Anger builds in case of NC disabled g...

Anger builds in case of NC disabled girl's death

There are 38 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Nov 20, 2010, titled Anger builds in case of NC disabled girl's death. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Allison Kolb, right, and Casey Tillman, left, place items at memorial for Zahra Baker in front of the last home Adam and Elisa Baker lived in Hickory, N.C., Thursday, Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alicia

Lillington, NC

#25 Dec 3, 2010
Patience wrote:
I to am wishful that someone will be held responsible in Zahra's death but everyone needs to calm down and quit trying to be judge and jury until the process has time to work. Let the police do their job so that they can get the best case possible. Everybody wants to jump the gun and execute them last month. We don't even know all the evidence that HPD has. Just maybe they haven't charged anyone yet because they want to make sure the charges stick. I have more trust in the police than I do the DA. So, everyone take a deep breath and let justice takes its course.
For now all we can do is wait, There is a lot of evidence that we, the public, is not privy to. All in due time. I think that with Zahra's case Child Abuse has been given a wake up call. We'll never really know all she did go through but the WORLD awareness has risen greatly. May no other child go through this.
violentcrimesurv ivor

Denver, NC

#26 Dec 4, 2010
All I can say re: the stepmom and dad of Zahra Baker and Jay Gaither taking the death penalty and first degree murder charges on the table if Elisa cooperates is this: Jay better have a phenomenal hand to play if he doesn't want folks to regret re-electing him. I have to believe he does. We only know what the media tells us, and whats on public record. I think before this is all over, our community is going to be even more disgusted than ever before. I just wish some positive information would come out that would give us hope that Zahra's death is not in vain, that justice will be served for her. That's all I care about.
gogetum

United States

#27 Dec 4, 2010
A judge has the right too toss a plea bargin this will test the metal of those in charge.
Concerned

Lenoir, NC

#28 Dec 4, 2010
gogetum wrote:
A judge has the right too toss a plea bargin this will test the metal of those in charge.
Yes you are right, but it's not a plea bargain if she isn't charged with first degree murder.
A judge could and probably would impose the maximum sentence for 2nd degree murder which I am fairly sure would be 50 years.
Alicia

Smithfield, NC

#29 Dec 4, 2010
Check out today's Hickory Daily Record headlines. A lady in Gastonia has started a Facebook For Zahra. Zahra's real mom is involved and has started a movement in Australia. We, the public" will make a difference.
Blessed

United States

#30 Dec 4, 2010
do you have the name of the person who started the fb page so i can look her up? i also want to say j gaither will rott one day for making a plea with elisa in exchange for her to show them where the body parts were,im so glad she showed them dont get me wrong, im so glad but for him to make a bargin with this hussy,it furiates me,also why has neither man been charged in the alledged rape of tis child? and were has dam baker gotten too? j gaither is a sorry pos and he works deals with those who murder and it just turns my stomac.wonder where elisa's daughter's are? and her cousin who visited her in jail? and dss should fire every dern worker who worked this case 12 reports so 12 workers should be fired unless they sent the same worker for all 12 cases. sorry to be so upset but it has taken a toll on me. so many un answered questions and a little angel chopped up and spread all over the county and dss knew she was in danger her step sisters had to know the child was abused,i just do not understand!
Carolina Watchdog

Morganton, NC

#31 Dec 4, 2010
Blessed wrote:
do you have the name of the person who started the fb page so i can look her up? i also want to say j gaither will rott one day for making a plea with elisa in exchange for her to show them where the body parts were,im so glad she showed them dont get me wrong, im so glad but for him to make a bargin with this hussy,it furiates me,also why has neither man been charged in the alledged rape of tis child? and were has dam baker gotten too? j gaither is a sorry pos and he works deals with those who murder and it just turns my stomac.wonder where elisa's daughter's are? and her cousin who visited her in jail? and dss should fire every dern worker who worked this case 12 reports so 12 workers should be fired unless they sent the same worker for all 12 cases. sorry to be so upset but it has taken a toll on me. so many un answered questions and a little angel chopped up and spread all over the county and dss knew she was in danger her step sisters had to know the child was abused,i just do not understand!
I have heard that three (3) have been fired already

“God it's been a long day”

Since: May 08

Lenoir

#32 Dec 4, 2010
Everyone on here who has commented on DHS in Caldwell County should call Rob Bratcher, your county commissioner who is on the DHS board, and would rather fire building inspectors for Ben and Clay than make a difference for the children of CC. That would be way more effective that this forum.
court

United States

#33 Dec 4, 2010
Blessed wrote:
do you have the name of the person who started the fb page so i can look her up? i also want to say j gaither will rott one day for making a plea with elisa in exchange for her to show them where the body parts were,im so glad she showed them dont get me wrong, im so glad but for him to make a bargin with this hussy,it furiates me,also why has neither man been charged in the alledged rape of tis child? and were has dam baker gotten too? j gaither is a sorry pos and he works deals with those who murder and it just turns my stomac.wonder where elisa's daughter's are? and her cousin who visited her in jail? and dss should fire every dern worker who worked this case 12 reports so 12 workers should be fired unless they sent the same worker for all 12 cases. sorry to be so upset but it has taken a toll on me. so many un answered questions and a little angel chopped up and spread all over the county and dss knew she was in danger her step sisters had to know the child was abused,i just do not understand!
Just so you know

As far as DSS goes they try to send the same worker out once a file has been started though it can't always be done. I say with that many reports it probably wasn't. If the worker that went be fore is out a few days when the report comes in then someone else has to go. But there can be other reasons to. But once a worker is familar with the family situation it is believed to be more effective to send the same worker.
court

United States

#34 Dec 4, 2010
Carolina Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard that three (3) have been fired already
What 3 workers this should be front page. News media should be all over it.
porcelain

AOL

#35 Dec 5, 2010
court wrote:
<quoted text>
What 3 workers this should be front page. News media should be all over it.
I agree, our Sunday School lesson today was about praying for WIDSON. Where is our Nation headed? God's favored his little children, and here in our OWN community, we are allowing this agency and case workers get away with being inresponsbile for protecting God's children and the elderely. These agency and case workers have become programed with a mind set of not being held accountable to their jobs and to God. We tend to forget as time goes by the pain and unjust we feel now regarding Zarya and this agency and case workers are accustome to our ways of forgetting and not holding, and demanding from them accoumtable.THANK YOU, and God Bless.
justiceseeker51

“Live Laugh Love”

Since: Mar 10

and Forgive

#36 Dec 5, 2010
They have the option to come into(or not)your home and destroy your household, extended families and friends lives...They think they are God!

They have no oversight....when it comes down to an investigation...they cry confidentiality. Therefore they get away with it.

Maybe, this precious child, Zahra, will cause some much needed changes in the system.

BUT in can not be done without help from the citizens...People call your Congressmen/women about

S.3817...Vote NO
S. 519...Vote YES
S.J.42...Vote YES
H.J.16...Vote YES

Google these bills and find out what we're fighting. They want 'International Law' to guide US.

This needs change.
porcelain

AOL

#37 Dec 7, 2010
BKD09 wrote:
They have the option to come into(or not)your home and destroy your household, extended families and friends lives...They think they are God!
They have no oversight....when it comes down to an investigation...they cry confidentiality. Therefore they get away with it.
Maybe, this precious child, Zahra, will cause some much needed changes in the system.
BUT in can not be done without help from the citizens...People call your Congressmen/women about
S.3817...Vote NO
S. 519...Vote YES
S.J.42...Vote YES
H.J.16...Vote YES
Google these bills and find out what we're fighting. They want 'International Law' to guide US.
This needs change.
Your post is so informative. It BLOWS my mind that no one has replyed. I take from no reply, no commentment, no involvement, they don't give a second thought except to compete with Nancy Grace.
Alicia

Smithfield, NC

#38 Dec 8, 2010
The lady who has started the facebook page for the Zahra Project is Kristie Pope, she lives in Greensboro. the first website is: www.thezahraproject.com/The_Zahra_Project.htm...
The other one is The Zahra Project clothing at www.cafepress.com/thezahraproject
Really

Lenoir, NC

#39 Dec 8, 2010
Social Services sucks! I have called them before on another child and got no results!
Alicia

Smithfield, NC

#40 Dec 8, 2010
If you have called recently and feel nothing has been done then you should call them back and ask. Make sure you get the persons name that you talk to and keep a record of your calls. As a last result you can call the cops. But if you feel a child is in danger, you need to stick with it until you KNOW the child is safe. Just stating my opinion.
BKD09

Danville, KY

#41 Dec 8, 2010
BKD09 wrote:
They have the option to come into(or not)your home and destroy your household, extended families and friends lives...They think they are God!
They have no oversight....when it comes down to an investigation...they cry confidentiality. Therefore they get away with it.
Maybe, this precious child, Zahra, will cause some much needed changes in the system.
BUT in can not be done without help from the citizens...People call your Congressmen/women about
S.3817...Vote NO
S. 519...Vote YES
S.J.42...Vote YES
H.J.16...Vote YES
Google these bills and find out what we're fighting. They want 'International Law' to guide US.
This needs change.
Also go to Google: AFRA-America Family Rights:
It goes into better detail....

“The Usurper FAILED”

Since: Apr 11

Americans

#42 Jul 30, 2011
More, More, More!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans Know Clinton Will Win 16 min Robert 19
A Sory of Appalachia 27 min Slippery Pete 5
Thank God I'm White. 29 min Slippery Pete 101
Stop Gaybashing Waco!!! 37 min The Truth 1
Meet the Press 2 hr Ball Boy 4
Lip plate piercing for African Americans. 3 hr Robert 4
Anti Racist is a codeword for Anti White. 3 hr Robert 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valdese Mortgages