First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Toad

Lenoir, NC

#1 Feb 17, 2013
it is a sad day in nascar when a woman wins the pole at daytona!!!
F A N

Spring Lake, NC

#2 Feb 17, 2013
Toad wrote:
i agree ,, BUT MOST OF ALL 12 years ago we lost DALE # 3 sad,,,
really

Newland, NC

#3 Feb 17, 2013
Toad wrote:
Looks like NASCAR is targeting the female audience now. Funny how the buzz for past week or so was how she was poised to win the pole. Amazing prediction. Lol. Sure. Lol
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Yep! Nascar has been rigged for some time. They decide who should win by what will bring in the most money. If you don't go along with their plan than you get penalized. Who are you going to complain too. It's not like thay can go somewhere else and get all that money. You play their game and you get paid it's not about winning anymore.
Bubba

Four Oaks, NC

#5 Feb 18, 2013
It is speculation and rumor that Nascar knew last week who would win the pole. Wouldn't be suprised if she won the race. It's all about filling seats now at the highest price per seat that the fan will pay. But even if it was rigged, I seen with my own two eyes, Danica went around that track at nearly 200 miles per hour beating 42 of Nascar's finest. She deserves some of the credit. I don't agree with some of her life choices or her personality but if I was to ever decide to let a woman chaffuer me around, it would be her.
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Daytona 500, is a restrictor plate race....Who hands out the restrictor plates. Who are the only ones that measure the restrictor plates? Who are the only people that have access to the restrictor plates? NASCAR Officials !!! So how hard is it give one driver an edge over the others?
who cares

Cuajimalpa, Mexico

#7 Feb 18, 2013
If it was rigged wouldn't it be counter productive for her to win given that the vast majority of Nascar fans are men, lol why don't you just admit it pisses you off to see a woman do that. The fact is she is a good driver and pretty damn hot to boot so who cars if she has tits and can drive. Its funny that no one has ever been on here b!tching about Nascar being rigged till some chick wins the poll now its all a conspiracy LMAO.
really

Newland, NC

#8 Feb 18, 2013
who cares wrote:
If it was rigged wouldn't it be counter productive for her to win given that the vast majority of Nascar fans are men, lol why don't you just admit it pisses you off to see a woman do that. The fact is she is a good driver and pretty damn hot to boot so who cars if she has tits and can drive. Its funny that no one has ever been on here b!tching about Nascar being rigged till some chick wins the poll now its all a conspiracy LMAO.
Wrong.. I have said for years NASCAR has changed so much it appears staged or at least very controlled. Yes men are the majority of the viewers which is even more reason to allow a few events occur which draw interest from an entirely new potential audience of females. I do not doubt she turned the track speed shown but NASCAR totally controls the restrictor plate and fuel control systems on cars now so it would be very easy to control the order of the starting line. You forget, NASCAR is not the same racing as years past, it is now big business, big money, big sponsors and they expect a big show as in entertainment and exposure for their investment dollars. NASCAR, like everything else, is all about the money.
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#9 Feb 18, 2013
Wrong! I have also been saying it's rigged for years. It's all about the money!
"CBS this Morning" They were already talking about how her winning the pole is good for the sport.

NASCAR president Mike Helton was one of the first in Victory Lane after qualifying to give Patrick a hug.

ďI definitely think itís good for the team, and itís good for Go Daddy; itís good for NASCAR,Ē Patrick said.ďItís good for the race itself. When they mention who is on the pole, theyíre going to mention when the race is. Thatís good for the whole sport.Ē

In other words more money for NASCAR!
Wrong Pole

Hickory, NC

#10 Feb 18, 2013
She should stick with what she does best and stick
to pole dancing!
ha ha

Lenoir, NC

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Wrong Pole wrote:
She should stick with what she does best and stick
to pole dancing!
Looks like she does pretty good at driving to me. How does it make you feel to know a woman can out drive you any day or night of the week, makes that small pecker seem even smaller doesn't it.
really

Newland, NC

#12 Feb 18, 2013
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like she does pretty good at driving to me. How does it make you feel to know a woman can out drive you any day or night of the week, makes that small pecker seem even smaller doesn't it.
I agree she drives great however don't you find it odd she was "predicted by many" to win the pole a week ago? It is nothing but entertainment. Have you noticed the past few years how NASCAR doesn't desire for one driver the dominate the sport any longer as was the situation in the original NASCAR. I doubt you will ever again see one driver dominate as NASCAR wants loyalty to the sport, not the drivers and I don't see them letting one driver build an influential power base that could ever question or challenge nascars motives or changes. Powerful and influential drivers such as Dale Sr are a thing of the past. Now they take basically unknown drivers, dress them up, teach them what to say, make them look nice and put them in 10million dollar race teams carrying some of the most expensive advertising money can buy. When is last time in recent history you heard a driver voice his true opinion or make a negative remark about changes? None, because they are fined or pushed out of the limelight as punishment. It is all about the money now. Watch and see, the truth will come out eventually.
Wrong Pole

Hickory, NC

#13 Feb 18, 2013
LOL, Any NASCAR driver would have won the pole with that car. Qualifying is not racing. I want be watching but I doubt she even finishes the race. It's all a publicly stunt to make money!
really

Newland, NC

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Wrong Pole wrote:
LOL, Any NASCAR driver would have won the pole with that car. Qualifying is not racing. I want be watching but I doubt she even finishes the race. It's all a publicly stunt to make money!
I think as a way to draw attention to the big race it is possible she may get to win the smaller race or at least have a strong finish but don't see that for the sprint cup race. I think they have to give her a good showing in the smaller race to avoid her pole position looking like a fluke or a one time thing. Plus, always in the back of my mind, Go Daddy her sponsor spends huge money advertising thru NASCAR and many super bowls ads so I am sure they want attention on her car more often. Keeping them happy means big bucks for NASCAR too.
Yuup

Four Oaks, NC

#15 Feb 18, 2013
I hope she suprises everyone and wins the race. She is certainly with a team that can win and if trevor Baine can win a race in his rookie year why can't she. I would put my money her before I would a Waltrip and the buches are all washed up, thank goodness.
really

Newland, NC

#16 Feb 18, 2013
Yuup wrote:
I hope she suprises everyone and wins the race. She is certainly with a team that can win and if trevor Baine can win a race in his rookie year why can't she. I would put my money her before I would a Waltrip and the buches are all washed up, thank goodness.
I am not really partial to if she wins or someone else wins, I have no preferred driver. I'm just saying in my opinion the whole basis of racing is now tightly controlled and is based on entertainment value to increase more profit and more marketing exposure for the sponsors and not like the true sport of racing once was. If it gets any more controlled and regulated by NASCAR they may as well let the drivers sit in a safe, air conditioned VIP room and drive the cars by remote control, kind of like the Air Force pilots fly the drone aircraft. Just saying :)
Tad

Stanley, NC

#17 Feb 18, 2013
Don't think that sport is not crooked! Remember they have to sell tickets. Attendence has dropped off. The female could help draw a crowd.
Wrong Pole

Hickory, NC

#18 Feb 19, 2013
Yuup wrote:

If she wins it will be because NASCAR wanted her to win. It will be because she was given an advantage over all the other drivers.

Her best finish:
4/13 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Texas 8th
11/10 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Phoenix 10th
Average finish last year 18th In the Nationwide Series

And now all of a sudden she is among the best drivers in NASCAR?
Give me a break!
Wrong Pole

Hickory, NC

#19 Feb 19, 2013
2012 Record in SPRINT CUP Finish
2/23 Duel 1 16
2/26 Daytona 500 38
5/12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Darlington 31
5/27 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Charlotte 30
8/25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Bristol 29
9/2 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Atlanta 29
9/16 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Chicago 25
9/30 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Dover 28
10/21 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas 32
11/4 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Texas 24
11/11 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Phoenix 17
Yuup

Four Oaks, NC

#20 Feb 19, 2013
Wrong Pole wrote:
<quoted text>
If she wins it will be because NASCAR wanted her to win. It will be because she was given an advantage over all the other drivers.
Her best finish:
4/13 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Texas 8th
11/10 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Phoenix 10th
Average finish last year 18th In the Nationwide Series
And now all of a sudden she is among the best drivers in NASCAR?
Give me a break!
Your attempt at dishing Danica's record has proven nothing. As lack luster as her numbers were last year, she was still better than over half of the men in the division that have been running this series for years. I am not taking up for Nascar or am I a big fan of Danica's but she is way better than you give her credit for. It's about time that someone comes into Nascar and shows all these hot shoe men that think they are better than sliced bread that they're not as great as they think they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doug Jones: UAB sex assault victim "cynical ext... 8 min State of Florida 8
The New Intolerance of Student Activism 1 hr State of Florida 11
Noted Topix contributor Victoria injured 1 hr State of Florida 17
FBI, DOJ can't verify Trump dossier 2 hr State of Florida 4
Texas unemployment lowest in 40 years 3 hr State of Florida 4
my dog has mange i need help (Aug '09) 4 hr Tobster 72
Doc accused of groping Santa's reindeer 5 hr waco1909 1910 10

Valdese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance