Mountain Grove Church Thunder Sunday

Posted in the Valdese Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amazed

Lenoir, NC

#1 Jun 8, 2010
I came by Mountain Grove Church Sunday, on my way to church, and noticed ALL the motorcycles and bikers out there. It was such an AWESOME sight to see. I kept thinking how wonderful that a church was reaching out to others, especially bikers, like that. It excited me and the whold drive to church I kept thinking about it. Upon arriving at my church, I was sharing this with others and was surprised at how quick others were criticizing and condeming Mountain Grove for this. I was so hurt by how members of my own church were so hypocritical and judgemental. How can you profess to be a Christian then judge others and not want "certain types" of people in your church? I realized my church wants you cleaned up, straightened up and living right BEFORE you come to church. That's not what the Bible says. The Bible teaches us to come to God ask forgiveness for your sins and profess him as your Saviour and he'll start the work in you. That's what churches are for... to help people get their lives stratightened out not for only the ones who have already.
Gamewell Redneck

Lenoir, NC

#2 Jun 8, 2010
Amazed wrote:
I came by Mountain Grove Church Sunday, on my way to church, and noticed ALL the motorcycles and bikers out there. It was such an AWESOME sight to see. I kept thinking how wonderful that a church was reaching out to others, especially bikers, like that. It excited me and the whold drive to church I kept thinking about it. Upon arriving at my church, I was sharing this with others and was surprised at how quick others were criticizing and condeming Mountain Grove for this. I was so hurt by how members of my own church were so hypocritical and judgemental. How can you profess to be a Christian then judge others and not want "certain types" of people in your church? I realized my church wants you cleaned up, straightened up and living right BEFORE you come to church. That's not what the Bible says. The Bible teaches us to come to God ask forgiveness for your sins and profess him as your Saviour and he'll start the work in you. That's what churches are for... to help people get their lives stratightened out not for only the ones who have already.
What I would do if I were you is start attending Mountain Grove. Then the financial support you give to the church can go to worthwhile things; like reaching out to bikers and paying lawyers to fight lawsuits so the church doesn't have to pays its bills.........
Bugs

Clayton, NC

#3 Jun 8, 2010
I would not attend a church that did not reach out to others, especially bikers. Bikers for the biggest part are more outgoing, ready to lend a helping hand to those in need, raise money and spend their own time to support charities. Bikers, unlike the "certain types" that attend your church stand together and do not back bite nor have their little groups when attending a function.Your church should start a bike ministry or invite an already organized christian bike ministry to attend or speak to your church then maybe your perception of bikers would change. Of those that I have met, most churches would envy the devotion of their members and their faithfulness to God.
Leo

Lenoir, NC

#4 Jun 8, 2010
To Gamewell Redneck,

You have the first part correct, you should be attending Mountain Grove and you would see how things really work. The financial support you call it is called "Tithes". Why wouldn't a church reach out to bikers or anyone else that is in need? As for the lawsuit you were talking about, that was settled in court with a judge and jury and Mountain Grove was found not responisble for what was owed to the builder due to the builder not meeting requirements. That is behind Mountain Grove, and the Lord is doing great works in that church. Maybe, you should stick your head in some time and see what is really going on!
I always believed

Granite Falls, NC

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Mrs Chester has judged others and myself for not being "good enough" for their church she works for and attends. I find it strange for someone who is a christian that's not supposed to judge is one of the biggest hypocrites. I find it rude, snotty, and just plain mean. It's great that her and her husband have made a great life for themselves but she knows better than to look down on and make others feel that she sees them as "less" than her.If she continues to do such she will go to hell!
sarah

Newton, NC

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Gods house is a house of worship not a parking lot.
Cliff

Lenoir, NC

#10 Jun 8, 2013
Please allow me to share with you with we really believe at Mountain Grove Church: We believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16); we believe in the Virgin Birth of Christ (Isaiah 7:14); we believe He lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15); we believe He dies on the Cross for the sins of mankind (Hebrew 7:27, 1 Peter 3:18); we believe He raised from the grave on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-11); we believe He ascended into Heaven (Acts 1:11); and we believe in the Premillennial concept of His Second Coming. These are indisputable biblical truths know as the Gospel (Good News).
How Mountain Grove chooses to share this Gospel might be different from the your local fellowship but the real issue is that Jesus Christ came to save the lost and that what we should be about.
How do I know about Mountain Grove Church? I have been their Pastor for the last 27 years.
Poncho Pakalolo

United States

#11 Jun 8, 2013
With all due respect, I have a few questions for the Reverend:
1.) Innerant? First, I'm curious which version -or language for that matter- of the bible you think is inerrant. And second, if mankind physically 'wrote' the bible, yet is fallible, how can we be sure that mankind that screw up dictation?

2.) What is your definition, or the message that you preach to your congregation -in a nutshell- of a "sinless life?"

3.) What does dying on a cross ACTUALLY and physically do in forgiving mankind from future sins, and/or till his return? And as an aside, outside of the bible (the Pentateuch), what other historical texts, books, scrolls, anything actually mention anything about Jesus during his time on earth from that same time period? I mean, if there was some new mover and shaker aggravating everyone from the Romans to his own people, the Jews, performing miracles for the masses and feeding thousands, wouldn't all these things be something that people from all over the Mediterranean would have heard about, and something that every chronicler would be compiling somewhere?

4.) I'm deciding to skip over the whole 'Easter/Passover' thing. I'm just giving God a free pass on the whole killing babies thing. While I hold a love for mankind and its beauty and creation, I believe that we as a species are entirely overrunning our planet and in essence have become a nuisance pest. Anyway, moving to the apocalypse, Are you saying that you believe or teach your conversation that we are living in the end times or just before the rapture?

5.) And lastly, is that a typo or did you mean he literally raised out of the grave or was raised? If 'he raised' out of the grave, that implys that he did it, or was not dead. I'm confused.
Poncho Pakalolo

United States

#12 Jun 8, 2013
You'll have to forgive the typos... Autocorrect does what it wants. Conversation=congregation
Cliff

Lenoir, NC

#13 Jun 9, 2013
Yep I agree (as you can see from my article) Autocorrect kinda does what it wants.
Allow me to briefly respond to your concerns:
1. Briefly because time and space will not allow me anything else.I personally believe the term “inerrancy” refers to the idea that the Bible, in its original manuscripts, is accurate and completely free from error of any kind. The Bible teaches that "All Scripture is breathed out by God" (2 Timothy 3:16). The Greek says,"breathed out by God" and this is the basis of inspiration. This is explained further by the apostle Peter who writes, "no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:20,21). Therefore, it cannot be denied the Holy Spirit was actively involved in bringing God's words to humans.
2. Sinless life. Christ lived a sinless simply because He chose to. You and I sin when we chose to - because we want. Christ chose to live a "sinless" life.
3. The word is "atonement"and describes how human beings can be reconciled to God. The atonement actually refers to the forgiving or pardoning of sin through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, based on a sinless sacrifice made for sinful humanity.
4. It doesn't take an extremely smart person to realize we are rapidly moving toward the end of life as we know it today.
5. Romans 8:11 answers your question just fine: "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you (every believer).
The authority for saving faith is the Bible as seen in Romans 10:17 and until you can get settled up there you will always struggle in these area.
tommy

Lenoir, NC

#14 Jun 9, 2013
Gamewell Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What I would do if I were you is start attending Mountain Grove. Then the financial support you give to the church can go to worthwhile things; like reaching out to bikers and paying lawyers to fight lawsuits so the church doesn't have to pays its bills.........


well fellow; you probably know anything about the church. we pay our bills. it's when you hire contractors to a job worth thousands of dollars, then don't do it to the contract specs, but still want paid for it. so if you don't , ask someone who does. now for the bikers. chances are, one of your friends, co-worker, or neighbor, or someone behind a counter that you know has a bike and goes to the church. are you saying anyone with a bike is trash? maybe your daughter has ridden one, with someone. is she trash as well? better think of it a while. it could also apply to racers, mt grove is a great church. I it wasn't, then why hasn't GOD burnt it down? come and visit us. the pastor is a great speaker.
Truth Hurts

Lenoir, NC

#15 Jun 9, 2013
God doesnt burn down churches when people inside it do wrong for the same reason he doesnt strike child molestors. When He returns, He will judge. I was a paralegal during the "big case",and my only question is why you can still have church if it didnt pass inspection. Hundreds of thousands of dollars were contributed to build the church- but no builder got the money. So who did? I know in every church there are good and bad- but my husband was raised at Mountain Grove- and when I suggested attending there- he said, nothing but liars, cheaters, and theives go there.I said there are far too many people going there for that to be true-and he responded with this- Honey, if you wanted to appear to be a Christian while living however you chose, thats where you go. Also, the builder that sued also lost loads of money in materials- which are still that the wickedborrows but doesnt pay back-hanging on the walls. In my is opinion, and only mine- Psalm 37:21 says the righteous gives.The material bill could have been reimbursed, but apparently the church felt it was undeserved. Its sad, because if you read the Word, it doesnt leave room for question. Sorry, but the truth hurts.
Truth Hurts

Lenoir, NC

#16 Jun 9, 2013
Soory- Psalm 37 says the wicked borrows and doesnt pay back...its a shame because who knows who is right on the suit?
Sonnyy

Lenoir, NC

#17 Jun 9, 2013
Poncho Pakalolo wrote:
With all due respect, I have a few questions for the Reverend:
1.) Innerant? First, I'm curious which version -or language for that matter- of the bible you think is inerrant. And second, if mankind physically 'wrote' the bible, yet is fallible, how can we be sure that mankind that screw up dictation?
2.) What is your definition, or the message that you preach to your congregation -in a nutshell- of a "sinless life?"
3.) What does dying on a cross ACTUALLY and physically do in forgiving mankind from future sins, and/or till his return? And as an aside, outside of the bible (the Pentateuch), what other historical texts, books, scrolls, anything actually mention anything about Jesus during his time on earth from that same time period? I mean, if there was some new mover and shaker aggravating everyone from the Romans to his own people, the Jews, performing miracles for the masses and feeding thousands, wouldn't all these things be something that people from all over the Mediterranean would have heard about, and something that every chronicler would be compiling somewhere?
4.) I'm deciding to skip over the whole 'Easter/Passover' thing. I'm just giving God a free pass on the whole killing babies thing. While I hold a love for mankind and its beauty and creation, I believe that we as a species are entirely overrunning our planet and in essence have become a nuisance pest.
Anyway, moving to the apocalypse, Are you saying that you believe or teach your conversation that we are living in the end times or just before the rapture?
5.) And lastly, is that a typo or did you mean he literally raised out of the grave or was raised? If 'he raised' out of the grave, that implys that he did it, or was not dead. I'm confused.
Just as i thought, the people that doesn't attend a specific church are the one who are quick to down another church. For you mr SC the best way to find out about another church (Mt Grove) is to ask some one like your self. A person who has never attended here is the one you should ask.
Darlene

Lenoir, NC

#18 Jun 10, 2013
Where's the thread on all the other imperfect churches and pastors that all you accusers and rock throwers attend? I don't attend Mountain Grove regularly and I am not a member but I know a "little something" about them and the Pastor. All I can say is if you can go and sit under his sermons and can honestly tell me what is wrong after having sit there as a group for several sermons then I'll listen to what you say. If not you are just like I was and you are listening to a bunch of bitter lies that people spread when they split off a church. I would venture to say that everyone posting is a member of one of those broken churches. Before you call this pastor a false prophet you better make sure he is, before you blaspheme the name of the Lord with your bitter tongue due to having issues with a man who knows he's not perfect and needs the Lord.
As for this church not being up to code, don't you think they had to hire someone to do the work correctly? Don't you think they had to pay that person? Also they didn't borrow money from a contractor. They borrow money from a bank/or other sources that have been or are being paid back. If a contractor uses his materials incorrectly and looses money and a state regulated source says it was done incorrectly, should the trusting and innocent church members pay that crook? Seriously?

I know everybody hates to loose. Nobody wants to admit they are wrong. Everyone wants to come accusing with your disguised identities and make yourself feel better about who you really are but get real. If don't get real here get real with God.
Stephen

Fayetteville, NC

#19 Jun 10, 2013
Thanks Cliff for your message Sunday. I was getting to a place where I was so overwhelmed with all the tragedies going on in the world that I didn't know where to start in prayer. God has opened up the floodgates. I can start with those around me in need. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not that smart. But what I know is that when no one else was there for me in the darkest moments of my life, Jesus was. I don't see how any one can fault a man who's core message is that people should love God and each other. My hope is based on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. Thanks Cliff for your service to this community. The church isn't a building. It is the body of those who believe in Jesus Christ.

Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord ’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the Lord, my soul.(Psalm 103:1-22 NIV)
Harley

Hudson, NC

#20 Jun 10, 2013
tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
well fellow; you probably know anything about the church. we pay our bills. it's when you hire contractors to a job worth thousands of dollars, then don't do it to the contract specs, but still want paid for it. so if you don't , ask someone who does. now for the bikers. chances are, one of your friends, co-worker, or neighbor, or someone behind a counter that you know has a bike and goes to the church. are you saying anyone with a bike is trash? maybe your daughter has ridden one, with someone. is she trash as well? better think of it a while. it could also apply to racers, mt grove is a great church. I it wasn't, then why hasn't GOD burnt it down? come and visit us. the pastor is a great speaker.
People don't realize how much "bikes" cost. Not everyone who rides a motorcycle is poor or living some vagrant lifestyle. Biking is a sport to some people and a lifestyle to others. Either way bikes aren't free and some cost more than cars. For whatever, anyone that goes to church should be welcomed whether they drive a Mercedes or a bike or ride in on a donkey. The Church teaches people to respect God. God made the people in the hopes they'd bring joy and successful living to the world. We should do that.

“GOD LUVS ANIMALS 2”

Since: Oct 07

LENOIR

#21 Jun 11, 2013
Amazed wrote:
I came by Mountain Grove Church Sunday, on my way to church, and noticed ALL the motorcycles and bikers out there. It was such an AWESOME sight to see. I kept thinking how wonderful that a church was reaching out to others, especially bikers, like that. It excited me and the whold drive to church I kept thinking about it. Upon arriving at my church, I was sharing this with others and was surprised at how quick others were criticizing and condeming Mountain Grove for this. I was so hurt by how members of my own church were so hypocritical and judgemental. How can you profess to be a Christian then judge others and not want "certain types" of people in your church? I realized my church wants you cleaned up, straightened up and living right BEFORE you come to church. That's not what the Bible says. The Bible teaches us to come to God ask forgiveness for your sins and profess him as your Saviour and he'll start the work in you. That's what churches are for... to help people get their lives stratightened out not for only the ones who have already.
WONDERFUL CHURCH!!! PASTOR BLACK IS AWSOME.

“GOD LUVS ANIMALS 2”

Since: Oct 07

LENOIR

#22 Jun 11, 2013
Awsome church!!! Preacher Black is a Great Pastor

“GOD LUVS ANIMALS 2”

Since: Oct 07

LENOIR

#23 Jun 11, 2013
Cliff wrote:
Please allow me to share with you with we really believe at Mountain Grove Church: We believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16); we believe in the Virgin Birth of Christ (Isaiah 7:14); we believe He lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15); we believe He dies on the Cross for the sins of mankind (Hebrew 7:27, 1 Peter 3:18); we believe He raised from the grave on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-11); we believe He ascended into Heaven (Acts 1:11); and we believe in the Premillennial concept of His Second Coming. These are indisputable biblical truths know as the Gospel (Good News).
How Mountain Grove chooses to share this Gospel might be different from the your local fellowship but the real issue is that Jesus Christ came to save the lost and that what we should be about.
How do I know about Mountain Grove Church? I have been their Pastor for the last 27 years.
pastor black is a true man of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your Police Department 24 min SSGT USMC 12
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 27 min TSF 3,648
Ebola in America 1 hr David53g 11
Dating link on Topix 2 hr Jaws67 2
food!! 2 hr Cyrus5590 10
teacher at HHS (Mar '11) 10 hr Closest to the Hole 64
Childrens Christmas Event 14 hr Mmmmm 9
Valdese Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Valdese People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Valdese News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Valdese

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:22 am PST

Bleacher Report12:22AM
Atlanta Falcons: Steven Jackson out Opens Up the Offense More
Bleacher Report12:22 AM
Atlanta Falcons: Steven Jackson out Opens Up the Offense More
NBC Sports 4:23 AM
Report: Steven Jackson unlikely to play this week
NFL 5:53 AM
Steven Jackson reportedly likely out for Falcons
NFL 5:53 AM
Steven Jackson reportedly likely out for Falcons