Hope Youre Happy

Banner Elk, NC

#33218 Jan 23, 2013
Oblahblah....hes a fine one alright

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33219 Jan 23, 2013
Lyndon was always portrayed as an idiot by the media.But make no mistake about it, he was a shrewd and canny man who pushed through Kennedys agenda.My mother cried the day Kennedy was shot.I was to young to know what was going on.But, when MLK was killed.....I was old enough to cry.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33220 Jan 23, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you can prove it. Have no fear about the farm....going to put my best "boss" on it.
Oh you have fear alright. You may fool some but not me old man. You would'nt last no longer on a farm than lightening lay on a limb, boss or otherwise. What you need is to be hog tied and horse whipped and made to do a honest days work. The worst you have suffered is mostly likely a paper cut while sitting behind a desk in your private sector accounting firm. Your day is drawing nigh and I FEAR it wont be pretty for you.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33221 Jan 23, 2013
When MLK was killed, I was young, I was innocent.But by then, I'd been watching the news for years, and I knew, if I knew anything, that killing that man was so wrong, so twisted, that it was pure evil.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33222 Jan 23, 2013
But through all this, I still like a guy like Silvercoast.Maybe, I just don't write people off that easily.I've been written off a few times.Seems to me, with all the hits Christianity takes in this forum,MLK was a true and real Christian.Who, like all the rest of us, was not perfect.But he strived!

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33223 Jan 23, 2013
Its warm outside, and the sun is out.Going out to enjoy it.If Gail/Mr.Anderson shows up, screw y'all!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33224 Jan 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Like I said, the famous"N" word will go away when all the rest of the racial words like"cracker", poor white trash", "trailer trash", go away.These words all dehumanize.So, who, of all the people here on"Topix", is the"poorest"? Is it a competition? Well, I guess I've earned my"poor"stripes.Arno ld what do you think of all these "adjectives"? I think they separate us into warring tribes.
Waco, I have used the word cracker. Mostly to Gail. I am white yet she has used the "n" word toward me just because I defend Arnold. The "poorest" is most likely me, that is as far as material things or belongings. You don't take it with you when you go. My daddy left this world with out a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of but the morals and values he left me made me rich. The only thing that separates us is the lack of respect of our fellow man. We need to humble ourselves one to another. Life is much to short to spend it believing we are some how better than another because of skin color or how much we own.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33225 Jan 23, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Mama took us all out to the Fish Camp for our first meal after the law changed and desegregation came to town. Mama brought us all in proudly among all the stares, and she cried most of the time through the meal she was so happy. I bought and framed her pictures of Lyndon Johnson, John Kennedy and Martin Luther King that she placed on the mantle a few days later. They stayed there till the day she died. From that day forward, Mama was a die hard Democrat. So was I. Those are good memories. Liberty and justice for all finally came to town.
Arnold your mother was an exceptional lady. You have every reason to hold your head up high and be proud of who you are and where you came from. I have never met you but, I love you because you have a heart of gold:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33226 Jan 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Like I said, the famous"N" word will go away when all the rest of the racial words like"cracker", poor white trash", "trailer trash", go away.These words all dehumanize.So, who, of all the people here on"Topix", is the"poorest"? Is it a competition? Well, I guess I've earned my"poor"stripes.Arno ld what do you think of all these "adjectives"? I think they separate us into warring tribes.
There is no doubt about it. I am guilty and you are absolutely right.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33227 Jan 23, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold your mother was an exceptional lady. You have every reason to hold your head up high and be proud of who you are and where you came from. I have never met you but, I love you because you have a heart of gold:)
Thank you very much, Allen. Thank you for being one of the enlightened ones who remains consistant with your high values and beliefs. You also show great measures of courage.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33228 Jan 23, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Mike and I agree. I see no comparison between Arnold's childhood and Bacon's. Bacon stated that see grew up poor, did not have the best of clothes, her grandparents took them out to eat occasionally. In the same breath she states that her grandparents were wealthy. Why in the world would wealthy grandparents take their poor little grandchildren out to eat, to a cheap place at that, dressed like ragdolls.
I grew up dirt floor poor, sure taught me alot about survival. When someone in my family said they were going out to eat it meant they were going to eat their beans and taters on the front porch.
Get your story straight. My mom and dad took us to McDonalds and Tony's Ice Cream and my grandparents took us to restaurants. My grandfather came to this country made his money by hard work, no one gave him a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of and he figured the way to teach people to make their way was thru hard work. Although we "ragdolls" were not dressed as nicely as the other patrons in the restaurant, my grandfather was of the mindset that "it's not the clothes that makes the man but the man that makes the clothes." He wasn't ashamed of us. My grandparents were wealthy and worked hard to earn their wealth, and he figured if he could do it with a second grade education, people with a high school diploma surely could do far better than he did. In the words of TEW, he offered a hand up, not a hand out. My grandfather's idea of entitlements was you were entitled to what you worked to make and if you felt like you needed more, then work harder. Now go eat your beans and taters on the front porch.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33229 Jan 23, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
Romney said Chrysler would build jeeps in China. Obama and the democrats called this the "lie of the year". Weeks before the election Chrysler CEO was busy denying that they had any plans to make the jeep brand in China. Jan 15th Chrysler announces jeep brand to be made in China.

Romney said there would be issues with al-Qaida in Mali. Jan 10th al-Qaida took over the town in Mali.

April 2012 Romney began predicting that in a second term Obama would begin the process of attacking the 2nd amendment. Obama and democrats tried to reassure the American public that this was not the case.

We know the outcome of this one.

It seems Romney was 100% correct on all counts.
Here here
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33230 Jan 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. My mom and dad took us to McDonalds and Tony's Ice Cream and my grandparents took us to restaurants. My grandfather came to this country made his money by hard work, no one gave him a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of and he figured the way to teach people to make their way was thru hard work. Although we "ragdolls" were not dressed as nicely as the other patrons in the restaurant, my grandfather was of the mindset that "it's not the clothes that makes the man but the man that makes the clothes." He wasn't ashamed of us. My grandparents were wealthy and worked hard to earn their wealth, and he figured if he could do it with a second grade education, people with a high school diploma surely could do far better than he did. In the words of TEW, he offered a hand up, not a hand out. My grandfather's idea of entitlements was you were entitled to what you worked to make and if you felt like you needed more, then work harder. Now go eat your beans and taters on the front porch.
I'd take my beans and taters over your McDonald's anyday. I don't believe you were as poor as you say either. Granddad's money may have not bought you much as a kid but, just as I've said before you don't take it with you when you go. If your grandfather watched your family struggle just to put braces on your brothers legs and pay doctor bills(none of which was any fault of your parents)then his hard work and hoarded wealth was in vein. Does'nt sound like a man with a whole lot of compassion for even his own.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33231 Jan 23, 2013
I would say people need to quit using bacon as a "whipping boy"and worry about their own selves.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33232 Jan 23, 2013
Commenting on someones"morality"ha s the inherent danger of being horribly inaccurate, as no one knows what kind of life anyone else has lead.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33233 Jan 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. My mom and dad took us to McDonalds and Tony's Ice Cream and my grandparents took us to restaurants. My grandfather came to this country made his money by hard work, no one gave him a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of and he figured the way to teach people to make their way was thru hard work. Although we "ragdolls" were not dressed as nicely as the other patrons in the restaurant, my grandfather was of the mindset that "it's not the clothes that makes the man but the man that makes the clothes." He wasn't ashamed of us. My grandparents were wealthy and worked hard to earn their wealth, and he figured if he could do it with a second grade education, people with a high school diploma surely could do far better than he did. In the words of TEW, he offered a hand up, not a hand out. My grandfather's idea of entitlements was you were entitled to what you worked to make and if you felt like you needed more, then work harder. Now go eat your beans and taters on the front porch.
I think you are angry because you did'nt get that hand out. Could'nt get government help because you came from wealth and the wealth you came from would'nt help you either. The picture of your grandfather that you have painted for me has miser written all over it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33234 Jan 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. My mom and dad took us to McDonalds and Tony's Ice Cream and my grandparents took us to restaurants. My grandfather came to this country made his money by hard work, no one gave him a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of and he figured the way to teach people to make their way was thru hard work. Although we "ragdolls" were not dressed as nicely as the other patrons in the restaurant, my grandfather was of the mindset that "it's not the clothes that makes the man but the man that makes the clothes." He wasn't ashamed of us. My grandparents were wealthy and worked hard to earn their wealth, and he figured if he could do it with a second grade education, people with a high school diploma surely could do far better than he did. In the words of TEW, he offered a hand up, not a hand out. My grandfather's idea of entitlements was you were entitled to what you worked to make and if you felt like you needed more, then work harder. Now go eat your beans and taters on the front porch.
