how to get on section 8?

how to get on section 8?

Posted in the Valdese Forum

curious

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2013
I've been on the waiting list at the housing authority since September. How else could I get assistance with housing? Does the housing authority do section 8 and HUD? and is there any way to get assistance faster?
Mee2

Four Oaks, NC

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Speak spanish, and if that don't work, try black shoe polish. It's worked for thousands of others.
Mee2

Four Oaks, NC

#3 Mar 7, 2013
Speak Spanish, and if that doesn't work,Try black shoe polish. It's worked for thousands of others. It would hurt to be a registerd Democrat as well. Their party has money to burn.
Save the Loco Grande

Morganton, NC

#4 Mar 7, 2013
So stupid it had to be said twice.
curious

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2013
Very helpful, thank you.
Mee2

Four Oaks, NC

#6 Mar 7, 2013
Save the Loco Grande wrote:
So stupid it had to be said twice.
Speak Spanish, Huh?
taxpayer money

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Mar 7, 2013
Let your ex husband pay the child support that you don't want and give the taxpayers a break.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lenoir-nc/T4R...
Nunyahbiznus

Hickory, NC

#8 Mar 8, 2013
The waiting list for housing assistance is almost three years long. There really isn't anything you can do to speed it up because the funds just aren't available. You could try income based apartments bu that's about it.
roundit

Lenoir, NC

#9 Mar 8, 2013
apply for an income based apartment. Powder Creek is one such type place. Similar to section 8 in that your rent is based on your income, but different in that as long as you have $100 a month coming in, you qualify to live there. Likewise, where section 8 recerts only once a year, this type of assistance can be adjusted if you have a change in income.(ie-have a job when you move in, lose job while you are living there).

DEBBIE

Hickory, NC

#10 Mar 16, 2013
curious wrote:
I've been on the waiting list at the housing authority since September. How else could I get assistance with housing? Does the housing authority do section 8 and HUD? and is there any way to get assistance faster?
GO GET A DAM JOB.
Sally

Denver, NC

#11 Mar 16, 2013
I agree with Debbie get a JOB AND QUIT LIVING OFF OF THE GOVERNMENT. I am sick of tired of working my ass of everyday to keep up a bunch of dead beats.
WTF

Charlotte, NC

#12 Mar 16, 2013
Mee2 wrote:
<quoted text>Speak Spanish, Huh?
Just a sister humping hillbilly went the Internet, Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Greeting Season War 3 hr State of Florida 10
Roy Moore SEXUALLY ASSAULTED a Little Girl 5 hr Gin Mill 30
Cajah's Mountain Town Council 7 hr Beer Town 154
The New Intolerance of Student Activism 7 hr David53g 31
Treason May be Added to Trump's Charges 11 hr Doc 7
Another Republican Quits 12 hr Victoria 38
FBI, DOJ can't verify Trump dossier 16 hr Victoria 11

Valdese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance