to school and come be a manager. Thanks.
straightup

Lenoir, NC

#81 May 13, 2013
FIY wrote:
1(one)-8(eight)-0(zero)-0(zero )-9(nine)-2(two)-5(five)-6(six )-2(two)-7(seven)-8(eight)
Call them and gripe. Griping here isn't going to change a dang thing. Don't like Lenoir Walmart? THEN DON'T SHOP THERE! People go elsewhere they will either go out of business or change their policies. By while the sheep of Lenoir just keep baaaing along and give their money to Walmart then Walmart wins because they crap you say here doesn't change the function of their day or their lives.
Better yet! You are SO smart and know SO much more then big business! Open your own store here in Lenoir then let the other sheep of Lenoir drive you out of business with the constant griping and complaining.
This is What I'm saying
Steve

Lenoir, NC

#82 May 14, 2013
Granite Walmart and Lenior Walmart are under 2 different regional managers, so they are run completely differently. The dipsh!t regional manager over Lenior keeps trying to impose insane rules on that store's employees and no other under his command, which greatly affects how they run the place. The employees don't even know why.

As for boycotting Walmart, they don't really care, so boycott them all you want. It won't make a difference. There's more than enough poor people like me who will keep shopping there that their bottom line won't be affected enough to matter.

I'd love to be able to get all my groceries at Lowes and Fair Value, but most of their prices are just too damn high. Harris Teeter is even higher.

I personally despise Walmart, but continue to get most of my groceries and some other things there simply because their prices usually can't be beat and I'm not made of money. I'd love to see every Walmart in the country looted and burned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 18 min Waco 1909 9,428
Mexicans parking in front yard 40 min really 17
No GOFUNDME for arrested officer. 1 hr Alien Watcher 346
Brown Mountain Aliens 1 hr yet again 12
What Has Happened to Green Mountain Park (Apr '14) 5 hr Aint working for ... 56
car lot/ owner in valdese 7 hr mason harding 1
Alzheimer's 7 hr State of Florida 3
More from around the web

Valdese People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE