My Kim Hefner Story

Lenoir, NC

#22 Mar 24, 2013
I was in the Lenoir Walmart some months back. The store was busy, the check-out lines were long and there weren’t many of them open. Finally there was only one person in front of me….but all activity had stopped. It turned out this person in front of me was trying to buy some razor blades. The blades were in a plastic case that had to be unlocked – evidently to prevent theft. Unfortunately, nobody had the key to unlock the case. We were all just standing there. There were no managers/supervisors on the floor and nobody knew what to do. This went on for about ten minutes. I finally asked for the office number and the name of the manager. They told me that was Kim Hefner. I called her from my cell and told her what was going on. She got quite “huffy” with me and told me there were two supervisors at the registers who had keys and who would take care of the problem. I told her I was THERE and that there were no supervisors and that nobody had a key to unlock the razor blades. She assured me I was wrong and hung up on me. I was there. She wasn’t. It took another five minutes or so for a supervisor to find said keys to unlock the box. It took over half an hour that day to check-out. Ms. Hefner never came down to see for herself……doubtless having a Coke in her office……and blissfully out-of touch! With a manager building a culture like this…no wonder the place is a mess……
ffd

Lenoir, NC

#23 Mar 24, 2013
My Kim Hefner Story wrote:
I was in the Lenoir Walmart some months back. The store was busy, the check-out lines were long and there weren’t many of them open. Finally there was only one person in front of me….but all activity had stopped. It turned out this person in front of me was trying to buy some razor blades. The blades were in a plastic case that had to be unlocked – evidently to prevent theft. Unfortunately, nobody had the key to unlock the case. We were all just standing there. There were no managers/supervisors on the floor and nobody knew what to do. This went on for about ten minutes. I finally asked for the office number and the name of the manager. They told me that was Kim Hefner. I called her from my cell and told her what was going on. She got quite “huffy” with me and told me there were two supervisors at the registers who had keys and who would take care of the problem. I told her I was THERE and that there were no supervisors and that nobody had a key to unlock the razor blades. She assured me I was wrong and hung up on me. I was there. She wasn’t. It took another five minutes or so for a supervisor to find said keys to unlock the box. It took over half an hour that day to check-out. Ms. Hefner never came down to see for herself……doubtless having a Coke in her office……and blissfully out-of touch! With a manager building a culture like this…no wonder the place is a mess……
I had the same thing happen while trying to purchase Prilosec. Typically, there are two to three registers open with long lines and several employees standing around talking. The store went way down hill after Tim Clark retired.
locally

Lenoir, NC

#24 Mar 25, 2013
Was there around 4pm. Customer service area was quick with no wait, had to make exchange. Purchased 6 items and went to express lane, express my butt took 20 minutes.
Ditto

Lenoir, NC

#25 Mar 25, 2013
Granite Falls Walmart wrote:
I tried it out yesterday. What a different experience. Friendly staff that didn' seem over-worked and through the check-out line in minutes. Why can Walmart do this in GF but not Lenoir????
Exactly! I agree. A lot of Lenoir's problem is how they treat their employees. I complained 2 months ago to the websites online complaint form and was called from a person in AR concerning the disturbing complaint I submitted.

For the angry person who keeps putting up the phone number, yes we all call but we still complain on here because its a free country. The web site access is one way to complain but this site helps because I sent the link in my Complaint for Walmart to see how many residents here are disgusted with Lenoir. If Lenoir treated their employees better (especially late shifts) more lines would be open. No one will work here because of how they are treated, that itself is stress then turn around and deal with rude Caldwell rednecks? No wonder there are "Always" long lines. "Always", as their motto goes. I'm glad this site exists as well. Walmart in AR is very aware of this site. They also have numerous complaints about this store but it appears to do nothing to correct the problems.
Christmas Adventure

Lenoir, NC

#26 Mar 26, 2013
I was in the Lenoir Wal Mart around Christmas. I was in the the Customer Service area. A man there was trying to discuss something and asked for the name of the store manager. NOBODY (store employee) in the area knew the store manager's name! Finally someone looked up at a manager on duty sign, pointed to the name there and said something like "it must be her." No worker there seemed to know her. The name there was Ms. Hefner who has been referred to here in former posts. No wonder this store is having such trouble.....there is no management going on...workers at this store literally don't even know who their manager is.
Soldiers not Supported

