6 workers leave Caldwell County sheri...

6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office

There are 273 comments on the News & Record story from Nov 21, 2012, titled 6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office. In it, News & Record reports that:

Sheriff Alan Jones hasn't identified the six workers, and said he won't go into detail about the focus of the investigation or what it revealed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

pissed

United States

#194 Mar 2, 2013
i meant the jail needs to be cleaned out sorry! there is bad food being served very little quanities of food at that. and scabies, lice.etc young people going in and laying in there throwing up for days without medical care. the jail is nasty and if you are not one of mr day's favorite females on house arrest then you catch hell from him.however if you do his favors in which he was recently repremanded for your ok. it's no fair to have to feel like you have to do sexual favors in order to remain out on any bond conditions! and no im not one who just didnt get there way ive not been in jail. i have a friend who has family in there and they have been threatned that they cant even talk to family about the conditions of the jail by phone if they do they get there phone privelages taken.one warm meal a day 2 cold meals and slime on them at that. yes they are in mates but come on.does our sheriff eat this trash? no he dont. i will just be glad when 2014 gets here and changes can hopefully be made.our county needs a detox facility in our county and each inmate that is thrown into jail that is or has been in possession of any drug within 24 hrs of being incarserated should go through the detoxing program before being put up stairs to throw up on toilets floors sinks etc that other inmates have to use as well. if we can pay for new bmw suv's why cant caldwell county save a life by having a decent detoxing program in the jail or out side the jail. again i totaly understand they are inmates however they are federal inmates who are suppose to have 3 hot meals a day and a few more privelages due to the huge amt the feds pay caldwell to housethem. well they are treated no better than a state inmate. i have a grievance filed now so i cant discuss alot however this house arrest officer is being investigated by many many many females that he has alleged to have made favors for.
Rusty

Black Mountain, NC

#195 Mar 2, 2013
why wrote:
Sounds like someone just didn't get there way??? Why wpuld the jail need to be cleared out?? Explain why you think this and the facts you have to back you.......
There are several reasons for there needing to be some changes made in the operation of the jail because number one we as taxpayers can't afford the Federal Government taking away the contract to house Federal inmates again. It has already happened before and without the Federal funding that comes with them being housed there the County Jail is nothing but a money pit that will only lead to higher county tax rates or the (more favorable to the commissioners) higher property valuations being assessed to us taxpayers. The second reason is that no matter whether you think that inmates should only get bread and water, sleep on the floor and be beaten silly everyday or not, there are laws on the books of not only this state but also at the Federal level that have to be complied with and we as taxpayers can not afford to just keep paying off the numerous lawsuits arising from the inhumane treatment of inmates. The cleaning needing to be done at the jail is about as simple as it gets to explain. If you will take time to look at the CCSD website you will find that there are several inmates who have been there over 1000 days and many who have been there over a year that have no bond or one set so high that it can't be met and every time one of them or any other inmate gets a staff/merca or any other infection we as taxpayers foot the bill for their treatment. It's really simple, running the jail by the right way and following the guidelines that have been set forth results in money being saved by the county.
pissed

United States

#196 Mar 2, 2013
Rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several reasons for there needing to be some changes made in the operation of the jail because number one we as taxpayers can't afford the Federal Government taking away the contract to house Federal inmates again. It has already happened before and without the Federal funding that comes with them being housed there the County Jail is nothing but a money pit that will only lead to higher county tax rates or the (more favorable to the commissioners) higher property valuations being assessed to us taxpayers. The second reason is that no matter whether you think that inmates should only get bread and water, sleep on the floor and be beaten silly everyday or not, there are laws on the books of not only this state but also at the Federal level that have to be complied with and we as taxpayers can not afford to just keep paying off the numerous lawsuits arising from the inhumane treatment of inmates. The cleaning needing to be done at the jail is about as simple as it gets to explain. If you will take time to look at the CCSD website you will find that there are several inmates who have been there over 1000 days and many who have been there over a year that have no bond or one set so high that it can't be met and every time one of them or any other inmate gets a staff/merca or any other infection we as taxpayers foot the bill for their treatment. It's really simple, running the jail by the right way and following the guidelines that have been set forth results in money being saved by the county.
thank you and my post was directed to most of everything you posted.it is us that are having to pay for all the neglect the jail is doing.and frankly im sick of having to pay there salary while they run a rat hole and half there inmates sit in jail and cant make bond or have infections that we end up paying to have them treated for. i saw the jail info just a few minutes ago and i saw the 1000 days on a couple. that commited a crime in 2010 this is 2013 and the rest are just awaiting trial or simply cant make bond.it's a shame how the jail is ran people dieing young people hanging them self then the ones who do make bond have to be taken to the hospital to be treated for infectious diseases they caught while in jail!
oh stfu

Lenoir, NC

#197 Mar 2, 2013
why wrote:
Sounds like someone just didn't get there way??? Why wpuld the jail need to be cleared out?? Explain why you think this and the facts you have to back you.......
Always one of these boot lickers running around on here. Change is coming next year so get the chapstick out although it wont help you, I can promise you that. No need to post anything more than whats been posted on this site time and time again. You know and I know so does everyone else but the rest of the county will know in the coming year.
another one

Lenoir, NC

#198 Mar 23, 2013
So this latest one makes eight or nine in the last year or so.
Ditto

Greer, SC

#199 Mar 25, 2013
oh stfu wrote:
<quoted text>Always one of these boot lickers running around on here. Change is coming next year so get the chapstick out although it wont help you, I can promise you that. No need to post anything more than whats been posted on this site time and time again. You know and I know so does everyone else but the rest of the county will know in the coming year.
Agree!!!!! Thank goodness for the new guy coming.
please be informed

United States

#200 Mar 29, 2013
There will asways be coruption unless citizens are aware of what is happening. The sheriff is prbably trying to keep all this out of the papers and use common sense about the mess. It does not appear to look good for his office, but, no one wants to look like a failure. I would let their names be front page news and publish it in a paper put out by the department so local citizens could see what I did do for the citizens getting rid of a out of control breaking the law former officer. However, what about the officers who were let go for things that were not true about them.!!!!!!!!!
change

Brevard, NC

#201 Mar 29, 2013
The sheriff needs to terminate employees who commit such acts. There is no place for it. Those who protect and serve are held to a higher standard. I am not talking about a mistake. This is a major problem. The sheriff or his staff cannot handle these problems. When the let them resign they can go down the road and get hired. The sheriff must stand against acts of corruption and immoral activity. Are we all human, yes? These men and women in uniform know you have to operate with high ethics and standards. The sheriff should without question terminate them. See if sheriff coy reid or retired sheriff john McD. would tolerate the things that have occurred here. They would be on the front page of the paper sharing the news they have been terminated due to their unethical actions. This is what a true leader would do.
really

Black Mountain, NC

#202 Mar 29, 2013
pissed wrote:
i meant the jail needs to be cleaned out sorry! there is bad food being served very little quanities of food at that. and scabies, lice.etc young people going in and laying in there throwing up for days without medical care. the jail is nasty and if you are not one of mr day's favorite females on house arrest then you catch hell from him.however if you do his favors in which he was recently repremanded for your ok. it's no fair to have to feel like you have to do sexual favors in order to remain out on any bond conditions! and no im not one who just didnt get there way ive not been in jail. i have a friend who has family in there and they have been threatned that they cant even talk to family about the conditions of the jail by phone if they do they get there phone privelages taken.one warm meal a day 2 cold meals and slime on them at that. yes they are in mates but come on.does our sheriff eat this trash? no he dont. i will just be glad when 2014 gets here and changes can hopefully be made.our county needs a detox facility in our county and each inmate that is thrown into jail that is or has been in possession of any drug within 24 hrs of being incarserated should go through the detoxing program before being put up stairs to throw up on toilets floors sinks etc that other inmates have to use as well. if we can pay for new bmw suv's why cant caldwell county save a life by having a decent detoxing program in the jail or out side the jail. again i totaly understand they are inmates however they are federal inmates who are suppose to have 3 hot meals a day and a few more privelages due to the huge amt the feds pay caldwell to housethem. well they are treated no better than a state inmate. i have a grievance filed now so i cant discuss alot however this house arrest officer is being investigated by many many many females that he has alleged to have made favors for.
screw the inmates....they shouldnt break the law. They deserve worse than they get. Piss on them....should be on a chain gang working for the water they get.........
really

Clemmons, NC

#203 Mar 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>screw the inmates....they shouldnt break the law. They deserve worse than they get. Piss on them....should be on a chain gang working for the water they get.........
First, the last post under "really" is not mine. Granted inmates are there for a reason but keep in mind many are awaiting court dates because they can not afford bail so they are not guilty yet. Secondly, even if guilty as sin, they must be housed and fed according to state and federal guidelines. Should they have the comforts of home? Of course not but basic needs have to be properly provided and considering the county receives funding to house federal inmates it is important to meet those standards in order to continue receiving federal and state funding.
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#204 Mar 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the last post under "really" is not mine. Granted inmates are there for a reason but keep in mind many are awaiting court dates because they can not afford bail so they are not guilty yet. Secondly, even if guilty as sin, they must be housed and fed according to state and federal guidelines. Should they have the comforts of home? Of course not but basic needs have to be properly provided and considering the county receives funding to house federal inmates it is important to meet those standards in order to continue receiving federal and state funding.
I could tell it wasn't you and you are correct on all points. People forget the simple fact is that it is a county jail not a prison. Many are there awaiting trail (innocent until proven guilty) and can not afford bond. Anyone can take a warrant out on anyone and get you locked up, I've seen it many times in the course of my job and many times you know it is a lie. It shouldn't be a country club but we have standards for a reason and they also house Feds and that if they ever did an unannounced inspection well lets say they would be scrambling to keep the lights on at the jail when they pulled their money .
change

Mount Holly, NC

#205 Mar 29, 2013
What is the latest in the recent hanging in the jail? Does anyone know?
TSF

Angier, NC

#206 Mar 30, 2013
A filthy, disease spreading jail is a health threat to the people who work there , the inmates and the public at large. The legal issues created by this incompetence is a financial threat to our county. The moral issues reveal the workings of a sick society.
Dont be intimidated

Greer, SC

#207 Apr 2, 2013
Sounds like another lawsuit going to happen if someone is diagnosed with a disease or just mental stress due to this run down pit. More on the Caldwell County Taxpayers plate to pay for. When Jones is voted out (and he will be) he wont stay in this county, I predeict he will move away to another sucker poor county and run them into Bankruptcy. We are left holding the bill while he walks away. I want a refund and my taxes to go down because all we have financed is a swingers lifestyle, embezzlements, sex parties, scandals out of the county....why do we have to foot the bill for this? The officers committing the crimes are NEVER charged. Is a Citizens Arrest still in existance? Laugh all you want, but it's the only way these creeps will ever see a courtroom and be called out for what they have done.
Ditto

Greer, SC

#208 Apr 2, 2013
I know I am not the first to think this, but the top stories appearing at the top of this forum -national news photos and stories. See the picture of the Korean Brat from HELL Kim Jong Eun, looks like somebody who'd be employed by our Sheriff's Office.
me again

Banner Elk, NC

#209 Apr 3, 2013
This is just the good ole boys club!!!! We need a fresh start with new leaders.
oh here we go

Lenoir, NC

#210 Apr 3, 2013
"Just a good ole boys never meaning no harm... beat all you never saw been in trouble with the law since the day they were born". Alan "Rosco P Coaltrain" Jones for Sheriff of Hazard County. He wouldn't change a thing and he will get those Duke boys yet!!!!!!
Jones Reign Over

Shelby, NC

#211 Apr 5, 2013
Yeah he will get the Duke Boys, just like Jones believes he is doing a great job, the headlines of this post never happened, and the fact is if by SOME MIRACLE he actually was reelected, wait and see if all Resigned Staff appear on Staff again. Its his mentality ...his loop hole. I for one cannot wait to see what Amy's new job will be? And Longo's???

Hey NewsLess Topic, try printing about this website and how many people do not support JokerJones any longer. Oh wait, too much work?
dont be intimidated

Lyman, SC

#212 Apr 18, 2013
BLACK DOG wrote:
That's what u get Alan Jones for turning a blind eye to misconduct and employees being mistreated at your agency. Too bad you don't have AS MANY GOOD employees working as your command staff. Go ahead and hire more buddies. Maybe they will assault handcuffed prisoners or involuntary commitments. Maybe they will sexually harass employees. Maybe they will blacklist employees that were terminated for unsound reasons when they were just doing their jobs. Maybe u will grow a spine (I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH FOR THAT ONE)! Maybe your staff won't cause a supply SNAFU by not having enough ammo for duty or training. Maybe you will get local politicians to bend to your will so that you can "bend some rules". Maybe u will stop hiring crooks instead of law abiding citizens. Maybe you will get courthouse bailiff supervisors that actually stay at work for the entire working day. Maybe you will stop sweating deputies over complaints from citizens that think they can push you around. Maybe u will be more appreciative of your staff. Maybe you will stop sticking your nose into their personal lives. Maybe you will stop letting convicted felons work on your campaign staff.
Then again, maybe I'll grow wings and fly away. LOL! Do us a favor, hang it up and retire. Your a disgrace as a lawman and as a staff commander. Your an idiot and your plain ignorant. Your someone that thinks that Caldwell County is Mayberry.
And by the way: HOW DARE YOU PROFIT OFF OF ADAM KLUTZ' DEATH BY TAKING HIS DOGS AND MAKING EVERYONE BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE LAW ENFORCEMENT DOGS! I KNOW CRIMINALS THAT HAVE BETTER MORALS THAN THAT, YOU SCUMBAG!
I can't help it BlackDog, I like to read your post on here -this is close to "American Greetings" as it can get. haha
Survey Says

United States

#213 Apr 20, 2013
oh stfu wrote:
<quoted text>Always one of these boot lickers running around on here. Change is coming next year so get the chapstick out although it wont help you, I can promise you that. No need to post anything more than whats been posted on this site time and time again. You know and I know so does everyone else but the rest of the county will know in the coming year.
Why doesn't the boot lickers accept defeat already? Power and prestige that hard to let go?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches of granite 29 min Mr. Poon 8
Blacks cry racism after Black GoRilla is shot a... 3 hr Poor Harambe 16
Cop cleared in Freddie Gray Euthanization. 3 hr Gin Mill 158
Anyone happen to know Monica West? 4 hr Oh Yeah 10
Why do lesbians pick ugly women. (Jan '12) 12 hr The Facts 64
Show at Rose's 13 hr LIL OLE ME 4
Another smart one! 23 hr CarolinaFan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Valdese Mortgages