I think anyone would agree with the "it's not the clothes that makes the man, but the man that makes the clothes". But this applies to adults....not your grandchildren, for heaven sake. A man who had the means to clothe his grandchildren in a better way and did not do so....just sounds odd to me.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33235 Jan 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Commenting on someones"morality"ha s the inherent danger of being horribly inaccurate, as no one knows what kind of life anyone else has lead.
Come on Waco everyone here has been a "whipping boy" at some point or another. When a poster comes on here and paints a picture of themselves then should they not expect a response good or bad? No wonder Mike is reluctant to share his personal life, just look at the way Bacon treats him. And not to mention the way Sliver treats Arnold. It does'nt feel so good sometimes when the shoe is on the other foot.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33236 Jan 23, 2013
Bacon I believe you are being purposely misunderstood, this happens frequently on Topix, when it devolves into character assassination and then into attacks on ones relatives.I know you aren't a liar Bacon.Pity people who need to go after other peoples relatives, who they've never met.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33237 Jan 23, 2013
OK. I accept the definition you have given.. But how does any of that translate into proof that public schools are purposefully introducing communist subliminals into 5 th grade math lessons?
Just an observation: If I were intent on subliminally propagandizing acceptance of an idea into 5 th graders minds, I certainly would not use math as the vehicle because most 5 th graders meet math with a negative attitude.
Also noteworthy is the fact that independent publishers of written material design their material with sales in mind rather than the perpetuation of ideology. Pro failed to notice that the aurhor of his link had changed the name of the worksheet to reinforce his conspiratorial claims. So, I continue to throw the BS flag on the republikan idea that teaching math, science, reading and writig is a communist plot to poison the minds of our youth. I am alarmed at the example and fervor with which republikans tell lies and then begin to believe their own lie. This is a horrible example to anyone, especially republikan children. Republikans need not worry about commies ruining their children's minds, they are doing a great job themselves.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Definition of REDISTRIBUTE
1: to alter the distribution of : reallocate
2: to spread to other areas
ó re∑dis∑tri∑bu∑tion \(&#716;)r&#275;-& #716;dis-tr&#601;-&#71 2;byŁ-sh&#601;n\ noun
ó re∑dis∑tri∑bu∑tion∑al \-shn&#601;l,-sh&#601; -n&#601;l\ adjective
ó re∑dis∑trib∑u∑tive \&#716;r&#275;-d&# 601;-&#712;stri-byŁ-tiv,-b y&#601;-\ adjective
Examples of REDISTRIBUTE
Unused federal funds will be redistributed to other states.
The government redistributed the land to the settlers.
First Known Use of REDISTRIBUTE
1611"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/red...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 37 min so sad 1,668
Steaing Kids Toy's (Dec '13) 2 hr See what you did 25
Child Abuse? 3 hr Just saying 8
Gay marriage is on its way, folks. 5 hr JW McCanliss 381
Debate: Marijuana - Lenoir, NC (Aug '10) 6 hr Wake Up 70
chubbys 7 hr interesting 3
DROP/KEEP/ADD a word (Feb '14) 12 hr mac 93
Valdese Dating
Find my Match

Valdese Jobs

Valdese People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Valdese News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Valdese

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]