Lenoir, NC

#27 Mar 27, 2013
I complained to the Board at the top on this store. My child's last day working there was so bad he clocked out and left ....better things to do in life waiting like serving in the Armed Forces. My child's last night there was a night mare. His night shift manager Aaron started in on my child from the front door and followed him the entire evening because they hounded him on leaving the almighty great Walmart of Lenoir. Little did they know he was leaving in a week for Basic Training to serve in a military branch far greater than Walmart ever thought about being. ever. I got a buffy message from the great Kim Hefner about my report to the Board and the Home Office about how my facts were not straight. Hmmm. Harassed for leaving their "great" company to the point my child was followed to his car. She wasn't there that night, or when is Ms Hefner ever there? Any complaints about, to, near or about this store eventually will be noticed sometime. But if you want to know how Aaron the 3rd shift Manager and Kim treats staff, especially those going to protect our country, THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE. Kim will never admit fault or wrong doing. If you have a child needing part time work until they are ready to leave for Boot Camp, keep looking, a drive to Granite, Boone or Hickory is better by leaps and bounds. This store harasses anyone leaving to the point you cannot finish your work shift. BTW, all sewers out there, Lincolnton has an entire fabric section in their new store. Prices cheaper than anything we have ever seen here years ago.
Lenoir got along fine before Walmart, and we can survive again without Walmart. Fred's, Magic Mart, Dollar Tree, Dollar General. It can be done. Groceries, Aldi and Just Save Foods are much cheaper. Thing about how Ms Huffy Hefner lets her staff treat future soldiers, like dirt, for choosing a better career over Walmart the next time you attempt to buy that item for $2.97. The same item in Granite Walmart for $1.37. Same county, different prices and mentality. Support a store who supports future soldiers. This store and Manager does not. Especially 3rd Shift. It does no good to complain to Hefner, head to the Board of Directors. It's at the bottom of the Walmart website.
really

Lenoir, NC

#28 Mar 27, 2013
Ditto wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! I agree. A lot of Lenoir's problem is how they treat their employees. I complained 2 months ago to the websites online complaint form and was called from a person in AR concerning the disturbing complaint I submitted.

For the angry person who keeps putting up the phone number, yes we all call but we still complain on here because its a free country. The web site access is one way to complain but this site helps because I sent the link in my Complaint for Walmart to see how many residents here are disgusted with Lenoir. If Lenoir treated their employees better (especially late shifts) more lines would be open. No one will work here because of how they are treated, that itself is stress then turn around and deal with rude Caldwell rednecks? No wonder there are "Always" long lines. "Always", as their motto goes. I'm glad this site exists as well. Walmart in AR is very aware of this site. They also have numerous complaints about this store but it appears to do nothing to correct the problems.
Unfortunately most corporations pay little attention to store level complaints. As long as the store is profitable and the store stays at or under payroll budgets, they are happy. we have allowed Wal-Mart to gain such a strong hold on the market they know either you will not go elsewhere long term or secondly, there is really no where else to shop that can match cost or the convenience of having the volume of depts they offer under one roof. We did it to ourselves folks
Three uncaring managers

Lenoir, NC

#29 Mar 27, 2013
I was in the Lenoir WalMart store a few days ago. Long, long, lines at the few registers that were open. There were three women who appeared to be supervisors at the front of the store laughing and carring on. All had on name-tags. They totally ignored that we were waiting, and all three slowly walked off. Why didn't they open a register or two and clear out the long lines. They didn't look up and paid no attention at all to the CUSTOMOERS that were waiting. As uncaring a scene from management as I've witnessed in years.
Walmrt customer

Lenoir, NC

#30 Mar 28, 2013
Three uncaring managers wrote:
I was in the Lenoir WalMart store a few days ago. Long, long, lines at the few registers that were open. There were three women who appeared to be supervisors at the front of the store laughing and carring on. All had on name-tags. They totally ignored that we were waiting, and all three slowly walked off. Why didn't they open a register or two and clear out the long lines. They didn't look up and paid no attention at all to the CUSTOMOERS that were waiting. As uncaring a scene from management as I've witnessed in years.
I have seen this exact same type of scene over and over and over in the Lenoir Walmart store. It can only be attributed to how the store is managed. Or "not" managed it seems.

I personally don't know who the current manager is but I do know who the previous manager, Tim Clark, was. I know that because I often saw him out interacting with customers and making sure things ran smoothly. I saw him frequently pitching in to help the cashiers and open additional lines. I saw this with my own eyes and I remember well him being around watching over things.

It doesn't appear that type of management is being practiced anymore and it shows. I absolutely dread going in there anymore simply because of the ridiculous lines. This kind of thing would never have been happening under a Tim Clark managed store I'm convinced.

What kind of message does it send to paying customers when "supervisors" are standing around laughing and ignoring the crazy line?

It screams we don't care!!

We get it... Walmart in Lenoir doesn't care. Period.
locally

Lenoir, NC

#31 Mar 29, 2013
I now shop the one in Granite because of lower prices and usually better selection and no wait times either. It is three times further than Lenoir but would rather spend a little extra gas than to deal with the bs in Lenoir.
really

United States

#32 Mar 29, 2013
locally wrote:
I now shop the one in Granite because of lower prices and usually better selection and no wait times either. It is three times further than Lenoir but would rather spend a little extra gas than to deal with the bs in Lenoir.
Another thing I have noticed is Granite carries alittle larger selection of items than the Lenoir store does. Plus last several times I went to lenoir the shelves were half empty and I'm talking about weekdays when store traffic was not heavy. I have heard several people mention this lately about lenoir, esp the produce section..
dont shop there

Lenoir, NC

#33 Mar 29, 2013
If you want to make a point then speak with your wallet. Wal Mart is terrible for America in general but the Lenoir one is by far one of the most mismanaged I have been in. I live within a few miles of the place and I will drive across town and visit multiple stores if needed to avoid shopping there. I may pay a few dollars more and burn more gas but i will only go there as a last resort.

