Terrible Service at the Lenoir Walmart
The Legend of Bob

Lenoir, NC

#42 Apr 5, 2013
It was a typical day at the Walmart in Lenoir. Two express lines open, but only one full service line. It was a Friday morning about 9:00. The full service line was backed into the women’s clothing section…eight or nine carts/shoppers deep….no management to be seen. After waiting 25 minutes or so, a snafu emerged at the register that stopped the line completely. Did I mention…no management. The express lines were open from time to time, but the cashiers made no attempt to help by taking a “full-carter” or two. If they didn’t have customers…these express cashiers just stared into space. At this point….Bob emerged from the back of the store with two of his buddies. Bob appeared to be a manager and the two buddies with him were Walmart employees. They all had on their nametags. They all went through the express lane and bought some cokes/eats. They were laughing and joking…having a great time….ignoring what was going on in the never ending full service line. Bob got confronted….told we’d been waiting forever. With great gravitas Bob told the line he would inform a “CSM.” This as if everybody had some notion of what a “CSM” was. Bob did not apologize for the wait. Bob did not try to figure out why the line wasn’t moving. Bob didn’t get another check-out line open. Bob yelled at us and told us he saw two lines open (the express lines). Bob did this while standing under a sign at the express line saying only those with 20 items or less could use those lines. Bob may not be able to read; Bob may not have trained his express cashiers to take full cart folks if they aren’t busy; but most of all….Bob didn’t care. He got his two buddies and the three of them slowly walked off…laughing and joking once again…no doubt to enjoy their cokes and goodies….while we stood in line forever. Bob is a leader at the Lenoir Walmart…..others are looking at Bob as an example-setter. The management team at the Lenoir Walmart appears to be staffed by Bobs. The legendary Bob……..
really

Black Mountain, NC

#43 Apr 5, 2013
It is Alan Jones fault
pay more

United States

#44 Apr 5, 2013
McDonald Family wrote:
Are you as tired as the rest of us over the terrible/slow service at the Lenoir Walmart? It takes forever to get checked out on the one or two lanes they have open even during busy times. The store manager is Kim Hefner and she has been asked and asked to do something about the awful lines there…and she has done nothing. Please do one of two things: 1. Go to: https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_c... or simply Google Walmart, scroll to the bottom,look uner "Help" and you will find "Feedback" at the bottom. Simply fill out that form.
Once there, simply fill out the form telling Walmart how terrible the check-out situation really is. Or…
2. Write and send a letter to:
Mike Duke
President and CEO
Walmart
702 Southwest 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 27216
Things won’t get better if we don’t tell some level of management that will listen and act. Nobody at the store in Lenoir is listening……..
Go some damned place else
Pay More Is

Lenoir, NC

#45 Apr 5, 2013
Pay More is Bob!!
Glad Walmart is Listening

Lenoir, NC

#46 Apr 6, 2013
LOL - Great job! We went to the Wal Mart yesterday (Friday) morning about 10:00. Only one non-express line open. Way to not listen to your public Wal Mart!!
nns

Mountain City, TN

#47 Apr 6, 2013
Glad Walmart is Listening wrote:
LOL - Great job! We went to the Wal Mart yesterday (Friday) morning about 10:00. Only one non-express line open. Way to not listen to your public Wal Mart!!
It's not all Walmart locations. The one in Lenoir is poorly managed (or not even managed). I suggest everyone call Walmart corporate and continue to complain about the Lenoir store.
Glad Walmart is Listening

Lenoir, NC

#48 Apr 6, 2013
nns, You are correct. I was referring to the WM in Lenoir.
really

Charlotte, NC

#49 Apr 6, 2013
nns wrote:
<quoted text>It's not all Walmart locations. The one in Lenoir is poorly managed (or not even managed). I suggest everyone call Walmart corporate and continue to complain about the Lenoir store.
Truth is, all the customer calls to corporate make very little difference unless it involves an issue which places liability on WalMart ie: harassment, safety concerns or an issue that mandates a response. The points corporations do pay attention to are the bottom line profit sheets. If they realize decreases in month to month profits, then you have their attention directed at store management. Bottom line is, if you must shop at wal mart go to a neighboring towns wal mart ( granite, morganton) and as the profits drop at the lenoir store, then you will see changes in management adjustments. It's all about the money.
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#50 Apr 6, 2013
Sad thing is there are some employees there who are as good as any I've seen anywhere. Unfortunately they can only do so much on their own, and you have to feel bad because they don't deserve to be lumped into this reputation yet end up bearing most of the burden when people get pissed off. Casually chat with some of them (pretty much any of them who are friendly enough to talk to you at all while you're checking out), and you can tell they're biting their tongues and want to tell you a different story...

I have no stake in this, but given the nature of this thread I figured I'd toss out a compliment to the handful that actually do deserve it.
love granite

Black Mountain, NC

#51 Apr 6, 2013
On The Road Again wrote:
Went to the WM in Lenoir yesterday. They were out of everything. Nothing stocked. After reading these posts I decided to take a run up to Granite Falls. What a difference! The store was well stocked and staffed. No wait at all to check out. Could these two stores be part of the same company? What would it take to get the GF manager to take over the Lenoir store. Stunning differences in all most all aspects.........
The gf store has recently underwent a change of management (a few months ago) they are also undergoing some changes in how cashiers are assigned to registers. They now clock in and the machine tells them where to go based on where it is needed. Also, I have noticed that even the management will jump on a register if they get lines. I have seen this a lot recently. I agree it is a much better store.
Wondering

Lenoir, NC

#52 Apr 7, 2013
love granite wrote:
<quoted text>
The gf store has recently underwent a change of management (a few months ago) they are also undergoing some changes in how cashiers are assigned to registers. They now clock in and the machine tells them where to go based on where it is needed. Also, I have noticed that even the management will jump on a register if they get lines. I have seen this a lot recently. I agree it is a much better store.
Why on earth aren't they doing this in Lenoir????
One Person Happy

Lenoir, NC

#53 Apr 7, 2013
What a great first quarter for Kim Hefner, manager of the Lenoir Walmart! Customers had to wait forever in long lines and minimum-wage employees either didn’t get many hours or were worked to death when they did. Wretched for both customers and staff. But…all this is GREAT news for Ms. Kim! Think of the bonus check she is getting for this first quarter! Her labor costs were cut to the bone and profits were up. Thus.....that big bonus check! Only one person is happy in this scenario! But all of our discomfort was worth it....remember...it is all about Kim! Alert the Lexus folks in Charlotte/Hickory! A certain Walmart manager is on the way!
Future

Powell, TN

#54 Apr 8, 2013
Kim Hefner doesn't care about who Lenoir people are or the children and grandchildren who she harasses as employees. Kim only worries about Kim. Walmart only about Walmart. Support smaller businesses that built this sorry town.
My name is Aaron

Powell, TN

#55 Apr 8, 2013
The Legend of Bob wrote:
It was a typical day at the Walmart in Lenoir. Two express lines open, but only one full service line. It was a Friday morning about 9:00. The full service line was backed into the women’s clothing section…eight or nine carts/shoppers deep….no management to be seen. After waiting 25 minutes or so, a snafu emerged at the register that stopped the line completely. Did I mention…no management. The express lines were open from time to time, but the cashiers made no attempt to help by taking a “full-carter” or two. If they didn’t have customers…these express cashiers just stared into space. At this point….Bob emerged from the back of the store with two of his buddies. Bob appeared to be a manager and the two buddies with him were Walmart employees. They all had on their nametags. They all went through the express lane and bought some cokes/eats. They were laughing and joking…having a great time….ignoring what was going on in the never ending full service line. Bob got confronted….told we’d been waiting forever. With great gravitas Bob told the line he would inform a “CSM.” This as if everybody had some notion of what a “CSM” was. Bob did not apologize for the wait. Bob did not try to figure out why the line wasn’t moving. Bob didn’t get another check-out line open. Bob yelled at us and told us he saw two lines open (the express lines). Bob did this while standing under a sign at the express line saying only those with 20 items or less could use those lines. Bob may not be able to read; Bob may not have trained his express cashiers to take full cart folks if they aren’t busy; but most of all….Bob didn’t care. He got his two buddies and the three of them slowly walked off…laughing and joking once again…no doubt to enjoy their cokes and goodies….while we stood in line forever. Bob is a leader at the Lenoir Walmart…..others are looking at Bob as an example-setter. The management team at the Lenoir Walmart appears to be staffed by Bobs. The legendary Bob……..
The employees in line with cokes and snacks are harassed and bullied night staff employees who aren't allowed to take an entire lunch that "paper" states they are entitled and if bullied enough, they scaredly admit they ate lunch. If ANY employee in this long line with you calls to attention that people are waiting, YOU WILL FIND THE WRATH OF KIM HEFNER AND ARRON. You will be harassed until you quit hot trying to point out that 64 people are in line for 1 cashier and Kim Hefners bonus may be endangered if trying to play hero to local shoppers. I'm Aaron, and I harass everyone who works the night shift because I've nothing better to do, Kim Hefner's bonus is all I'm concerned about, not that I get a bonus. I'm just a retail, anal nightmare that is miraculously in every Walmart.
Next time you're in line Bob, realize we are laughing from lack of nourishment and hunger and how this store and its glorified manager who doesn't even reside in the County doesn't care about you or any customer. Start writing online to Walmart and this board more. Read pasts lawsuits how Walmart treats employees, if you ever run Kim or Aaron down, ask them how many stores before Lenoir they came from.
My name is Aaron, I torment and harass Walmart fellow employees.
josh

Newland, NC

#56 Apr 8, 2013
With ALL the "sold out" signs put up makes me think they are shutting down. Makes it hard for locals to have to burn extra gas and time to drive to Granite Falls or elsewhere. Had to driv all the way to Wal Mart in Wilkesboro to get my wife a cell phone.Could order on line but I like to see what I'm buying.
Bob II

Lenoir, NC

#57 Apr 9, 2013
You see Bob, this is how it works. You came to an Express line and got checked out immediately. You were having a great time that morning…but you were oblivious to the fact that many folks had been standing in line a long, long, time. Oblivious is never a word that should be used to describe a manager Bob. There is also that sense of fairness….customers standing in line for long periods while a Walmart manager (Bob/You) sails right through. Now the situation was this….there was a service failure…a failure you failed to even notice. However, it was brought to your attention Bob…and this was a GREAT opportunity for you to demonstrate to customers and employees how to recover from a service failure. Informing a “CSM” is hardly a recovery. That would have done NOTHING for the people standing in line that day….and Bob….you knew it. Bob…you knew it was a cop out….and so did we. What a good manager should do in a situation like that is to take “ownership.” You should have helped people to move to other lines. You should have taken steps to get other lines open. You should have taken steps to figure out why the one full service lined was totally stopped. At the very least you should have apologized. In fact Bob, you didn’t do anything……but tell us you were going to inform a CSM. Well Bob…did you (We’d be willing to bet a huge amount of money you didn’t)? If you did, we can assure you it did nothing for us that day….just like we knew it wouldn’t when you told us you were contacting one. So now Bob, your name is here…for all of Lenoir to see….customers and people who report to you….and your peers…..and your bosses. Your apathy has come back to haunt you. Two minutes of effort on your part that day would have made you look great. Instead…two minutes of apathy will haunt you for some time. Take it for the lesson it is Bob. Apathy is its own disreward…………
Not Alone

Lenoir, NC

#58 Apr 11, 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing bad service at this Walmart. It takes too long to check out at this store. What will it take to improve service there?
Guessing

Hickory, NC

#59 Apr 11, 2013
Customer service...
And Again

Lenoir, NC

#61 Apr 12, 2013
The usual long wait to check-out It never ends in Lenoir.
Just Wondering

Greensboro, NC

#62 Apr 12, 2013
Someone needs to send a lnk to this site to walmart corp. office so they can see what people really think about the Lenoir store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert's Naval Award Elongated Black Object 1 hr State of Tampa bay 3
Cop shot another cop in Indiana last night. 1 hr State of Tampa bay 3
There goes the tourism in Florida. 1 hr State of Tampa bay 5
Democrats, I will assist you in committing suic... 5 hr State of Tampa bay 5
Is Hillary epileptic or Demonically possessed? 5 hr Robert Ledford 3
Negro breaks into home to watch White couple sl... 9 hr Robert Ledford 4
Haunted Places around Valdese. (Jul '09) Fri Vicky Conley 27

Valdese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance