Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> ODDLY enough, Neanderthals actually had larger brains than CRO-Magnons.
I appreciate that, Waco. My birth certificate says 'Neanderthal Combo Burger' on it and I knew there was a special scientifically proven reason for my vast thinking ability. LOL

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate that, Waco. My birth certificate says 'Neanderthal Combo Burger' on it and I knew there was a special scientifically proven reason for my vast thinking ability. LOL
hahaha :)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You post scripture of the bible. Are you saying this must be true?
If so, then you are of religion.
Lets look closely at this scripture.
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
The Purpose of John’s Gospel
30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
So why is one blessed just because they believe without seeing? The bible does not say, do you have an answer?
I do not believe just because some claim is written. This scripture seems to think if something is written, it is evidence of a true claim. Do you believe claims just because they are "written"? If so, then you follow religion, and that would contradict what you agreed with Waco on.
I see it this way. Any leader would love for you to believe his words are perfect and of a god, just due to it being written. So the motive to say this is strong. But anyone who believes such a claim without evidence is just gullible.
If you fall for this, it makes me understand you falling for all sorts of propaganda that is devoid of evidence.
Mike, do you believe in "blind faith"?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if I do not respond within three hours of someones post, you think I have no rebuttal? You clearly cannot see a trend.
I'd say you have no sane rebuttal.
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, look, another childish poster from the opposition. Does your team have any grownups?
Care to actually try and refute my post, or are you just going to personally attack me?
I see you have no rebuttal.
The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious,
But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up;
The words of his mouth begin with foolishness,
And the end of his talk is raving madness.
A fool also multitudes his words.
No one knows what is to be;
Who can tell the fool what will be after him?
Ecclesiastes 10:12-14
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You post scripture of the bible. Are you saying this must be true?
If so, then you are of religion.
Lets look closely at this scripture.
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
The Purpose of John’s Gospel
30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
So why is one blessed just because they believe without seeing? The bible does not say, do you have an answer?
I do not believe just because some claim is written. This scripture seems to think if something is written, it is evidence of a true claim. Do you believe claims just because they are "written"? If so, then you follow religion, and that would contradict what you agreed with Waco on.
I see it this way. Any leader would love for you to believe his words are perfect and of a god, just due to it being written. So the motive to say this is strong. But anyone who believes such a claim without evidence is just gullible.
If you fall for this, it makes me understand you falling for all sorts of propaganda that is devoid of evidence.
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good. Psalm 14:1

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
But he who heeds counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15

Wisdom is too lofty for a fool;
He does not open his mouth in the gate. Proverbs 24:7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
That really is outstanding.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon, the accepted writer of Provebs, had 700 wives and 300 concibines.....When did he find time to do any writing? I wonder how the current laws would treat him today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon, the accepted writer of Provebs, had 700 wives and 300 concibines.....When did he find time to do any writing? I wonder how the current laws would treat him today?
Sorry for this, but maybe he was a minuteman.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, you left out the fact he lived to be only 60 years old and God said he was the wisest man (human) after Him. I figure if he could juggle all those women, not only write, but edit the scriptures he's given credit for; today's law would have been a breeze for him.:) The man accomplished a lot in 60 years which is a short lifespan even by today's standards, you think today's laws would have tripped him up?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting good at this...
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
When God asked Solomon at the beginning of his reign to name a gift, he asked for "wisdom and knowledge" to rule the Israelite people well(2 Ch 1:10). God granted this. Most of Solomon's proverbs were written during his early years as king, before he was led astray by "many foreign women" to include seven hundred wives, princesses, and 300 concubines from many kingdoms, which Solomon had treaties (1 Kg 11:1,3). The Bible clearly notes that Solomon had faults as well as elements of greatness. The bottom line is God kept His Word to Solomon by granting him his wisdom and knowledge.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for this, but maybe he was a minuteman.
Compared to me...everyone is....LOL...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>When God asked Solomon at the beginning of his reign to name a gift, he asked for "wisdom and knowledge" to rule the Israelite people well(2 Ch 1:10). God granted this. Most of Solomon's proverbs were written during his early years as king, before he was led astray by "many foreign women" to include seven hundred wives, princesses, and 300 concubines from many kingdoms, which Solomon had treaties (1 Kg 11:1,3). The Bible clearly notes that Solomon had faults as well as elements of greatness. The bottom line is God kept His Word to Solomon by granting him his wisdom and knowledge.
Having 700 wives is not my idea of a wise man. Having 700 books...well, that's more like it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>"Today it is possible to not only read hieroglyphics, but also the ancient cuneiform writings. Astoundingly, the ancient relics have succeeded in silencing many of the Biblical critics. The harmony between Scripture and archaeological findings has shed new light upon the debate."
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...
Thought you might want to check this site, a pastor said I should check it because I asked him about Biblical writings "other" than the Bible. It's quite interesting how there is a correlation between the "written word" and "ancient hieroglyphics".
I read quite a bit of it, and could find no scriptures cited that actually lined up with anything they claimed. The few scriptures they posted, showed no correlation. Not sure what you see in this site, but I see a lot of babbling about nothing specific, and a lot of trying to make the bible sound as if it has some evidence.
The article starts out that it silenced the critics. Give me a break. Pure propaganda.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible calls atheist fools? No shit? Guess that proves it is true. I cannot refute it, because the bible claims it.

Let me test this scripture. Do you think all atheists have never once done good? If not, then the scripture is proven false. Thus, the bible is suspect.
BTW, Bill Gates is atheist, and he gave about twenty billion to charity.
So does this verse fit Gates? There is none who does good. Psalm 14:1

Now lets look at the other scripture you posted.

So do you think you are right about god? If so, then you are claiming to be 'right in your own eyes'.

Oh, and just who do you think never seeks counsel?

Do you even think for a second about how stupid these verses are? Do you ever scrutinize the logic?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>When God asked Solomon at the beginning of his reign to name a gift, he asked for "wisdom and knowledge" to rule the Israelite people well(2 Ch 1:10). God granted this. Most of Solomon's proverbs were written during his early years as king, before he was led astray by "many foreign women" to include seven hundred wives, princesses, and 300 concubines from many kingdoms, which Solomon had treaties (1 Kg 11:1,3). The Bible clearly notes that Solomon had faults as well as elements of greatness. The bottom line is God kept His Word to Solomon by granting him his wisdom and knowledge.
Kings being granted wisdom by god? I can see Karl Rove's wheels spinning now. It's just politics man, why can't you see that?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have no rebuttal I see.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're getting good at this...
I thought you did not follow religion? Yet you are applauding religious scripture that calls atheists fools and do all that is wrong? Do you think I do all that is wrong? Be honest now.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I read quite a bit of it, and could find no scriptures cited that actually lined up with anything they claimed. The few scriptures they posted, showed no correlation. Not sure what you see in this site, but I see a lot of babbling about nothing specific, and a lot of trying to make the bible sound as if it has some evidence.
The article starts out that it silenced the critics. Give me a break. Pure propaganda.
Mike that's because your mind is closed to all facts that don't fit in with your worldview.Your mind is so inflexible it lowers your IQ by thirty points.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Out and About, What to do? 7 min Susan 8
Gangstalkers of Caldwell County (Nov '13) 22 min Brina 6
reputable lawn care? 39 min Peanut 6
In front if Walmart 1 hr Rolling eyes 13
Mayor of Sawmills Needs to Resign 1 hr Family 10
The Alibi 2 hr Rolling eyes 32
Chris Hightower 2 hr KAD 18

Search the Valdese Forum:
•••
•••