There are plenty of stores in Lenoir with good deals if you are willing to take the extra time to shop, stop being so lazy. Magic Mart, big lots and Freds are just a few to go to instead of Wal Mart.
curious

United States

#34 Mar 29, 2013
dont shop there wrote:
If you want to make a point then speak with your wallet. Wal Mart is terrible for America in general but the Lenoir one is by far one of the most mismanaged I have been in. I live within a few miles of the place and I will drive across town and visit multiple stores if needed to avoid shopping there. I may pay a few dollars more and burn more gas but i will only go there as a last resort.

There are plenty of stores in Lenoir with good deals if you are willing to take the extra time to shop, stop being so lazy. Magic Mart, big lots and Freds are just a few to go to instead of Wal Mart.
You have the right idea. Wal-Mart has damaged the American retail sector greatly with their volume purchasing power including electronics, grocery, pharmacy, music, clothing, shoes, sporting goods, toys and more by selling mostly china made products at prices lower than most competitors can match. They continue to invade new markets such as cell phone service, auto/tires, banking and eye care by offering exclusive deals in the new markets to slowly remove the competitors. I guess once the markets are fully dominated by them, then that will be the end of low pricing and selection will be limited to what they decide we should buy.
Sad State of Affairs

Lenoir, NC

#35 Mar 31, 2013
Wouldn't you think Walmart would figure out when they were/are busy and staff accordingly. The same number of check-out line seem to be open regardless of the time of day/day of the week. NEVER enough. Always a long wait.........
money

Lenoir, NC

#36 Mar 31, 2013
$

Change
-0.09 -0.12%

Volume
Volume 237,443

Mar 28, 2013, 6:11 p.m.

Real time quotes

/quotes/zigman/245476/quotes/n ls/wmt
Previous close
$ 74.78

$ 74.83

Change
+0.05 +0.07%

Day low
Day high

$74.38
$74.97

Open: 74.84 52 week low
52 week high

$57.18
$77.60

Market cap
$246.37B

Average volume
8.74M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee
$213,255

EPS

Dividend

Div yield
2.51%

Ex dividend date
12/4/13
OK folks, check out the "rev. per Employee" number. Keep in mind this is PER EMPLOYEE. The "market cap" ends in a "B" for BILLIONS. You really think this corp. cares about one store giving lousy service? Like someone said on here, I know it might not be the "handiest" thing, but Dollar store, Dollar Tree, Aldi's, just for a short time might be a wake up call. "Walmart, too big to fail" because of all the "services".
money

Lenoir, NC

#37 Mar 31, 2013
dont shop there wrote:
Amen
avoidbnannoyed

Lenoir, NC

#38 Mar 31, 2013
I stay away from Wal-Mart in Lenoir totally. I despise going to Wal-Mart for anything, but the Lenoir store especially annoys me. I miss the little family stores like Aimes, Crest, Macks, and so on. (Showing my age there too probably). At least with those stores there was good customer service and we were more than just a dollar bill.
ted

Lenoir, NC

#39 Mar 31, 2013
avoidbnannoyed wrote:
I stay away from Wal-Mart in Lenoir totally. I despise going to Wal-Mart for anything, but the Lenoir store especially annoys me. I miss the little family stores like Aimes, Crest, Macks, and so on.(Showing my age there too probably). At least with those stores there was good customer service and we were more than just a dollar bill.
When I go to Walmart, I will drive a few extra miles to Granite. The Lenoir store is very poorly managed.
On The Road Again

Lenoir, NC

#40 Apr 2, 2013
Went to the WM in Lenoir yesterday. They were out of everything. Nothing stocked. After reading these posts I decided to take a run up to Granite Falls. What a difference! The store was well stocked and staffed. No wait at all to check out. Could these two stores be part of the same company? What would it take to get the GF manager to take over the Lenoir store. Stunning differences in all most all aspects.........
Boone Comparison

Lenoir, NC

#41 Apr 4, 2013
I happened to be in Boone this afternoon. We went in to the Boone Walmart to buy a few things. What an amazing difference. There must have been ten lines open....no waiting! Somebody needs to take "Two-Line-Hefner" up there to see what quick customer service looks like!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Has Happened to Green Mountain Park (Apr '14) 4 hr duh 52
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 5 hr Blue Triangle 8,166
Shooting at Food Lion 6 hr wacko ou812 171
Patty Greer 7 hr relatively speaking 5
News Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr... (Jun '13) 12 hr Reason 148
Do these ghost towns exist? 15 hr SJW 42
Gym 17 hr Juan 5
Valdese Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Valdese People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]