Is it time to legalize marijuana in NC?

Is it time to legalize marijuana in NC?

Posted in the Valdese Forum

TheTRUthcom

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Getting tired of the endless war on drugs yet..after billions spent?
TheTRUthcom

Lincolnton, NC

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Did you know that over 25,000 people were arrested for marijuana possession in North Carolina in 2007 alone? 91% of all marijuana arrests in North Carolina were for simple possession. If you believe that North Carolina’s law-enforcement dollars could be better spent going after real criminals, write your legislators a letter urging them to support legislation reducing marijuana possession penalties.
LULZ

Morganton, NC

#3 Jan 29, 2013
I couldn't agree more. The war on drugs has evolved into the war on citizens.
FellowPotSmoker

United States

#4 Jan 30, 2013
I smoke because you can't kill a innocent person while being high on pot. But you can kill someone while being drunk.
Pike Bishop

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Don't use the stuff, but jailing those for simple possession is a waste of time and effort.
Save the hard time for hard core criminals and the meth pushers.
seriously-

Casar, NC

#6 Jan 30, 2013
I agree 100% but until the government can control it they won't agree. I may be wrong about this but even Colorado and other states that have made it legal still deal with federal law. Still, pot is natural to this earth;) What I do HATE is that K2. That shit will kill someone.
TheTRUthcom

Maiden, NC

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Actually Colorado has earned 1.8 million in revenues since they passed that law,since Dec. 6.That alone will make lawmakers take a second look at this. As far as the Federal gov goes,cross that bridge when we get to it,lol.If its not in the bill of rights it goes to the states..per the US Constitution.So it would go to the U.S. Supreme court,if they challenged it.14th Amendment!
seriously-

Casar, NC

#8 Jan 30, 2013
That definitely gives me hope. That may be the very thing we need to get out of this recession! I'd much rather pot be legal rather than alcohol personally..I'm sure a lot people moved to Colorado or like states! Ha.
DavidNC

Rockford, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Pot should be legal.The state can control the sale of it just as they do liquor.
The legalization of pot would solve alot of states finacial issues.
Before proabation ended pot wasnt illegal ,alcohol was .
All of these prescription pills are far worse on your body then any pot would ever be i heard that from a doctor.
raaaalph

Greenville, NC

#10 Feb 7, 2013
This is the most civilized disscussion on a topix thread I came across so far... You all must be as high as I am right now! Have a great day everybody!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lenoir Mall (Jul '11) 44 min Norman D Banner 69
Trump Ramps up War..... 1 hr Pepperidge farms 6
Global Warming Is A LIE like Smoking Cigarettes 4 hr Rock 24
Antifa,BLM fight each other in Dallas 4 hr Rock 10
Alt-left blames every one on earth for Charlott... 5 hr Rock 313
Black on White Hate crimes out of Control. (Apr '16) 8 hr southern at heart 47
Let Robert E.Lee Statues Stand, He Was Gay! 9 hr Victoria 19

Valdese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance