Christian or Adulterer?

Christian or Adulterer?

Posted in the Valdese Forum

Elmer Fudd

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2013
It kills me how people that claim to be christians act. Example: The married Minister of Music is caught with the married church secretary at the church having inappropriate relations. They leave their spouses and marry each other. Years later she dies and within months he is remarried. Sound familiar (John Edwards). Wonder if he was pursuing his new wife while she was dying? People that attend church should be an example to others and not attend church for a dating pool (or should I say cesspool).
undurstand

Lenoir, NC

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Elmer Fudd wrote:
It kills me how people that claim to be christians act. Example: The married Minister of Music is caught with the married church secretary at the church having inappropriate relations. They leave their spouses and marry each other. Years later she dies and within months he is remarried. Sound familiar (John Edwards). Wonder if he was pursuing his new wife while she was dying? People that attend church should be an example to others and not attend church for a dating pool (or should I say cesspool).
How does any of what you have written directly effect you? Are you a scorned spouse? Are you upset that there are lost people in the church you attend? I ask these questions respectively, not to come back inappropriately. If there is something about the situation you are talking about that directly effects your life, then identify what it is and act accordingly. Are you a Christian? If so, understand that you are only accountable for your own deeds and actions. If the people you are mentioning are a part of your life and you don't want them to be, it is up to you to change that situation. What other people do only effects us and our own lives when we allow it to do so.

I have a feeling we all have enough of our own struggles and issues without taking on responsibility for anyone else.

God bless you
Elmer Fudd

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2013
This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Those who attend church should act Godly, not like wh***mungers. Be what you choose to be but if you are going to have an affair, don't attend church and try to act like someone you're not (hipocrit). Don't go to church to impress others. I know many men and women who attend church on Sunday (and sometimes Wednesday) who are having affairs and all the while proclaiming to be christians and living right.
undurstand

Lenoir, NC

#4 Mar 30, 2013
Elmer Fudd wrote:
This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Those who attend church should act Godly, not like wh***mungers. Be what you choose to be but if you are going to have an affair, don't attend church and try to act like someone you're not (hipocrit). Don't go to church to impress others. I know many men and women who attend church on Sunday (and sometimes Wednesday) who are having affairs and all the while proclaiming to be christians and living right.
I get what you are saying. However, don't forget this-

Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

They are allowed to remain until the appointed time. I find it very interesting that the tares are gathered and burnt before the wheat is gathered for the barn. The time will come that God will take care of the situation. If the situations teach us anything, it is to keep our eyes on the Lord and not to look at any man or woman as an example of how to be a Christian.
Bugs Bunny

Asheville, NC

#5 Mar 30, 2013
undurstand wrote:
<quoted text>
I get what you are saying. However, don't forget this-
Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
They are allowed to remain until the appointed time. I find it very interesting that the tares are gathered and burnt before the wheat is gathered for the barn. The time will come that God will take care of the situation. If the situations teach us anything, it is to keep our eyes on the Lord and not to look at any man or woman as an example of how to be a Christian.
I think what he was talking about affected all of us personally. The guy was running for the office of President Of The United States.
undurstand

Lenoir, NC

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Bugs Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what he was talking about affected all of us personally. The guy was running for the office of President Of The United States.
yes, I agree again. People don't seem to have much of a sense of true morality anymore.
Really

Hickory, NC

#7 Apr 4, 2013
And I thought God forgives all sins. I guess you have never sinned and went to church. I would think that would be between God and them. Better yet have you went to them and told them that you know and that it is wrong...how you can help. No didn't think so no prayer for them just gossip on a gossip site.
Troy

United States

#8 Apr 5, 2013
This is the Bible belt and you would think that people would have better morals, especially those brought up in the church. It is very disappointing that some "christians" act like this.
Todd

Lenoir, NC

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Some people are just SO jealous
Help4Caldwell

Hickory, NC

#10 Apr 9, 2013
Elmer Fudd wrote:
Its typical Caldwell County. Point out wrong in the church with wrongdoing members and you are public enemy number one.
88fan

Hayward, CA

#11 Apr 9, 2013
Help4Caldwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Its typical Caldwell County. Point out wrong in the church with wrongdoing members and you are public enemy number one.
Yeah go to the Church parking lot on Sunday and point fingers at the ones you know are sinners. On second thought us sinners don't need your help because God is already letting us know what our sins are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Makes the Best Deals! (LMAO!!!) 6 min Rock 93
Where Are The Jobs, Mr. Art of the Deal? 16 min Rock 6
In just 2 months, Trump is the worst President ... 20 min Rock 69
Pence is a Liar too 1 hr Rock 11
GWB WH lawyer: 'FBI uncovering evidence of trea... 1 hr Rock 25
Trump's Approvals Reach Nixon's Exit Numbers 2 hr Rock 50
Can an employer make you work on Sunday? (Jan '10) 3 hr Israel 18

Valdese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance