Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Has anyone heard of this and if the deputy is being charged? I can't believe this happened. I can't believe Sheriff Jones hired this guy after he had been fired for doing this before and then Jones promoted him after he had done it working for Caldwell County. Another lawsuit against the Sheriff that will make our taxes go up again!
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Be more specific, it's not the first time something like this has happened out there lately. As for this person being promoted after the fact, trust me since jones has taken over things like that and playing dirty are the only way to get promoted. Whats funny is that jones and longo encourage this type of "beat the crap out of people" behaviour from the deputies or they are considered soft and not doing their job. The other funny thing is I'm sure they are telling this deputy not to worry we will make it go away, but as soon as the SBI shows up he will thrown so far under the bus you will never see him again.
old law dog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

The Shift commander in question has been fired the last straw was finally met and Major Anderson ( the only one fit to be on the command staff) had enough and fired longo's relative. Now Anderson needs to get rid of Longo and Pourch and run for sheriff in the next election
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Holy crap they fired longo's cousin. They could have just fired longo to start with and this wouldnt even be an issue. Ahh poor longo lost a spy in the ranks. Your absolutly right about Major Anderson being the only one fit to command anything out there, too bad jones keeps him locked in the closet and handcuffed. I hope to god Anderson decides to run next time and puts that place back where it should be. A lot of good officers have been passed up and ran off because of the jones/longo hit squad, if you dont play dirty or keep your mouth shut your out the door. If only CC had a clue.
Worried

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

I can't believe this is true, I don't think anyone with any sense would hire someone knowing that they had done this before.
IDK

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Worried wrote:
I can't believe this is true, I don't think anyone with any sense would hire someone knowing that they had done this before.
Believe it, alot of what you hear is true. Officer's that still work up there that are miserable that can't go anywhere else or officers that were fired or forced to resign for no reason are telling all that goes on up there. Lt. McMannus was dismissed from either Burke County Sheriff's Office or Morganton PD for using excessive force on a handcuffed prisoner. He was hired at Caldwell Sheriffs office shortly after. While at Caldwell, he was suspended, but not fired, for using excessive force on a subject there to. He was later promoted to Lieutenant. Another Officer, Monty Poarch, was fired from the Highway Patrol for having sex in his patrol car. He was hired by Caldwell and made it to the ranks of Captain. Caldwell Co Sheriff's office has a bad reputation for hiring rejects from other agencies.
sick of it

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

these officers thank they are above the law.most of them are worse than the people locked up in there the caldwell county s. o. is a joke. just redneck idoots give them a badge and they think they are god.maybe somebody can get that nut jones out of there.and what about that idiot nurse at the detention center talk about sh.. for brains.
rotor rooter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

I know what you people ought to do...the next time you got a crack dealer or a bank robber in your neighborhood call a known drug dealer to help.
inside

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Worried wrote:
Believe it my friend as I can testify to what happens in there. Like the other guy has posted and thats only the tip of the iceberg. Lt. Macmanus had a history of abuse and was fired from burke for it. Capt. Longo was ran off from either burke or morganton for having sex with another officers wife. Capt. Poarch was fired from SHP for having sex in his patrol car. The only way to get promoted at ccso is to be crooked and help get rid of other good officers that may tell or wont play along. Those that play along do so at their own risk though as mcmanus found out, they will turn on you in a second. Longo is the very one who spearheads this type of behaviour and the very one to turn on you.
IDK

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

rotor rooter wrote:
I know what you people ought to do...the next time you got a crack dealer or a bank robber in your neighborhood call a known drug dealer to help.
Good idea. They are probably more honest than the CCSO
Too Much

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. They are probably more honest than the CCSO
It is people like you that give Caldwell County a bad reputation. You can not judge the whole department by a few officers. You obvioulsy have no idea what you are talking about!
old law dog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

The rank and file men and women of the CCSD are honest and hard working and care about the people of this county the few that bring disgrace to the Dept. are not fit to wear the uniform and if jones had any balls he would of gotten rid of them a long time ago
IDK

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

Too Much wrote:
<quoted text>
It is people like you that give Caldwell County a bad reputation. You can not judge the whole department by a few officers. You obvioulsy have no idea what you are talking about!
These few officers that you are talking about make up the command staff. That makes the rest of us at the Sheriff's office look like crap when news, that is true, becomes public. I know exactly what I'm talking about because I live it everyday. Alan Jones is not as bad as Clark was, he's not a thief. But, the people he has lead his command staff should be dismissed. If you can't handle the truth, don't read this thread.
Too Much

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
These few officers that you are talking about make up the command staff. That makes the rest of us at the Sheriff's office look like crap when news, that is true, becomes public. I know exactly what I'm talking about because I live it everyday. Alan Jones is not as bad as Clark was, he's not a thief. But, the people he has lead his command staff should be dismissed. If you can't handle the truth, don't read this thread.
I can handle it, so what you are saying is that if you live it everyday then you must work there. What I am saying is that the actions of others does not make you bad just by association, only a individual's actions make them look bad.
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

old law dog wrote:
The rank and file men and women of the CCSD are honest and hard working and care about the people of this county the few that bring disgrace to the Dept. are not fit to wear the uniform and if jones had any balls he would of gotten rid of them a long time ago
This says it all. Dont judge most of the deputies because of the command staff. Most of the guys out there under the rank of Sgt. are good guys but those above them are not fit to work at Mcdonalds much less wear a badge. Ask someone out there about the swat team that gets drunk in hickory on the weekends and drive home, lead by Capt. Longo. Ask them about the time they all got drunk and went to the county firing range and shot lots of county paid ammo with automatic weapons. It's no lie and these are the ones that run the department.
JunkPatrolCarPil ot

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

old law dog wrote:
I agree with you, just like clock work every time you tell the truth about one of the Sheriffs henchmen, Jones or one of those henchmen get on here and try to make it look like you are bad mouthing the whole department. The majority of people up here are good people, but the damn Sheriff and his command staff, except for Major Anderson, are idiots and crooks. Everyone is praying that Major Anderson will run for Sheriff next time!
tater

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

What a joke, Caldwell Sherif dept! My belly is hurting.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! !!!!!!!!!
see u next election

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

I can promise jones one thing and that is the rank and file from ccso will stop at nothing to see him fall next election. You can threat and harass the ones that work there but they still feed the ones that have left info, those you cant do a thing about. You can try and trace my IP but you still cant stop me from telling what I know to the public when the times is right. Good luck because your going to need it.
GOP old guard

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

I cant understand why the GOP still supports Jones in the first place, he has been a democrate all his life. He only changed his party after gary won the election and made him major. I know many in the party that are pushing to drop him and things like this will only make it easier. Most in the county commission are chomping at the bit's to see him gone. Major Anderson however could garner support from both parties.
jones and ccso lol

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

I wonder how many lawsuits jones will end up getting against our county. Maybe barney will assault a pregnant woman for J walking next.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of129
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valdese Discussions

Search the Valdese Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lance Wilson 34 min Truth vs Knowledge 94
Who will you support for Sheriff? 2 hr catch 22 575
cemetery money 4 hr mymy 1
Must Read for Caldwell County 4 hr Sheriff BJ 5
curtis hooks 5 hr A90Ty 2
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Red Square 49,332
Terrible Service at the Lenoir Walmart (Mar '13) 11 hr Duh 107
•••
•••
•••
•••

Valdese Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Valdese People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••