Wilson campaign

Lenoir, NC

#101 Mar 31, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who the democrats will run in this election? I have not really heard any names floated as potential canidate.
I haven't heard of anyone and they may not. I think both sides want Jones out so it may be just as well that they pool their voter resources and work for the common goal.
disgusted

Rutherfordton, NC

#102 Mar 31, 2013
I have his cell number...I will call him as soon as possible and talk to him about a few things...I am ready to help all I can and have many friends who feel the same way...
Wilson campaign wrote:
<quoted text>If you want shoot me an email and I will pass it on tonight. Would love to hear from anyone interested from either side. Planning to have a meeting pretty soon to discuss various items.
wilson4sheriff2014 @ gmail.com
Wilson campaign

Lenoir, NC

#103 Mar 31, 2013
disgusted wrote:
I have his cell number...I will call him as soon as possible and talk to him about a few things...I am ready to help all I can and have many friends who feel the same way...
<quoted text>
Good deal. I think he may have a meeting this week if you want to get with him soon.
dont be intimidated

Lenoir, NC

#104 Apr 1, 2013
ghost deputy wrote:
<quoted text>That is something that I think will not be a problem and I will tell you why. The party is divided to the point that it is almost two separate camps now but they have seen hope in Lance running so that tells me that if anything Lance will unite the party with the exception of the fewer and fewer Jones supporters. Those aforementioned Jones supporters need to take a hike anyways as they are the poison in the pudding in the first place. Lance has the possibility of bringing many Democrats in on his effort as well. I think most everyone can agree from both sides that Jones needs to go and nothing like a common enemy to bring people together.
It will most assuredly be interesting and I imagine the emotion and electricity will be high. This will be an exciting time to be involved in a Sheriffs race.
This DEMOCRAT and many, many more are voting for Wilson. All the work a group of us put into the churches congregations concentrated on lack of morals, ethics and decency. The parties weren't even a issue when we met but it was a shock as to how many Baptist and Church of God members are Republican and they want Jones and "Mater Ass" out of there. I'm glad we hit the majority voters when we did because what was produced to them opened some eyes (WIDE OPEN) as to what is really going on out there. Our goal was to show the church community not to be lazy and vote a straight ballot because you are tired of the wait in line and need to get on home. AND, putting parties aside and vote for somebody with decency and no skeletons in the closets etc. It's a good thing to see all parties coming together to get Jones out. Ghost, so glad the "REIGN OF TERROR" is almost over.
reality Check

West Jefferson, NC

#105 Apr 1, 2013
Reign of terror???? Lmao. Its just Sheriff. Dont act as if its a big deal
really

United States

#106 Apr 1, 2013
dont be intimidated wrote:
<quoted text>This DEMOCRAT and many, many more are voting for Wilson. All the work a group of us put into the churches congregations concentrated on lack of morals, ethics and decency. The parties weren't even a issue when we met but it was a shock as to how many Baptist and Church of God members are Republican and they want Jones and "Mater Ass" out of there. I'm glad we hit the majority voters when we did because what was produced to them opened some eyes (WIDE OPEN) as to what is really going on out there. Our goal was to show the church community not to be lazy and vote a straight ballot because you are tired of the wait in line and need to get on home. AND, putting parties aside and vote for somebody with decency and no skeletons in the closets etc. It's a good thing to see all parties coming together to get Jones out. Ghost, so glad the "REIGN OF TERROR" is almost over.
Actually all the bi-partisan support is wonderful but I can not stress this point enough..Only registered republicans and independents can vote in the Republican primary, which is when the election is won or lost. If you are registered democrat, all your support is appreciated but you will not get to vote in one of the most important primary elections in recent history.. Take a few minutes, switch your registration to independent or republican(if u wish) so your vote will count next May. It is alot to ask but every vote counts and the election in May is critical to win. No win in May 2014 means Jones has another 4 years. Period. Make your vote count if your a democrat, register differently at least for this one election cycle, it is that important.
Dont be intimidated

Lenoir, NC

#107 Apr 1, 2013
Thanks for responding!! It keeps this post up and moving forward.
Dems

Lenoir, NC

#108 Apr 1, 2013
Is there no democratic candidate planning to run? I hear that there is a suprise person, a former sheriff, planning announcement after Wilson officially does so. He and his backers are waiting to see Jones and Wilson shred each other, then swoop in for a win. Democrats would be foolish to change parties if thats the case.
really

Charlotte, NC

#109 Apr 1, 2013
Dems wrote:
Is there no democratic candidate planning to run? I hear that there is a suprise person, a former sheriff, planning announcement after Wilson officially does so. He and his backers are waiting to see Jones and Wilson shred each other, then swoop in for a win. Democrats would be foolish to change parties if thats the case.
If it is a viable contender then I could understand people not switching, but statically it is hard for a democrat to win just based on party percentages, which is exactly why the republican commissioners ran unopposed.
disgusted

Rutherfordton, NC

#110 Apr 1, 2013
I have not heard of any one putting their name in from the Democrat side. I am not saying that it is but it sounds like someone is trying to derail a civil topix forum - I apologize if it isnt...It just looks that way....You see, I am a Democrat with inside connections. I am considering changing my party affiliation to help Lance. I do not always vote party lines and have been voting Republican pretty regularly lately anyway. There are good and bad on both sides. It is a dis-service to our county to vote party only.
ready for change

Lenoir, NC

#111 Apr 1, 2013
disgusted wrote:
I have not heard of any one putting their name in from the Democrat side. I am not saying that it is but it sounds like someone is trying to derail a civil topix forum - I apologize if it isnt...It just looks that way....You see, I am a Democrat with inside connections. I am considering changing my party affiliation to help Lance. I do not always vote party lines and have been voting Republican pretty regularly lately anyway. There are good and bad on both sides. It is a dis-service to our county to vote party only.
Very well said and I for one am glad to see so many people working together on here and keeping it civil. I know several in the Democrat Party and they have no sign of a candidate for Sheriff this time around and for the most part everyone on that side I have spoke with plans on backing Lance. Lance is the perfect candidate for uniting people from both sides and he will treat people the same no matter what party they belong to, I am sure the officers he hires will be from all sides because he is just that type of person.

I am Independent but I will be changing over to vote in the primary as a Republican, I know many Democrats that plan on doing the same and this is truly wonderful news. I never would vote straight party even when I was registered in the past as a Republican, anyone that does so is doing a huge disservice to their community, that is what got Jones elected in the first place. I hope others take the time to switch over for the primary, it only takes a few minutes and you can easily change it back later.
really

Charlotte, NC

#112 Apr 1, 2013
Dems wrote:
You mention him being a former sheriff and that would only leave Roger. I think Roger would be a good candidate and think he is an ok guy but I don't see him running this time.
ready for change

Lenoir, NC

#113 Apr 1, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You mention him being a former sheriff and that would only leave Roger. I think Roger would be a good candidate and think he is an ok guy but I don't see him running this time.
I dont think Roger would either and that's the only one I can think of unless they are from another county or something but like I said before I haven't heard even the slightest mention of a Democratic candidate yet. I honestly think Roger is done with it and just content with being retired, I wouldn't think that at his stage in life that he would want to deal with being the High Sheriff again and all the stuff that goes along with it in today's world. If anything he would probably back Lance because he knows Lance and knows he has the best chance of removing Jones from the Sheriffs Office.
Ditto

Lenoir, NC

#114 Apr 2, 2013
It appears everyone is ready for someone new, finally. I don't like to wish time away but I cannot wait until election day and this current crowd gets their junk together and leaves the premises. Everyone sits back wondering what is going to come out this week from that office. I'm a Democrat who wants Wilson to run, win and clean up this place. It is not right that law breakers are allowed to resign and never see a courtroom or a blemish on employment record. Then the average law breakers here get Hung out to dry on everything but jaywalking. How is this fair or does it prove this crowd thinks they are above the General Statutes of NC and a different set of rules apply to them.
Ditto

Lenoir, NC

#115 Apr 2, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a viable contender then I could understand people not switchi ng, but statically it is hard for a democrat to win just based on party percentages, which is exactly why the republican commissioners ran unopposed.
No need to switch parties. I worked the polls and the Demo office. If we have to order signs to say just this : DEMOS FOR WILSON I will do it. It's gotten so bad its not about parties anymore its about getting rid of the junk out there. Special laws for "special people" and the numerous lawsuits has to stop. This county is the poorest in this side of the state and look what Jones has cost this county. What is worse, when he loses, leaves that office, I bet he moves out of this county and the poor people here are left holding the bill from Jones. He will get away ScottFree from all the damage and costs to everyone and laughing all the way to the bank. Oh yeah, how much did your taxes go up??????
disgusted

Rutherfordton, NC

#116 Apr 2, 2013
Well said also. I know Roger personally. He is very happily retired and has no plans of running. You are also right that he knows and respects Lance. I would think he will support him. Roger still has things going on in A.L.E. too - No time for this kind of political race....
ready for change wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think Roger would either and that's the only one I can think of unless they are from another county or something but like I said before I haven't heard even the slightest mention of a Democratic candidate yet. I honestly think Roger is done with it and just content with being retired, I wouldn't think that at his stage in life that he would want to deal with being the High Sheriff again and all the stuff that goes along with it in today's world. If anything he would probably back Lance because he knows Lance and knows he has the best chance of removing Jones from the Sheriffs Office.
Ditto

Lenoir, NC

#117 Apr 2, 2013
disgusted wrote:
Well said also. I know Roger personally. He is very happily retired and has no plans of running. You are also right that he knows and respects Lance. I would think he will support him. Roger still has things going on in A.L.E. too - No time for this kind of political race....
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I think Big Bird and Oscar from Sesame Street could run against Jones and win at this point with the way things look and how people really feel. I am glad to hear Roger is well. Roger carried himself well and was looked up to despite the Clark scandals that put this poor county on National News. I think the lazy straight ballot voters and Baptist in this county "Bought" the song and dance of Jones last election and we will not make the same mistake this time. To our shock, this has turned out to be someone the complete opposite of what they have portrayed themselves to be and promoting scum over good "clean" honest people. No wonder good officers have left out there. The type of people he has hired to wear the badge makes you cringe. It is a sorry shame and what a laughing stock this county is for letting ourselves be fooled and what has gone on with this place. I know for a fact he will turn a blind eye on an officer doing wrong. There is probably no telling what all has gone on with this type of people being in there wearing the badge. The lawsuits, the tax dollars, out of court settlements, NEW cars. Not just something to haul prisoners in but lavish SUV's and new Dodge's. Now DCr , NYC and other larger established LEO still use older model Ford's. Its not in their budget to furnish high end vehicles to every officer. But just wait, now that its approaching ELECTION TIME -the news will be FILLED with major drug busts and probably a few larceny charges filed. Let the song and dance begin again. I really wish Jones would see that his running is just pointless but whatever. This county wont make that mistake again.
disgusted

Rutherfordton, NC

#118 Apr 2, 2013
So true - In the last election you had people voting party lines no matter what - It had to be Republican,......experience in running a major law enforcement agency or not....As long as you voted Republican..We see where that got the whole county, 2 times in a row. We are pulling together, Democrat and Republican, and are gonna try to help Lance in his bid for Sheriff. I am a praying person - I believe that prayer will work better than any strategy we could have....Praying for Lance to win....

Local media needs to be fair. They need to present ALL the facts good or bad, and let the people decide...That is one thing wrong with our country now - Unfair media coverage...
Ditto wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I think Big Bird and Oscar from Sesame Street could run against Jones and win at this point with the way things look and how people really feel. I am glad to hear Roger is well. Roger carried himself well and was looked up to despite the Clark scandals that put this poor county on National News. I think the lazy straight ballot voters and Baptist in this county "Bought" the song and dance of Jones last election and we will not make the same mistake this time. To our shock, this has turned out to be someone the complete opposite of what they have portrayed themselves to be and promoting scum over good "clean" honest people. No wonder good officers have left out there. The type of people he has hired to wear the badge makes you cringe. It is a sorry shame and what a laughing stock this county is for letting ourselves be fooled and what has gone on with this place. I know for a fact he will turn a blind eye on an officer doing wrong. There is probably no telling what all has gone on with this type of people being in there wearing the badge. The lawsuits, the tax dollars, out of court settlements, NEW cars. Not just something to haul prisoners in but lavish SUV's and new Dodge's. Now DCr , NYC and other larger established LEO still use older model Ford's. Its not in their budget to furnish high end vehicles to every officer. But just wait, now that its approaching ELECTION TIME -the news will be FILLED with major drug busts and probably a few larceny charges filed. Let the song and dance begin again. I really wish Jones would see that his running is just pointless but whatever. This county wont make that mistake again.
Cobra Commander

Knoxville, TN

#119 Apr 4, 2013
Well friends, it's already started at the office. The jones gang has "commanded" all be in attendance at a special fundraiser breakfast this Saturday. You all know the place down at Johnny Wilson's farm. I hope poor ole Johnny sees through Jones and kicks him to the curb. Lets all show up with big smiles and joy in our heart as we raise money for another four years of lawsuits, embezzlement, and shenanigans. I remember the last time we worked these breakfasts. They were a disaster. I think we were the only ones who showed up to a couple of them. Maybe we can get Monty to park cars and hopefully he won't run us over. BJ can tell us how great Jones is and be a loud mouth as usual . Hey where is Bennett and Barlowe? Oh wait , I found them up Jones hind end. Good Times people, Good Times indeed.
Cobra Commander

Knoxville, TN

#120 Apr 4, 2013
Well friends, it's already started at the office. The jones gang has "commanded" all be in attendance at a special fundraiser breakfast this Saturday. You all know the place down at Johnny Wilson's farm. I hope poor ole Johnny sees through Jones and kicks him to the curb. Lets all show up with big smiles and joy in our heart as we raise money for another four years of lawsuits, embezzlement, and shenanigans. I remember the last time we worked these breakfasts. They were a disaster. I think we were the only ones who showed up to a couple of them. Maybe we can get Monty to park cars and hopefully he won't run us over. BJ can tell us how great Jones is and be a loud mouth as usual . Hey where is Bennett and Barlowe? Oh wait , I found them up Jones hind end. Good Times people, Good Times indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Social Media and MacDill AFB warning. 6 min mistakes made 13
WHACKO! were you in the military? 15 min Liberal forever 3
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 1 hr State of Florida 1,752
why black men dont eat out 2 hr Bite me 14
DROP/KEEP/ADD a word (Feb '14) 2 hr Bite me 101
Former Foothills Regional Airport employees ple... (Sep '12) 2 hr Heather 21
People in jail with Federal Charges 8 hr Life in Baton 7
Valdese Dating
Find my Match

Valdese Jobs